I could've had my Mavic by now, but now I have to rent (with images)
920 4 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geruvah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24360 ft
United States

April 20 was the deadline.
It was April 3, so I wanted to take no chances. Rather than use the free UPS Ground shipping, I spent over $40 to do 2nd day air. It was delivered to their facility at 11:30 at the 5th.

After nearly a week of hearing nothing and checking my repair progress and being told it would've taken one working day from receiving to assessing the damage, I finally contacted customer service to ask about the holdup. Apparently, they didn't bother to put it in the system and it took my emailing for them to look for it and start it. They were finally beginning the process six days later on the 11th. Valuable time was lost and I might as well have sent it Ground UPS if DJI was going to forget about it for nearly a week.

Damage assesment happened at the 14th and I immediately paid.

Right after that, there's a glimmer of hope as a thought came into my head. Maybe if I can convince them to tack on 2nd day air via UPS. I'd get it before I leave for a week on the 20th. Aron , the CS representative said he'll "inform the designated team for another invoice" that same day and to expect it soon. Saturday, he told me that they didn't send it. "Expect the updated invoice soon."

Yesterday, Monday. I get a message from Aron that the "designated department" has concerns because I already paid. Yes, fair enough, but the whole point was to just tack on 2nd day shipping. Just send me a shipping invoice. The process to ship hasn't even started yet, as in no label has been created, so let's do it. As long as we get it 2nd day air by Tuesday, the 18th, it'll get here on time. Aron promises to update them again for the request.

Today, without any communication, a label for UPS Ground has been created. Don't know what happened in between him telling them that I wanted express shipping, or if he even told them. It won't make it here in time and because of that, I'm spending $145 to rent a mavic from Lumoid to use it on my trip. This is why paying 2nd day air, both ways, would've been worth it.

Thanks for ignoring my package when it arrived then ignoring my request to pay for express shipping days before you went ahead and made the label. Customer service is the one aspect of DJI that desperately needs improving, and now I see why that's the wide majority of opinions.

CASE # CAS-549820-R4T4H5
REQUEST #501935
2017-4-18
Use props
Geruvah
lvl.1
United States

Sorry guys, I tried editing it because I thought those links would paste as links, not images. It won't let me edit the post now that it's been 2 minutes (which was needed to get the image address to change those into hyperlinks).
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We apologize for the delay in repair process, which makes you feel down, we do understand this is very frustrating.
We're now working hard to get all cases resolved as soon as possible so you would get the drone back to fly.
For your case, I've forwarded it to the local repair team and management, will look into it soon and have someone contact you to explain it. Appreciate your feedback, we care much about that, will keep improving to provide you better service.
We wish you have a nice trip !
2017-4-18
Use props
Geruvah
lvl.1
United States

Thanks. Someone just called me and left a message. Something that wasn't communicated was that a lot of this had to do with moving to a new facility. I didn't know this. The local repair team told me exactly the timeline they plan to do things and kept it clear. Appreciate it.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Geruvah Posted at 2017-4-19 08:36
Thanks. Someone just called me and left a message. Something that wasn't communicated was that a lot of this had to do with moving to a new facility. I didn't know this. The local repair team told me exactly the timeline they plan to do things and kept it clear. Appreciate it.

Thanks for your update, we'd love to try our best to help you out.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules