New Ipad 2017 for phantom 3 advanced
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddycheah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261660 ft
Malaysia

The new ipad 2017 is it good for using phantom 3 advanced? anybody already test it pls share.tq
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's running an A9 chip, so it should be ok.
2017-4-18
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

I've got the 2017 IPad that I've have been using for just less than a week with phantom 3 standard and now the Mavic pro.  I previously had a Samsung tab a but that didn't seem to want to work with the DJI go 4 app.  So far I have been happy except for having to dish out to pay for the litchi app on my iOS and I've had issues with follow me in the dji go app....  whenever I try to use follow me it says the gps signal is too weak.  I think it's an apple issue as I was not having any issue with follow me on the Samsung tab a with the p3s on the litchi app.  so IPad is good as long as you are ok possibly not being able to use the follow me on the dji app.
2017-4-18
Use props
eddycheah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261660 ft
Malaysia

MTUFLYER28 Posted at 2017-4-18 22:40
I've got the 2017 IPad that I've have been using for just less than a week with phantom 3 standard and now the Mavic pro.  I previously had a Samsung tab a but that didn't seem to want to work with the DJI go 4 app.  So far I have been happy except for having to dish out to pay for the litchi app on my iOS and I've had issues with follow me in the dji go app....  whenever I try to use follow me it says the gps signal is too weak.  I think it's an apple issue as I was not having any issue with follow me on the Samsung tab a with the p3s on the litchi app.  so IPad is good as long as you are ok possibly not being able to use the follow me on the dji app.

tq for your sharing,Is your new ipad 2017 with cellular or wifi only. If your ipad is wifi only,i'm sure the follow me mode won't be work.
2017-4-20
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

That's what I was going to point out. The WiFi iPads only have GPS-A (Assist, I believe) which is not GPS at all. It just uses known WiFi access points in the area to give you a rough estimate of your location. No WiFi means no positioning/location services. Even if you are not going to activate cellular service on your iPad, you still need to buy a cellular model. The GPS chip is built onto the cellular chip, from what I understand.
2017-4-20
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

eddycheah Posted at 2017-4-20 05:11
tq for your sharing,Is your new ipad 2017 with cellular or wifi only. If your ipad is wifi only,i'm sure the follow me mode won't be work.

You and cobra44 appear to be corrct.  In the specs on apples site it shows gps only for cellular version.  So I guess I would have preferred the cellular version but I don't mind not spending the additional $$.  With the Mavic I can just use the image tracking feature to follow.  It does have to be closer to the object to actually work and is not as reliable but it seems to work ok so far.  The litchi app does something similiar but it has to use your controller device to run the image recognition so it's sort of spotty even when I try it with the iPad.  
2017-4-20
Use props
Michalmiko
New

Poland

Hi! I bought a new iPad Cellular. Please check display before you buy. My has yellow color (see in screen is white) along home button (about 5mm).

2017-4-22
Use props
PhantomIzzy
New
United States

Just bought the iPad (5) 2017 non cellular and holy hell is it laggy!!!! I have a phantom 4 running the dji go 4.0 and it's never been so bad. I usually fly on my iPhone 6s before buying this new iPad. I used the Dji GSP app with my new iPad and the video feed is flawless perfectly smooth (please tell me why?!) I don't want to return this iPad but if I can't find a solution I will , I only bought it to fly my phantom! Please tell me why dji 4.0 runs so bad while dji GSP runs perfect (btw I rather fly with the 4.0 app because of its simplicity view/edit apps, while dji GSP won't even let me view recorded videos)! Please and thank you guys.
2017-4-22
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

PhantomIzzy Posted at 2017-4-22 20:27
Just bought the iPad (5) 2017 non cellular and holy hell is it laggy!!!! I have a phantom 4 running the dji go 4.0 and it's never been so bad. I usually fly on my iPhone 6s before buying this new iPad. I used the Dji GSP app with my new iPad and the video feed is flawless perfectly smooth (please tell me why?!) I don't want to return this iPad but if I can't find a solution I will , I only bought it to fly my phantom! Please tell me why dji 4.0 runs so bad while dji GSP runs perfect (btw I rather fly with the 4.0 app because of its simplicity view/edit apps, while dji GSP won't even let me view recorded videos)! Please and thank you guys.

I too just got a new iPad -cellular- for my P4P and both DJI Go4 and DJI GSP work equally well (both Apps are latest version , and aircraft and controller also latest software update. Certainly not worse than my previous iPad Air 2 cellular, for sure.
2017-4-27
Use props
Michalmiko
New

Poland

Do you also have yellow discoloration of the display, like me? iPad 2017 cellular
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules