Phantom 2 vision plus battery issues ph2-5200mAh-11.1v (V2.0)
4157 5 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7be325bf
New

Australia

Greetings all,
Just wonering if I could get some advice on a dual battery pack I purchased about a year ago.
Each battery was used about 7 times. Been in storage for the last 10 months.

Yesterday I pulled my drone out of storage and tried to charge the battery's but could not turn them on.
After a little bit of reading I think both of these battery's may have entered a hibination state, will not charge or will not power on.
Reading further I see some people suggest removing the case and directly charging the battery to the point where it can power the smart circuit and then charge as normal.

Is there another way? If not, would someone with knowledge point me to towards a procedure for doing such? Or is it just a simple case of removing the electronics and hooking the charger directly to the battery?

The battery is a "ph2-5200mAh-11.1v" (V2.0)

Cheers.
Mark.

2017-4-17
Use props
fans7be325bf
New

Australia

I get no reply from DJI, Ok, does any one know if this is a taboo topic?
2017-4-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's not a taboo topic.  It's just that nobody is sure if you can solve your problem.  I'm not even sure if these batteries have a hibernation mode.  These are older generation intelligent lipos.  For example, these don't even have an auto-discharge.  Every time I've had a battery that behaves the way you describe, I've had to retire it.  In other words, it appears to me, from your description, the battery is dead.  I don't know anything about taking the cover off the battery and fiddling with the electronics unless you're trying to add externals.  Good luck.  

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... fety_Guidelines.pdf
2017-4-20
Use props
probe3wiz
New

United States

I have the exact same issues, have you found a fix for this?
2017-7-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The fix is to maintain the battery correctly which means keep it at around 50% - which means you can't just throw it in a drawer for a year - you have to watch it and periodically give it a charge for a few minutes as needed to keep it happy.  Otherwise the voltage will drop down too low and become dead.  I like to keep mine at two solid greens and the third lamp blinking which is just above 50%.  

Sorry for your loss.  
2017-7-2
Use props
Rick91
New
United States

Does anyone know where to even purchase a good replacement battery for the Phantom2?
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules