Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flex Cable Splitting behind the camera on P4P.
1002 8 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Flex Cable is Splitting a little bit, behind the camera on my Phantom 4 Pro. What, if anything, should I do? People on Facebook are saying that if moisture gets in there it could have an electrical short, could even melt and damage the gimbal or the camera. Many people appear to have noticed this same problem. It is right behind the camera where the cable is glued to the gimbal arm. Can some type of tape or glue fix this? Should I just ignore it? Should P4Ps with this problem be recalled and fixed by DJI? DJI, your thoughts on this matter would be much appreciated. I don't really want to send-back the best functioning DJI aircraft I have ever owned! Hoping there is a simple fix that DJI will suggest and endorse.

2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a picture to see the extent of the issue?
2017-4-19
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you mean something along these lines? I have this on my P4.

2017-4-19
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I really can't see much of what your image is showing, but it doesn't really look the same. I have like two layers that were either glued or laminated together, that are separating. Hopefully this image will show, it is very difficult to post an image here!  .html
2017-4-19
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

This link will take you to an image that shows it well https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... 538080821507&type=3 (https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... 538080821507&type=3)  You may have to be logged into facebook and you may have to be joined in the group "DJI Phantom 4, P4 Advanced and P4 PRO Owners Support Group"
2017-4-19
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't have Facebook, but what you describe sounds somewhat similar. In one corner the outermost layer is "bowing" out a tiny bit on mine - it is slightly separated from the rest of the cable. It's in awkward place so it's hard to get an actual picture with my crappy cell phone camera.
2017-4-19
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-4-19 10:09
I don't have Facebook, but what you describe sounds somewhat similar. In one corner the outermost layer is "bowing" out a tiny bit on mine - it is slightly separated from the rest of the cable. It's in awkward place so it's hard to get an actual picture with my crappy cell phone camera.

That describes it perfectly, you have what I have. The Facebook discussion seems to have concluded this is nothing to worry about and doesn't cause problems, so I feel a little better about it now.
2017-4-20
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2017-4-20 06:22
That describes it perfectly, you have what I have. The Facebook discussion seems to have concluded this is nothing to worry about and doesn't cause problems, so I feel a little better about it now.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be causing any problems for me. My one concern is that something could get caught up in it and pull it apart further. Pretty small chance though, it's only separated a little bit.
2017-4-20
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-4-20 08:19
Yeah, it doesn't seem to be causing any problems for me. My one concern is that something could get caught up in it and pull it apart further. Pretty small chance though, it's only separated a little bit.

Yes, the chances of that are very small, since it is nestled right behind the camera.
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules