Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro - IMU Calibration
4200 5 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Here's how to calibrate IMU for Phantom 4 Pro.

2017-4-18
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Wow!

Same procedure for P4 (non Pro) ??
2017-4-18
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Same procedure on P4 (non Pro)?
2017-4-19
Use props
apomares-Vzla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 633609 ft
United States

Why doesn't is mention it has to be on a perfectly level surface, or else??
2017-5-1
Use props
Mr. Frustrated
New
United States

My phantom4 is calibrating imu like the phantom4 pro does??? Very odd considering they're supposed to calibrate differently
2017-7-10
Use props
wehill1439
lvl.1
United States

Mr. Frustrated Posted at 2017-7-10 23:06
My phantom4 is calibrating imu like the phantom4 pro does??? Very odd considering they're supposed to calibrate differently

I'm a newby.  Bought my Phantom 4 Pro about six months ago.   Didn't have time to get it ready to fly until yesterday.  

After three flights on Beginner mode we disabled the beginner mode and started to fly on P mode.  On starting up we got the "gimbal motor overload" error message.  After some reading discovered that it might need the IMU Calibration.  In getting ready we watched several videos for insight etc.

The first video we watched suggested two things prior to starting the calibration.  First, make sure the drone is cool and suggested that sitting the drone over an air conditioning duct for a few minutes was a good idea.  The second suggestion was to make sure you had a level surface to sit the drone.

We watched the above DJI video but we had  some trouble following as when we tracked the menu on the  controller didn't tract the same.  I eventually learned that I needed to back up to the beginning of the menu.  I actually had to shut the controller down and restart it and finally got through the menu without any issues.

I actually drew the position of the battery to ensure that I turned the drone in the same exact sequence as in the video.

My next question was about how long do I leave the drone in each position.  On not one of the videos did it explain that the green lights would blink when it was time to re-position of the drone.

After the above, we had no problems completing the IMU Calibration.

The good news is that after the IMU calibration the drone and gimbal  worked fine.

2018-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules