1242 10 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
escajadillo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136165 ft
Mexico

Hello,

I would like to share with everyone my terrible experience with DJI and the Phantom 3 Standard.

I bought a Phantom 3 Standard on february 2017, took some time to get used to it and to understand the controls. I was flying it only a month after, safely over a lake, untill without warning, the drone fell from around 8 feet and into the water. I lost sight and the drone drowned; had to hire a diver ($$$) to go down and get it untill I finally recovered it.

I sent the aircraft to DJI ($$$), fullfilled all of the requirements DJI asked, and after more than a month, news haven't been so positive for me.

The first response I got from DJI was that the aircraft would not be repaired under warranty because it had water damage and they don't cover that kind of damage; complete nonsense. The aircraft problem is not the water damage itself, but that it actually fell from the sky for no apparent reason! (This happened after flying continuosly for around 15 minutes, 30% battery still, and with no trouble or previous warning) (I upload the video for you to judge)

I received an invoice of around $500 in order for them to give me a new or repaired drone. I did not agree with the veredict and asked for a reassesment that would conclude in something at least more objective that an evident "Water Damage". I documented the case and asked them to review the flight logs (which I still think they are ignoring).

A couple of weeks later, after no response, I decided to get back to them in order to get news or advances on the case. A person named Francis, told me that the case was already re-reviewed and that the drone would be replaced under warranty since they concluded that the failure was caused by an aircraft manufacture defect; things started to make sense. They told me to wait 24-48 hrs for them to update the order status.

Finally a couple of weeks later, without further news from DJI, I decided to get back to them and ask for any refresh on the status. A person named Renzy answered and asked me to send the payment receipt in order for them to repair the drone. I was very confused and told them that they already had declared that the drone would go under warranty. This person "professionally" answered that the other collegue had no idea on the information that was given to me since he/she was new to the company, and that the final veredict was that the drone had water damage and they would not cover it. (I seriously thought this was a joke)

We agreed that the drone case would be reassesed and that this time, the answer was definitive and that there will not be a way back if they blindly determine that the issue is water damage.

In the end I find myself with no drone to have fun with, having to argue about the case with every DJI rep I talk to, and getting mixed up by their responses. I'm very sad I bought a drone from them, I did not expect to have this type of treatment which is far from supportive, after making my investment.

I'm evaluating my options since I will not settle with this kind of treatment.

What do you think? Anyone else having the same issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQvMEMS8q9g

2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide your case number so I can look into this?
2017-4-17
Use props
escajadillo
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-17 12:23
Could you please provide your case number so I can look into this?

Sure,

It's CAS-513012-Y2W5P1.

Thanks in advance.
2017-4-17
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

What does the log indicate?
2017-4-17
Use props
Sjatty05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294613 ft
United States

I am currently having problems. I have DJI Care. I was learning to use Atti mode and ran into branches and a tree.  The obstacle sensor quit working. I sent it in. The answer I got was that obstacle avoidance doesn't work in atti mode. I knew that. They said they would be happy to send my Phantom 4 back without repair. How many times to I have to say I have DJI Care?  They finally gave me an invoice with gimbal and landing gear repairs.  The instructions were to pay by PayPal. I have DJI Care!  It is supposedly repaired.  Since there was no acknowledgement of the obstacle sensor not working, I believe I am in for a disappointment. I'll certainly post about it.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

escajadillo Posted at 2017-4-17 17:16
Sure,

It's CAS-513012-Y2W5P1.

I sympathize with your situation, sorry for the difficulties you're experiencing.
I've reported your case to the local repair team and asked them to look into it soon then contact you for an update, appreciate your patience.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-4-17 18:52
I am currently having problems. I have DJI Care. I was learning to use Atti mode and ran into branches and a tree.  The obstacle sensor quit working. I sent it in. The answer I got was that obstacle avoidance doesn't work in atti mode. I knew that. They said they would be happy to send my Phantom 4 back without repair. How many times to I have to say I have DJI Care?  They finally gave me an invoice with gimbal and landing gear repairs.  The instructions were to pay by PayPal. I have DJI Care!  It is supposedly repaired.  Since there was no acknowledgement of the obstacle sensor not working, I believe I am in for a disappointment. I'll certainly post about it.

I do understand how you feel, that really makes you feel down.
I just tracked your repair case with the e-mail address you use for forum, it's under process recently, I think it will be shipped back to you soon.
Thanks for your feedback, we've let the management to know that, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

escajadillo Posted at 2017-4-17 17:16
Sure,

It's CAS-513012-Y2W5P1.

You should have received a notification from the repair team regarding the status of your warranty Today.
2017-4-18
Use props
escajadillo
lvl.1
Mexico

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-4-17 18:49
What does the log indicate?

I haven't received any info on the flight log or why the drone stopped working, DJI guys just said they would repair it under warranty.

I can finally see the light LOL
2017-4-18
Use props
escajadillo
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 12:49
You should have received a notification from the repair team regarding the status of your warranty Today.

Thank you very much for solving this!
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

escajadillo Posted at 2017-4-18 16:36
I haven't received any info on the flight log or why the drone stopped working, DJI guys just said they would repair it under warranty.

I can finally see the light LOL

It's caused by propeller failure according to the data analysis result, it's covered by warranty.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules