Focus continously hunting
468 6 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tareone
New
Finland

My Mavic have this strange problem with continous little hunting (see video). Have tried all tricks: downgrading firmware, resetting camera, calibrating IMU, RC. It "hunts" even if i'm not filming. It "hunts" on AF, MF, AF-C. Anybody else suffering with this problem? Any ideas how to fix this or should i just return it?
https://youtu.be/O2TNyju9Ex8
2017-4-18
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think you tried everything you might be expected to.
The in-out motion looks like focusing but it doesn't seem to actually move in and out of focus though?
Looks like some component is acting up.
2017-4-18
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

If you switch to manual focus do you still get the same effect?
2017-4-18
Use props
tareone
New
Finland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-18 13:11
If you switch to manual focus do you still get the same effect?

Yes. Even if i manually focus it off by purpose.
2017-4-18
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Have you tried (after focusing) tapping the little green box on the top right - changes to a yellow circle and locks the focus, I dont know the technical term... If you havent that could be a temporary fix, but this definitely seems like a defect, even when my videos arent focused very well it doesnt continuously hunt like yours.
2017-4-18
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

Sangarone Posted at 2017-4-18 18:40
Have you tried (after focusing) tapping the little green box on the top right - changes to a yellow circle and locks the focus, I dont know the technical term... If you havent that could be a temporary fix, but this definitely seems like a defect, even when my videos arent focused very well it doesnt continuously hunt like yours.

or maybe it could be possible there is something up with your cell phone screen? like it thinks your finger is tapping to focus.
2017-4-18
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

tareone Posted at 2017-4-18 18:25
Yes. Even if i manually focus it off by purpose.

Not sure what you mean, there, but if the effect you are calling "focus hunting" occurs while in manual focus mode, then there's some other problem and you should open a support request with DJI.
2017-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules