How to downgrade the DJIGO4 app?
2985 23 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

My first Mavic (a month ago flew like a dream I saw from some Casey video lol). But since I've updated my andriod S5 keeps crashing and there isn't any sign or anything that it will change. But when I had the Mavic 3 updates ago. I never had any of these problems. I've downgraded the Mavic already, But I'm still have a lot of problems with crashes and disconnects. I never thought in a month (3 updates) DJI could mess up the andriod side of things. At this point I just want to go back to the way things were a month ago. Doesn't anyone know where I can find the old apk of the DJI Go 4 App?
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

IOS ALL THE WAY???
2017-4-19
Use props
top gun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41713 ft
United Kingdom

Have a look at apkpure.com and search for dji go 4 Theres a few older version available to download I havent tested any of these so its at your own risk
2017-4-19
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

I'm so tired of people thinking this what people should do. Like money grows on trees smh.
2017-4-19
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

top gun Posted at 2017-4-19 12:34
Have a look at apkpure.com and search for dji go 4 Theres a few older version available to download I havent tested any of these so its at your own risk

Thank you! I just want to downgrade my phone and mavic and basically everything to the way it was before. Thanks
2017-4-19
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-19 13:27
I'm so tired of people thinking this what people should do. Like money grows on trees smh.

No they just grow from trees. A used iPhone or iPad and that expensive. You cant complain about money when you have a $1000 toy or camera.
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-19 13:27

Really, hmmmmmm... so what do you call all those trees around in the back with all the greens on them???

Just kidding...

But keep in mind if something happened to your drone and it was NOT updated you will lose your warranty and it will cost you more money then buying a used IOS.

Just saying!
2017-4-19
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-19 13:31
Really, hmmmmmm... so what do you call all those trees around in the back with all the greens on them???

Just kidding...

Actually you don't lose your warranty. It goes the other way too.  DJI updates something and changes it.  Your app keeps crashing.  And crashes into a building or something. You do know dji is going to blame you.....

I love you people who just say buy apple. What a joke.  More scary that people support this treatment.  
2017-4-20
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

By the way I got really laugh at this.  DJI markets to both sides.  Even have list of approved phones. And you got apole people saying switch your phone lol.
2017-4-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-20 04:06
Actually you don't lose your warranty. It goes the other way too.  DJI updates something and changes it.  Your app keeps crashing.  And crashes into a building or something. You do know dji is going to blame you.....

I love you people who just say buy apple. What a joke.  More scary that people support this treatment.

Yes you do... If it is their mistake the flight log will prove it and you are in the clear but if you did NOT upgrade YES you will loos your case because it was confirmed by DJI admin time and time again in this forum... But hey this is America you can do what ever you wish to do and you can say whatever you want to say EXCEPT

"Hey Donald, CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL... MAN!!!"  
2017-4-20
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-20 06:42
Yes you do... If it is their mistake the flight log will prove it and you are in the clear but if you did NOT upgrade YES you will loos your case because it was confirmed by DJI admin time and time again in this forum... But hey this is America you can do what ever you wish to do and you can say whatever you want to say EXCEPT

No... Let me explain a situation that was happening but there were blaming the pilot. Great example would be landing mode. After I think .400. They updated landing mode so you couldn't break it by throttling up. So you have users who been using the mavic for about 5 months knowing they can break out of the landing mode. And then change it on them without putting it in the notes. What do you think happens?... People start landing their drones in water lol. Who does DJI blame? The pilot. I've seen other pilots in here defend this lol. When you watch the logs. All you see is that the user was throttling down. Yup DJI is going to blame the pilot. But actually DJI changed the landing mode from breaking. You couldn't even stop by using the pause button. The only work around a user found was using the sports mode switch to stop. And I don't care what side your on. That is super dangerous.

I hate politics. But that was pretty funny lol.

One of the reason why I don't understand this Apple vs Android. I brought the Mavic (2 of them now lol). One of the main reason I got it was because the portable factor. I could literally carry my phone, drone, and it's RC. Quick launch any where. Post to Facebook from my phone.
2017-4-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-20 07:10
No... Let me explain a situation that was happening but there were blaming the pilot. Great example would be landing mode. After I think .400. They updated landing mode so you couldn't break it by throttling up. So you have users who been using the mavic for about 5 months knowing they can break out of the landing mode. And then change it on them without putting it in the notes. What do you think happens?... People start landing their drones in water lol. Who does DJI blame? The pilot. I've seen other pilots in here defend this lol. When you watch the logs. All you see is that the user was throttling down. Yup DJI is going to blame the pilot. But actually DJI changed the landing mode from breaking. You couldn't even stop by using the pause button. The only work around a user found was using the sports mode switch to stop. And I don't care what side your on. That is super dangerous.

I hate politics. But that was pretty funny lol.

I am with you... but I never had any of those issues. Maybe am lucky... but I can only point to the fact when you want to go against any corporations you have to cover your basis the same way they do with those small prints SO YOU CAN BEAT THEM IN THEIR OWN GAMES.

I am not saying right but that is how the games is played!!!

P.S. Am NOT into politics either but I could not resist...  
2017-4-20
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

DJI assistant 2 and downgrade to v.4.
2017-4-20
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

Ah, sorry. I thought you meant the firmware.
2017-4-20
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Belgium

Really DJI programming is monkey programming. I will keep saying this.  All the time things get more screwed up on a random basis. Besides the mentioned changes in the release notes they also sneakily push other stuff in and we end up beta-testing. I thought that flying drones shall be fun and not worry about what evil the next FW will bring. I stopped updating a while ago, before powering on anything all go into offline mode so nothing can complain that FW needs update. Also no risk it will fall out of the sky cause of forced updates. If something works, stick with it.
And indeed, why having to buy another interface/ switch to this other OS while the current one should be working?
2017-4-20
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-20 16:11
Is this a joke?
The OP came here looking for a fix for android and this is the response you post?
I think you should stop trying to "help" people and go get a life.

Oh Wowwww... Soooo you are the ONE they have been talking about...The official Android POLICE???  

Not be BLUNT BLUNT....    ...  BLUNT BLUNT

Straight forward is the best help...If it doesn't work why would someone want to keep banging their {:4_177:}

If you really do care about someone and you want to help them, you should give them some TOUGH LOVE. So the best advice you can give someone you really care about, and admire and love is honesty, tenderness and some IOS and definitely no BLUNT BLUNT...

THIS IS THE MEANING OF LIFE... You should try it sometimes... BLUNT BLUNT... {:4_181:}

2017-4-20
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

2017-4-20
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

Now. now..... kids... Lets just all get along here.

This isn't a apple vs Android war.  
2017-4-21
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-21 13:48
Now. now..... kids... Lets just all get along here.

This isn't a apple vs Android war.

Or is it? Like atari vs commodore. Commodore had the slowest dis(c)k drives in the history of disk drives, but I remember going to a friends house as a kid and he roid raged when told him it sucked. People fall in love with stuff!
2017-4-21
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-4-20 06:42

Ah Nah even DJI tell you to downgrade if you are having problems so go Figure .
2017-4-21
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bintryin Posted at 2017-4-21 15:17
Ah Nah even DJI tell you to downgrade if you are having problems so go Figure .

Oh yes...So now you have it in writing that they asked to you to.
So you are in the clear in BLACK AND WHITE. Again you have to play their games to protect yourself!
2017-4-21
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-20 18:34
Instead of forking out huge cash for IOS device WHICH is junk also for the Mavic and having disconnection problems as well, better to sell junk Mavic and and buy a drone that actually works as intended and advertised,
You can try to laugh your way out of offering pathetic advice to someone seeking help with Android problems, but you appear like a company shill with your weak and meaningless offerings of "help"
Do i need to repeat it?

BLUNT BLUNT  or I should call you "Bent Kangaroo"  

You keep getting BANNED from this forum because of your childish name calling, complaining, nagging, crying about how your MP doesn't work... {:4_157:} and then you come back again with the same BLUNT BLUNT BLUNT....

Then you verbally abuse the MAVIC by calling the nice beautiful little bird "JUNK MAVIC"  .

Last time I told you I will buy the MAVIC from you and I will give him to someone who will really enjoy flying it , care for it and treat it WITH RESPECT.

So again, I am offering you full price for your JUNK MAVIC and I will even throw in free classes of  ANGER MANAGEMENT... So you can live a very happy and peaceful rest of your life with your Joeyeees back in the OUTBACK!!!

Deal or NO Deal???    TIME IS RUNNING OUT... TIC TAC TIC TAC...

2017-4-21
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules