EXACTLY how to update each battery's firmware
4480 7 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0b37c809
New
United States

Before I decided to post, I scoured Google searches and forums and apps trying to get a step by step on how a person updates firmware on all 3 of their batteries on the Mavic Pro Fly More package.  I can find half baked answers, and answers that assume people have been flying drones for years, but I cannot find a step by step that is dummy proof.  DJI doesn't even address battery updates in their own tutorials, but folks keep stating it is required.

So if I use DJI Assistant 2 on my PC to perform a firmware update on my RC and then on my Mavic Pro, I assume I have 1 battery updated as well, since that battery was in my Mavic during the firmware update.  

If that is accurate, what exactly do I need to do from that point to apply the update the other two batteries?  I go back through the mavic firmware update process two more times with different batteries?  Or, as one user stated, the battery automatically updates itself as soon as it's inserted into the Mavic?

Thank you in advance for your help!
2017-4-18
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It's not always required. When I first updated my Mavic back in January, simply placing each battery on the Mavic and reconnecting triggered the update prompt. Haven't been prompted to do that since, and I've updated to every new firmware release.
2017-4-18
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

I would think that if your battery firmware was out of date it would prompt you upon starting up your mavic. and you should be able to update from there?
2017-4-18
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic stores the latest FW n its internal memory, when you updated via assistant 2 that is now stored inside, If a battery is put in with older fw it will give you a message saying inconsistent FW and prompt you to update.
2017-4-18
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-18 07:56
It's not always required. When I first updated my Mavic back in January, simply placing each battery on the Mavic and reconnecting triggered the update prompt. Haven't been prompted to do that since, and I've updated to every new firmware release.

Totally agreed.
2017-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ex Machina is exactly right.
2017-4-18
Use props
Beezzzzy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 280522 ft
United States

Ive never had an issue with battery firmwares before. Just the actual firmware update of the Mavic itself.
2017-4-18
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I just re-read your post and realized my response described the process from the standpoint of upgrading via phone connected to the RC. I haven't used the DJI Assistant to do the upgrade, but I presume you would need to restart the connection and upgrade process for each battery attached to the Mavic, manually. Sorry I missed that detail.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules