No fly zones
916 6 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can anyone tell me if its possible to fly a phantom 4 in a no fly zone while using dji go 4?
I was at a disused airport (woodford in cheshire) with permission from the museum owners permision to try to photograph a Vulcan bomber. But as the airport is now decommishened it seems its still classed as in use. The guys from the museum said i could fly within there grounds to take pics but upon starting up the p4 it came up as cant fly, due to the restrictions.
My question is , can i get round this so i can take pictures of the Vulcan?.
I know its for safety reasons and i fully aggre with it but having an oppotunity like this i didnt want to pass it up.
They have said i can do this but dji says no. Any help would be appreciated. Dave
2017-4-17
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What do you mean by "DJI says No"? Because the P4 won't start?
Or did you email DJI flysafe@dji.com asking them to remove the location from restricted zones and they denied?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Some NFZs can be unlocked via the Go4 app when you have GeoSystem on. If you have any difficulty, you can contact flysafe@dji.com to get help with it.
2017-4-17
Use props
_sawhe4d_
New
Flight distance : 185617 ft
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-17 12:18
Some NFZs can be unlocked via the Go4 app when you have GeoSystem on. If you have any difficulty, you can contact  to get help with it.

I had a similar problem in a warning zone but was unable to connect to flysafe@dji.com. What is GeoSystem and how do I turn it on?
2017-4-22
Use props
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

thanks guys , contacted flysafe and they have told me that it should be god to fly there now. as they said ive updated the firmware and checked there maps and it seems I might be able to fly there now. when ive been back ill let you and them know if it works. thanks for the help again.
2017-4-24
Use props
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-17 12:11
What do you mean by "DJI says No"? Because the P4 won't start?
Or did you email DJI flysafe@dji.com asking them to remove the location from restricted zones and they denied?

when I said Dji said no , I was referring to the go app. but it seems the aerodrome as was had a no fly restriction even though it has been decommissioned.
2017-4-24
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I digged a little bit into this airport with its museum. Yes - it has been oficially closed down but seems to be still registered with the authorities.
AirMap still shows it active as "recreational". It might be also related to Woodford being part of the class D control zone of Manchester airport.

Enjoy and promise to show us your pics later!
And consider tripod mode for flying close to that airplane. Make sure GPS signal is full so the drone won't switch into ATTI mode!

Woodford.jpg
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules