New Mavic Pro: Unable to update firmware
7235 23 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans63149612
New
United States

Greeting, i have a brand new mavic Pro, less than 24 hours old. I charged all of the devices to full and the first thing that was recommended was a firmware update.
The machine refuses to perform a firmware update, it gets to approximately 72% and then fails.

i have attempted to upgade the firmware three times from the app, and twice from the DJI Assistant to no avail, following all recommendations found in the forum with no success.
The Drone reboots twice during the upgrade, the first reboot apears to be an intenional piece of the update process but after the second reboot the update process fails with an error.

At which point i receive another "firmware incompatility error" and have to repeat the process.
2017-4-17
Use props
fans63149612
New
United States

Current firmware version according to DJI Assistant - 1.03.0400
2017-4-17
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 611027 ft
United States

Lots of folks are having the same problem, and so far, DJI hasn't said a word about it, or offered any assistance.  I've used two separate mobile devices (iPhone 7 and Aipad Air 2) as well as the DJI assistant.  Nothing seems to work.

I'm detailing my efforts here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-92886-1-1.html
2017-4-17
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I used IPHONE6S+ 256 GIG... Update done in 12 minutes using the app. Make sure you have fast WIFI and force close all apps. Good luck!
2017-4-17
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

Try the RC first if your computer is windows make sure you right click on the icon and run in administrator or it might have issues try and re format the SD card before doing the update I really doubt that one matters but I think they might store hidden files on the SD card just did mine and it rebooted at some place around 80% twice in about 2 minutes and finished ok. Forgot to mention make sure you have the most current version of DJI Assistant 2 if you're  using it to upgrade it's like 1.10. something now
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you get any error code from DJI assistant?
Please provide me a screenshot with the error message and please export the upload log.
Here is a video tutorial for your reference.

2017-4-19
Use props
fans63149612
New
United States

Update has been stalled at 72% for the past 20 minutes or so, the Drone then restarted and pops this error.
Untitled.png
2017-4-19
Use props
fans63149612
New
United States

I am re-running the update now and will pull the log file, attempting to open the log file directly in the app results in a application look-up error due to an unknown extension. Appears to be javascript.
2017-4-19
Use props
fans63149612
New
United States

Error Message - undefined 0x020106
Update has been attempted multiple times with both the IOS app and the DJI assistant application

There is no "UPGRADE_LOG" sub-directory in the SJI assistant directory, the Video above has the incorrect location.
2017-4-19
Use props
fans63149612
New
United States

The correct location is %appdata%\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log

2017_04_19@16_14_26_upgrade.zip

723.78 KB, Down times: 8

2017-4-19
Use props
fans63149612
New
United States

The 9th attempt appears to has gotten past 72% where the previous installations were failing, i'll report back if this one is successful.
2017-4-19
Use props
Fixitt
New
United States

Last attempt stalled out at 99% during the UPDATE phase, update then crashed and did not generate an "UPLOAD_LOG" file to review.
Restarted the drone and the firmware still shows as V01.03.0400
2017-4-19
Use props
Fixitt
New
United States

After several more attempts, i have updated to the 1.03.0550 Firmware which has completed without issue.
At this point, with all the errors i have been experiencing and the other reported forum issues i am going to assume this is a 0600 version specific issue.

Uploading my "successful" 0550 upgrade log in case that is helpful.

2017_04_19@17_08_35_upgrade.zip

834.71 KB, Down times: 4

0550 Upgrade

2017-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fixitt Posted at 2017-4-19 16:11
After several more attempts, i have updated to the 1.03.0550 Firmware which has completed without issue.
At this point, with all the errors i have been experiencing and the other reported forum issues i am going to assume this is a 0600 version specific issue.

Thank you. I have forwarded your log file to our engineers for review.
Besides,  could you please help to confirm if there's anything wrong with the transmission?
Can you take photo and record video? Also, please remember to click "reply" button so I can see you are responding to me.
2017-4-19
Use props
fans5627d924
New
India

I just booked a mavic, DJI support asking to send photos of my credit card and ID proof for further process, any of you got the same message?
2017-4-20
Use props
Fixitt
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-19 23:58
Thank you. I have forwarded your log file to our engineers for review.
Besides,  could you please help to confirm if there's anything wrong with the transmission?
Can you take photo and record video? Also, please remember to click "reply" button so I can see you are responding to me.

I went through a full battery with no issues, on the second battery i did lose video downlink while flying. I'm not sure if that is related to the firmware update, or simply an issue with the app.
2017-4-22
Use props
Fixitt
New
United States

fans5627d924 Posted at 2017-4-20 20:48
I just booked a mavic, DJI support asking to send photos of my credit card and ID proof for further process, any of you got the same message?

I did not have to send in anything in order to order, i simply used a credit card.
2017-4-22
Use props
fans5627d924
New
India

Fixitt Posted at 2017-4-22 20:55
I did not have to send in anything in order to order, i simply used a credit card.

Thanks for the info.
2017-4-23
Use props
fans2dd0ef11
New
Flight distance : 2008 ft
United Kingdom

Having same problem too, now trying reinstall of v01.03.0550 before trying again to go to latest version, have failed on app, MacBook Pro and iMac!
2017-4-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

When I got my MP and poweing up for the 1st time I also got this message which I ignore till now.
Why? Experiences w/ other devices that has FW and SW thought me not to jump in on the latest releases.
The REASON, very obvious......most of the time it fixes something and @ the same time it also messes something  up. Just wait and see....be patience. Then when you see people are praising and singing haleluia and joyful songs, then it's time to do it. JMHO!
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fixitt Posted at 2017-4-22 20:54
I went through a full battery with no issues, on the second battery i did lose video downlink while flying. I'm not sure if that is related to the firmware update, or simply an issue with the app.

Could you please follow the video tutorial to export the RC data?
2017-4-23
Use props
crazyforsushi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87162 ft
Philippines

Had this problem yesterday. Had problems updating my Mavic Pro and my RC via the DJI Go App in my iPhone -- it just kept stalling and saying that it couldn't be updated.

Saw in this forum that it is possible to use the DJI Assistant via desktop so installed it in my Mac.

Had no problems updating the RC but still kept failing when I tried updating the Mavic.

Weird solution was I tried updating the Mavic via the DJI Go app and it magically worked!
2017-4-29
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

I have the same issue with .600 and even tough support said to send it back, I decided to keep the Mavic as I can sense really poor knowledge by the support staff ( I felt like I knew the product much better than them..) and sending it to DJI will take who knows how long and who knows what am I getting back..so I downgraded to .550 and waiting for next version, if the new FW will fail I will then send it to DJI.
On .550 everything seems to be ok. I did a flight to 1.5km up to 400 mt high and no issues.
Also I noticed that after trying again and again to upgrade firmware now my Remote control is not anymore recognized by the PC (tried 2 PC) but works fine trough my android tablet, I am an IT professional and there is no way I can get the pcs to see the remote anymore... So I recommend not to insist..

Very disappointed with DJI quality of engineering and software support. After all these are very expensive devices which can be REALLY dangerous if out of control and should have PERFECT support, but they dont... Please keep an eye on the following threads:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-94938-1-1.html

https://forum.dji.com/thread-92141-1-1.html
2017-5-8
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Lets all discuss in here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid791195
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced