465 4 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans66074fce
New
United States

Just got my DJI 3std
Just wondering if there is anything I need to know or maybe some tips.. I have made five flights with it and so far had no trouble with it lol. But I haven't took it it out to far. This leads me to this with a stock controller is the dji3 able to go to 1,000 feet???
2017-4-17
Use props
fans66074fce
New
United States

I'm only going up to around 400 feet but want to go farther out so can I take it out to 1,000 feet from me ???
2017-4-17
Use props
Michgolden
lvl.4
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

Congrats, these are a ton of fun! As far as range goes It's going to depend a lot on your environment. I live in the country and with a stock setup I have hit around 8700 feet before. It just depends on where you fly, weather, interference from your environment and so on. You can get quite a lot of info on this forum but you'll need to look at the varied opinions and make your own conclusions. Remember, 400 feet is the max legal height here in the US and you also have to register it. It's $5 for 3 years while the fine is up to $27,500 if you don't and get caught. You can also find some good links to things such as videos, registration, how to's, etc on the "Phantom Help" website. Do your research and fly, that's what it's all about. Fly safe and have fun!
Edit : 400 feet is for "Commercial" use. (for work not recreational)
2017-4-17
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If i don´t be wrong then you can fly the P3S in CE mode(Erope) 1500 feet away the home point in distance in the height  of 320 feet and in FCC mode (America and Asia) more than 3000 feet in the same height with good conditions.
2017-4-18
Use props
fans66074fce
New
United States

Michgolden Posted at 2017-4-17 18:45
Congrats, these are a ton of fun! As far as range goes It's going to depend a lot on your environment. I live in the country and with a stock setup I have hit around 8700 feet before. It just depends on where you fly, weather, interference from your environment and so on. You can get quite a lot of info on this forum but you'll need to look at the varied opinions and make your own conclusions. Remember, 400 feet is the max legal height here in the US and you also have to register it. It's $5 for 3 years while the fine is up to $27,500 if you don't and get caught. You can also find some good links to things such as videos, registration, how to's, etc on the "Phantom Help" website. Do your research and fly, that's what it's all about. Fly safe and have fun!
Edit : 400 feet is for "Commercial" use. (for work not recreational)

Thanks for all the info. I new 400ft was FCC regulation and I'll get it registered this evening don't need no ticket lol just getting the hang of it and was scared to take it way out due to not make it back again thanks for the info...
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules