Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Local video cache issue?
1537 5 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kwi66
lvl.3
Austria

I don't know if I am doing something wrong (special setting?), but since the last update of Dji Go and FW .600 my local cached viedeo file seems to have a problem. There is a mp4 file (about 700 MB for 10 minutes of flight recording), but neither my Android phone nor my PC can't read it any more?!Does anyone else have this problem?
I can't tell about resolution or other video details, as Windows does not show any details as it usually does...

2017-4-17
Use props
kwi66
lvl.3
Austria

Just found the answer. It seems to be the 'Regular Mode'.
Maybe I set this in mistake when going through the settings after upgrade. I am pretty sure that, if it was not set as default value already, I thought that 'regular will be best' and changed it accordingly.
After switching to 'HD only', it worked again.
Lesson learned: 'regular' is not always the setting of choice! :-)
But I still have no idea which type of video is captured in 'regular mode'.
If it was 4k, my PC should have recognized it, as it also does with the videos from the mavics sd card...?
2017-4-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Regular mode also saves as MP4. If you turn off the RC before ending recording the file won't properly close and the mp4 will be unplayable. There might be some other scenarios, like app crashing, that have the same result. There are a few utilities online for fixing such files if you need that.
2017-4-17
Use props
kwi66
lvl.3
Austria

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-17 08:35
Regular mode also saves as MP4. If you turn off the RC before ending recording the file won't properly close and the mp4 will be unplayable. There might be some other scenarios, like app crashing, that have the same result. There are a few utilities online for fixing such files if you need that.

Thank you very much for this explanation....as I think, this could be the reason.
I would have been puzzled, if I produced an unusable video next time, when I again just forgot to switch off recording before shutting down the system.
2017-4-17
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

Im having the same issue, Cant play them back.. the setting change didnt help..
2017-4-18
Use props
Ruthiness
New
United States

I have Samsung S4 and Android 5.0.1 with DJI Go app and all videos appear in the library with green bars and is unviewable. I am saving to SD card.  Is it SD card is too slow?  I can use my built in camera with the Osmo Mobile and it records video just fine - just the DJI GO app does not record video correctly. I can see the video on the phone but it is recording as if it has a bad codec?
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules