1234Next >
11990 121 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

I have had ZERO issues on iOS and when I say zero I mean the app has never crashed or disconnected for me, EVER.

OP uses device that isn't supported by DJI... Then complains and blames DJI when said device doesnt work....

Some of you people crack me up!
2017-4-23
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Fractures Posted at 2017-4-23 08:47
I have had ZERO issues on iOS and when I say zero I mean the app has never crashed or disconnected for me, EVER.

OP uses device that isn't supported by DJI... Then complains and blames DJI when said device doesnt work....

I never had issues too. But since the last update of DJI Go 4 (Android) something went wrong. Many people are complaining about the stability even with supported devices.
2017-4-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Oien Posted at 2017-4-23 07:41
Today I saw a video on youtube where a guy had some issues with the app going black, and he turned off the video caching and the trouble went away. I tried that today, and the app worked fine. Emptied two batteries without a single glitch… I have also ordered a new cable just in case...

How much free space do you have on your phone? If you don't have much left after the caching allocation, the phone's likely to behave unexpectedly.
2017-4-23
Use props
marktmaxwell
New
United States

For-what-its-worth: my S6 running 6.0.1 works very well.  I tried a Amazon Fire HD tablet (side loaded DJI Go 4) and it froze on the first and only try; sure am glad RTH works.
2017-4-23
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I didn't even attempt to use my phone. Not sure if would work or not but didn't want to chance it. I use a SONY Experia tablet. It uses android and so far I haven't had a problem. I like having the bigger screen also.
2017-4-23
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Add SamSung Galaxy S8 to the list.  Although I only had 1 crash in 3 batteries before flying my 4th battery and watching the DJI Go 4 app have a hard crash.  On re-boot of the app, it started just in time to watch my Mavic Pro land in the Gulf of Mexico.  Before that, I had severe crash problems with my HTC One M8 running Android 6.0 and much more stable, though, still random crashes on Android 5.0 using HTC One M7.  I never encountered these issues with my Phantom 4 on DJI Go app.  I loved the Mavic for the brief time I got to fly it, maybe, 20 flights....  However, since the first flight I was always distrustful of it because of the app crashes and total loss of vision.  I did not expect it to cause a complete loss of aircraft.
2017-4-23
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-4-23 22:44
Add SamSung Galaxy S8 to the list.  Although I only had 1 crash in 3 batteries before flying my 4th battery and watching the DJI Go 4 app have a hard crash.  On re-boot of the app, it started just in time to watch my Mavic Pro land in the Gulf of Mexico.  Before that, I had severe crash problems with my HTC One M8 running Android 6.0 and much more stable, though, still random crashes on Android 5.0 using HTC One M7.  I never encountered these issues with my Phantom 4 on DJI Go app.  I loved the Mavic for the brief time I got to fly it, maybe, 20 flights....  However, since the first flight I was always distrustful of it because of the app crashes and total loss of vision.  I did not expect it to cause a complete loss of aircraft.

I doubt that the crash of the app caused the loss of your aircraft. I guess you had a connection issue between drone and RC. As a result of that the app crashed (I had this many times and could easily reproduce with a nearby wifi that disturbed the connection and the caused the app to crash). If you had set the Mavic to "Land on disconnect", this would explain everything.
2017-4-23
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-4-23 23:08
I doubt that the crash of the app caused the loss of your aircraft. I guess you had a connection issue between drone and RC. As a result of that the app crashed (I had this many times and could easily reproduce with a nearby wifi that disturbed the connection and the caused the app to crash). If you had set the Mavic to "Land on disconnect", this would explain everything.

No, I have some experience flying over water and am very meticulous with the settings.  It was set to return home on loss of connection, but, I never lost the connection on the RC,, just the DJI GO 4 app.  When the app restarted the "NFZ error" appeared on the screen and "Auto Land" was initiated.  Before the DJI GO 4 app had went through all its boot-up the Mavic was in the ocean.  All recent firmware, all within range of RC and no interference.  Operation was all captured on video via the "FaceBook Live Stream" feature.  Samsung S8 running latest Android 7.0.   Will be uploading flight logs today.
2017-4-24
Use props
flyingNando
lvl.1

South Africa

Fractures Posted at 2017-4-23 08:47

your comment holds no water

as self have a device that is listed, and have plenty of app issues, as listed above
over and beyond that, soon after starting flying, it disconects

app is junk, and needs to be sorted out

2017-4-24
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
United States

flyingNando Posted at 2017-4-24 10:42
your comment holds no water

as self have a device that is listed, and have plenty of app issues, as listed above

Have you tried using a device that doesn't have a bunch of junk on it. For example.. apps running in the background?

I also briefly used a Samsung S6 with absolutely no issues but both my android device and ios device were factory restored before use and are only used for DJI app and flying so theres not a lot of crap running when my drones in the air. Try it and see how it works for you because its obviously not the app when MANY people are having ZERO issues.
2017-4-24
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-4-24 08:55
No, I have some experience flying over water and am very meticulous with the settings.  It was set to return home on loss of connection, but, I never lost the connection on the RC,, just the DJI GO 4 app.  When the app restarted the "NFZ error" appeared on the screen and "Auto Land" was initiated.  Before the DJI GO 4 app had went through all its boot-up the Mavic was in the ocean.  All recent firmware, all within range of RC and no interference.  Operation was all captured on video via the "FaceBook Live Stream" feature.  Samsung S8 running latest Android 7.0.   Will be uploading flight logs today.

Were you in a NFZ or was this warning a false alert. If you were in a NFZ it probably forced the AC to land, the GPS is in the AC so the app shouldnt have anything to do with NFZ other than relaying the alert
2017-4-24
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-4-24 08:55

This post scares me as I have also seen the NFZ before the app figures out where it is.
2017-4-24
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fractures Posted at 2017-4-24 10:57
Were you in a NFZ or was this warning a false alert. If you were in a NFZ it probably forced the AC to land, the GPS is in the AC so the app shouldnt have anything to do with NFZ other than relaying the alert

Fractures, I was not in a NFZ Zone.  I started and recorded the whole launch & flight by streaming it on FaceBook Live.  You can watch the video here.... at the moment the video ends, the DJI GO 4 app crashed.  On restart of the app, the Mavic reconnects and after I finally get the "pop-up" for configure the "Fixed Wing" feature to go away, the screen is telling me I'm in a NFZ zone and auto landing... I have no control on the left stick or pause... its a complete panic moment as DJI Go 4 app is trying to boot-up and I watch my Mavic land in the ocean.  As for the "NFZ error"... it does this every time I start the Mavic and connect since firmware upgrade.  In this instance, my Mavic Pro was in the air instead of on the ground while the system booted up.  https://www.facebook.com/bengalboy/videos/10213034589162792/?l=4377289533212221472
2017-4-24
Use props
flyingNando
lvl.1

South Africa

Fractures Posted at 2017-4-24 10:49
Have you tried using a device that doesn't have a bunch of junk on it. For example.. apps running in the background?

I also briefly used a Samsung S6 with absolutely no issues but both my android device and ios device were factory restored before use and are only used for DJI app and flying so theres not a lot of crap running when my drones in the air. Try it and see how it works for you because its obviously not the app when MANY people are having ZERO issues.

have closed all apps running in the backround, and even tried restarting the phone
have as per advice of DJI, even uninstalled and the installed again the app, only the usual, emails, whatsapp, weather facebook twiter . . . . that sort of stuff
have cleared the cashe
my phone has no games or any unathorised apps on it as it

have not tried the flight mode as sugested here yet
and to keep this device just for the drone, and get a new device and take the risk that that action does not solve the issue, will be an expensive exersise without knowing if it will work or not for sure

such a pity as the mavic is great, flys well, takes amazing footage
just the app issues are a real pain, that make it difficult to see
2017-4-24
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-4-24 11:23
Fractures, I was not in a NFZ Zone.  I started and recorded the whole launch & flight by streaming it on FaceBook Live.  You can watch the video here.... at the moment the video ends, the DJI GO 4 app crashed.  On restart of the app, the Mavic reconnects and after I finally get the "pop-up" for configure the "Fixed Wing" feature to go away, the screen is telling me I'm in a NFZ zone and auto landing... I have no control on the left stick or pause... its a complete panic moment as DJI Go 4 app is trying to boot-up and I watch my Mavic land in the ocean.  As for the "NFZ error"... it does this every time I start the Mavic and connect since firmware upgrade.  In this instance, my Mavic Pro was in the air instead of on the ground while the system booted up.  https://www.facebook.com/bengalboy/videos/10213034589162792/?l=4377289533212221472

This.  Mine tells me I am in a no-fly zone every time I boot up the app too and GPS is active on the drone but the app hasn't established GPS communication yet with the drone.  And...  It says I can't take off which means the same scenario would happen to me if I fly over water.

The mods need to take this back to engineering.  This is a critical flaw.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oien Posted at 2017-4-23 07:38
I have tried both ports with the same result. But today I saw a video on youtube where a guy had some issues with the app going black, and he turned off the video caching and the trouble went away. I tried that today, and the app worked fine. Emptied two batteries (video caching off) without a single glitch…

Glad you got it working, it sounds like your phone may be close to it's memory capacity.
2017-4-24
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-24 11:56
Glad you got it working, it sounds like your phone may be close to it's memory capacity.

Hey Ken,

I deleted and reformatted my phone. With a ton of space and it still was having trouble. The only thing that seem to work was downgrading everything.
2017-4-24
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-24 11:34
This.  Mine tells me I am in a no-fly zone every time I boot up the app too and GPS is active on the drone but the app hasn't established GPS communication yet with the drone.  And...  It says I can't take off which means the same scenario would happen to me if I fly over water.

The mods need to take this back to engineering.  This is a critical flaw.

downgrade to .400... In my opinion its the most recent stable release. I had problems with .550 and .600
2017-4-24
Use props
Carnage808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21893 ft
United States

Zero crashes so far with a Motorola X Pure (Android 6.0) and a Samsung S7 (Andoid 7.0)   Around 10 flights.
2017-4-25
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-24 12:17
Hey Ken,

I deleted and reformatted my phone. With a ton of space and it still was having trouble. The only thing that seem to work was downgrading everything.

Same here. My phone is completely empty, because I only use it for flying my mavic pro. Nothing installed, only DJI Go 4.

I have discovered a strange behavior. If my smartphone is connected to my home WiFi, I don't have any trouble or crashes. But if I go outside, the app strats hanging and crashing all the time. No matter if my phone is connected to cellular-network, connected to my other smartphone via WiFi or even in airplane-mode if all radio-connections off. I don't get the current app (4.0.6 & 4.0.7) working outside.

I will try to turn off the video-cache and test it again, if it works it would be fine. But this should be investigated by DJI, because 4.0.5 was running pretty well - this app never crashed or lost it's connection.  4.0.7. is a little better than 4.0.6 so I guess there is something DJI can do to fix this for these many unsatisfied users.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-24 12:17
Hey Ken,

If using one of the recommended devices then updating the app should be fine.
Is the Mavic on the latest firmware?
What device and version is it on?
What is your DJI account email?
I'll forward to R&D so they can check it out.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-25 01:01
Same here. My phone is completely empty, because I only use it for flying my mavic pro. Nothing installed, only DJI Go 4.

I have discovered a strange behavior. If my smartphone is connected to my home WiFi, I don't have any trouble or crashes. But if I go outside, the app strats hanging and crashing all the time. No matter if my phone is connected to cellular-network, connected to my other smartphone via WiFi or even in airplane-mode if all radio-connections off. I don't get the current app (4.0.6 & 4.0.7) working outside.

What is your DJI account email?
I'll forward to R&D so they can check it out.
2017-4-25
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-25 06:08

Hi Ken, thanks for your reply - I just contacted the chat support. They gave me some points I have to try to get this fixed.

1.) My Mavic is on FW .0550 because the update always stucks at 57% while using DJI Assistant 2 - same with the app, but at 74%. Chat-Support said this could be fixed by formatting my SD-Card - will try this later today.

2.) Primary I use a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. But I have tried DJI Go 4.0.6 and 4.0.7 on a friends OnePlus 3T, Google Pixel and of course a Samsung Galaxy S7 (which is on your supported devices list!). Every device causes the same problems but in different variations.

3.) I don't want to post my DJI account mail public - can't you get it from my profile?

I will write my progress if I get this to work but I need a few days for a test-flight - currently it's very rainy here in Germany :-(
2017-4-25
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-25 06:10

I have been using a Galaxy S5 (It worked with no problems)
After I updated everything. I notice all these problems (lagging very badly). The screen was behind by a few seconds.
email is PMed you

Thank You

My last 3 flights have been on a iPhone 6 PLUS. I don't want RD to get confused. Everything before that was on the phone listed above.
2017-4-25
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-25 01:01

Nice find! Hopefully that gives them some steeping stones.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-4-25 07:20
Hi Ken, thanks for your reply - I just contacted the chat support. They gave me some points I have to try to get this fixed.

1.) My Mavic is on FW .0550 because the update always stucks at 57% while using DJI Assistant 2 - same with the app, but at 74%. Chat-Support said this could be fixed by formatting my SD-Card - will try this later today.

Ok let me know how it goes.
I cannot get your email, you can PM it to me.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-25 07:42
I have been using a Galaxy S5 (It worked with no problems)
After I updated everything. I notice all these problems (lagging very badly). The screen was behind by a few seconds.
email is PMed you

Is the S5 on the latest version?
2017-4-25
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-25 09:30

Lastest Version?.... I wasn't aware that there were different versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5.

But what doesn't add up is that it was working fine in Feb with my first Mavic. It was working fine with the second Mavic I got. I updated it that night. And then all the problems started happening the next day.

I'm checking right now on the which version I have.
2017-4-25
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-25 09:30

Yes the S5 is on the latest version 6.0.1.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-25 12:43
Yes the S5 is on the latest version 6.0.1.

Ok, I've sent a message inquiring about it.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-4-25 12:27
Lastest Version?.... I wasn't aware that there were different versions of the Samsung Galaxy S5.

But what doesn't add up is that it was working fine in Feb with my first Mavic. It was working fine with the second Mavic I got. I updated it that night. And then all the problems started happening the next day.

Sorry, I meant what Android version.
2017-4-25
Use props
Steave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1528415 ft
Belgium

Hi I'm new here but can already talk along with this problem.

I had the same problem with the app, the first flights were no problem but after a few flights the app started to crash.
I use a samsung galaxy S7 phone and the DJI GO 4 app.
The error message that was displayed mentioned something about "disconnected".
Fiddling with the DJI usb cable didn't help so I started to use a classic usb cable that came with the samsung phone.

To me this solved the problem, only the usb cable that protrudes is not really convenient.
Maybe this cheap solution can help other people.
2017-4-25
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

I think video caching is a big problem with this and recording sound as well.  The phone works fine but as more and more video is recorded in cache on phone it starts to freeze and then becomes unstable.  It seems like a memory leak when caching video locally and then the phone is struggling to keep up.  S7 Edge was working fine until latest update, now it is a mess.
2017-4-25
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
United States

Same problem on my Nexus 6p, running stock Android 7.1.2. this app is worthless and useless. Dji has garbage app coders..
2017-4-25
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
United States

rsands Posted at 2017-4-25 18:47
I think video caching is a big problem with this and recording sound as well.  The phone works fine but as more and more video is recorded in cache on phone it starts to freeze and then becomes unstable.  It seems like a memory leak when caching video locally and then the phone is struggling to keep up.  S7 Edge was working fine until latest update, now it is a mess.

Nice!! Might be the problem.
2017-4-26
Use props
NatasataN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100574 ft
Canada

I had the same problem for a while untill I reinstalled the little square plastic slider/holder that holds the usb wire into the controller. It was actually upside down and prevented the phone to have a good connection to the remote.

I'm sure that's what most people's problem is with the disconnect issues. The square plastic usb slider is upside down.  
2017-4-26
Use props
fans8950102a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 972884 ft
Portugal

I use an iphone 7 plus and experience the same as you: 1st Mavic using default micro usbb/lighting cable working ramdomly, using a USB cable from apple not working as well. All the time working randomly, connecting and disconnecting. Tried the micro sd card fix, nothing worked so I sent it back to DJI in Holland in order to be fixed. It come back after 3 weeks more or less, same disconnecting problem appearing randomly and it brought many more problems including "gimbal motor overloaded" and fixed wing mode not working, as well as drifting (before I sent it only hd disconnecting issues. Ok the second Mavic, again disconnecting issues with the default micro usb/lightning cable appearing randomly. Tried everything I could find like checking the micro sd card, IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, etc etc nothing worked. But using a default usb/lightning from apple seems to be working, so far. It has however other issues like drifting while hovering and moving forward and on active track mode instead of describing a circle while following you it flies in a ellipse going really far away and turning back so far it looses the subject. This happens frequetly, only time to time it works as it should - or at least they say it should on Mavics´s official documentations. Aw and the fixed wing mode still not working. At this moment I've been flying it using the mentioned apple's usb cabble, but I do not trust the mavic pro, simply because I willl never know when it will fail again.I paid mor or less 1500€ for the fly more combo. For this amount of money it should fly out of the box as they say it should, at least. And I know things just go wrong time to time but to have a repair service that actually causes more damage to your device than it was before you send it is something really unbeliveable!!!
2017-4-26
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Geez {:4_169:} You know, my wife does vlogs and journals with the osmo mobile and she kept having issues where the video being recorded would stop for no reason. So she would go on for like 15 minutes, making what she makes for youtube and only the first minute is recorded! So I downgraded the latest go app to the one back in december, blocked the updates. No problems after. It tracks and everything. The newer code basically turns a awesome device to trash. I don't know why they don't hire help as big as they are. I bet there's a lot to hide!
2017-4-26
Use props
fans8950102a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 972884 ft
Portugal

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-26 16:47
Geez  You know, my wife does vlogs and journals with the osmo mobile and she kept having issues where the video being recorded would stop for no reason. So she would go on for like 15 minutes, making what she makes for youtube and only the first minute is recorded! So I downgraded the latest go app to the one back in december, blocked the updates. No problems after. It tracks and everything. The newer code basically turns a awesome device to trash. I don't know why they don't hire help as big as they are. I bet there's a lot to hide!

I also own a osmo mobile and I also have issues with it. I use it mainly with my iPhone 7 plus and the video gets bobbing and jello. It only works fine if I'm standing. But why to use a gimbal while standing since the iphone's stabiliser works so well? Anyway they claim the problem of the osmo mobile is exactly because of iphone's 7 plus image stabiliser not being able to be turned off (apps like filmic pro and procam offer that chance but some say its not possible since its something physical on the iphone and not a software thing)). Anyway I also use my iphone 5s, and guess what the problems are still there!!! Its really frustrating after spending so much money on their products to realise everything has so many issues (well I also own a phantom 3 pro, but I will leave it for other post lol). I am not sure if in what concerns DJI products I am really unlucky or if DJI doesn't really knows how to deal with their products quality control before releasing. At the end its us, their customers, who end up frustrated...
2017-4-26
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

Samsung Galaxy S8 is also crashing about every 15 minutes or so. Day 2 of having my replacement mavic and this is what we get.  Didn't have this issue on my first magic with 4.04.
2017-4-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules