Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video : Some river video
549 6 2017-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GSI_IRE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

So I was out testing again, very obvious from the quality of the video I am still miles from where I want to be, but I still decided to take a bash at some editing on this one. Told the people in the canoes I would try throw something together.

I have more footage to follow where I followed them down the river.

Any constructive comments welcomed!
2017-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Trying to be constructive.

Your taking aerial videos but your trying hard to make it look like your on the ground with a hand held camera, to much trying to zoom in on the subjects , best to set your camera close to what your filming and then back off and zoom out to reveal, use sideward movements to try to keep stuff in shot also try tripod mode you will get much less jerky movements when you yaw.
Instead of trying to move gimbal to get subject in shot when filming just use up and down on the aircraft.

Hope this helps.
2017-4-19
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.4
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-19 03:08
Trying to be constructive.

Your taking aerial videos but your trying hard to make it look like your on the ground with a hand held camera, to much trying to zoom in on the subjects , best to set your camera close to what your filming and then back off and zoom out to reveal, use sideward movements to try to keep stuff in shot also try tripod mode you will get much less jerky movements when you yaw.

Hi hallmark007,

Safe to say you were more than trying Thanks for the tips.

I thought I tripod mode enabled for some of, but I don't see any noticeable change in yaw, I really need to get out and test more.

That day was purely meant to be testing tripod mode, and messing with different camera modes etc, but then these guys turned up and I tried my best to make the most of it.

I had another look at your walk video, and I think I get understand what you mean about the "reveal".

Lots to learn!
2017-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GSI_IRE Posted at 2017-4-19 04:27
Hi hallmark007,

Safe to say you were more than trying Thanks for the tips.

You should also try litchi app works great, cost €20, you can do all your planing from home, it's really very simple to set up.
2017-4-19
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ireland, I am assuming?  I love Ireland and you can get some really awesome footage over there.
I agree w/ hallmark007.  Also, have a story in mind of what you want to tell to your audience.  Filiming while yawing is SO hard because you think you are going slow but then see the video and notice that its still too fast.  Overall like the video, I like how you speed up the video in some places then normal speed, then slower to get them coming down the water.  Tripod mode is your friend for sure, slow camera moves, practice, practice, practice.
2017-4-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Also watch your exposure.  It was pretty bright.  Fun to watch them practicing anyway.  Gimbal movements were jerky and appeared mis-aimed, stopping with the subjects on the edge of the frame.  Keep working on it.  It comes slow - slower for some (me).  
2017-4-19
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.4
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-19 04:40
You should also try litchi app works great, cost €20, you can do all your planing from home, it's really very simple to set up.

Yeah, was thinking I might give it a try alright.

Just posting another short video, further down the river.

@ProQuad - Indeed it is Ireland.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules