Geotag with onboard log
5782 8 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAVServices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 756178 ft
Canada

Hi can someone please provide a link as to how we are meant to use the onboard log generated by the A3 controller to geo-tag photos when using third party cameras?
We have PWM set up and it is triggering the camera well.

However I belive the new firmware for A3 is logging the geotag information onboard so we just have to download the log file and parse it for the GPS information.

So is there a utility set up to do this already? or do we have to convert the file to ASCII etc and tag it ourselves?

Thanks

2017-4-19
Use props
UAVServices
lvl.2
Flight distance : 756178 ft
Canada

solution here

2017-4-19
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

This is immensely helpful! Thanks for this.
2017-4-23
Use props
fansc9783840
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19049 ft
Mexico

Hello, can you someone explain me how to geo-tag the photos? I'll appreciate it a lot.
2017-4-25
Use props
TAfirehawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315938 ft
United States

Geotag is a multi-step process with lots of pieces but in the end not difficult.  I spent weeks to figure this out last year for my M600 setup.

1. use a service like Airdata UAV to sync flight logs to be able to export CSV
2. convert CSV to GPX file like in GPS Visualizer
3. use a geotag program like GeoSetter to match GPX to pics
2017-5-8
Use props
TAfirehawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 315938 ft
United States

BTW, this has been available since the launch of the M600/A3....
2017-5-8
Use props
BvdM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233950 ft
Netherlands

Does someone know whether the A3 FC stores similar flight logs when operated using DJI GS Pro rather than the GO App?
2017-6-8
Use props
monkeyshines
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone on here know of a way to record the camera's attitude (yaw, pitch, roll) at the time of shutter release, using the Ronin-MX log as proxy? I guess the gimbal wouldn't have shutter release (PWM) info ...

Thanks!
ms
2018-3-5
Use props
Sasi
lvl.1
India

I will be getting extra geo co ordinates during automission. Especially while doing photogrammetry using DJI GS Pro.

I have given shutter interval as 2 secs. My camera's minimum shutter speed is 1 sec. At the time of sorties N3 flight controller logging extra geo co-ordinates in the log file.
2019-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules