Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I'm done with Mavic and DJI Go for Android - crashes and disconnects
1234Next >
11974 121 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscec7daac
lvl.1

United States

I wish DJI would release a Yuneec style controller. I've got a Yuneec Typhoon H and Q500 in addition to the Mavic. It is so much better to have an all in one controller than using a phone or tablet.
2017-4-26
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

Come on DJI, what is happening with this Android app.....
2017-4-26
Use props
fans649ac432
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1490 ft
Brazil

I had these problems being reported. I completely lost control of Mavic. He left for about fifteen hundred yards. After that I started to do on each flight the verification of the IMU and Compass even without the app asked.
But after my S7 phone was updated with the latest android version and the .600 update I came back to problems. I have not flown more and I hope something can be done by DJI. Sorry, I used translator to write here.
2017-4-26
Use props
Oien
lvl.1
Norway

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-23 14:51
How much free space do you have on your phone? If you don't have much left after the caching allocation, the phone's likely to behave unexpectedly.

I currently have 187,5 GB available, so I don’t see that as the problem. Video caching is max 16 GB… I will do some more flying today, and see how it works...  
2017-4-27
Use props
Oien
lvl.1
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-24 11:56
Glad you got it working, it sounds like your phone may be close to it's memory capacity.

I currently have 187,5 GB available, so I don’t see that as the problem. I will do some more flying today, and see how it works...  
2017-4-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Oien Posted at 2017-4-27 00:29
I currently have 187,5 GB available, so I don’t see that as the problem. Video caching is max 16 GB… I will do some more flying today, and see how it works...

Is that free space on the phone itself or does that include space on any memory card you might also have in the phone? I suspect caching has to be written to the phone's internal memory, so that's where the critical space consideration is.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oien Posted at 2017-4-27 00:30
I currently have 187,5 GB available, so I don’t see that as the problem. I will do some more flying today, and see how it works...

OK, let us know.
2017-4-27
Use props
GabrielHa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

I have had no issues with my S7 Edge and nVIDIA Shield but as soon as i tried on my wifes Iphone 6S it crashed after 5-6 minutes in the air.
My guess is that it has nothing to do with Android, its more to do with settings/ apps installed.  Both my Shield and S7 Edge is very clean with a few games and bank apps but nothing more than that.  I also always on Airplane mode and make sure the DJI GO 4 app is the only thing running.
2017-4-27
Use props
Grotto13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Sorry to hear of all these issues . I have metro pcs service , cheap Samsung s5  with the marshmallow 6.0 version with latest DJI software. No other apps . Just 4  talk, text , pics and flying . .I keep phone in airplane mode , with  , wifi and location on.  Haven't had any issues yet. Flown a bunch. Good luck all with issues. Hope they get worked out . Happy flying all !
2017-4-27
Use props
Rockhaulin1986
lvl.1

United States

On all of the fourms I've been on and read, 80% of Android users have issues with the app crashing for no reason. I have a pixel XL and got it before I got my mavic. I figured if it supports Android and Apple based phones and tablets then it shouldn't have a problem. It didn't have any issues until the first updates. Then the second and third. App keeps crashing no matter what your doing. On top of that. Dji made everybody who owned a mavic switch to the go4 app.. which in itself was garbage. So with the updates and having to switch to the go4 app the mavic is useless other than for about 5m of flying.
2017-4-27
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Rockhaulin1986 Posted at 2017-4-27 22:11
On all of the fourms I've been on and read, 80% of Android users have issues with the app crashing for no reason. I have a pixel XL and got it before I got my mavic. I figured if it supports Android and Apple based phones and tablets then it shouldn't have a problem. It didn't have any issues until the first updates. Then the second and third. App keeps crashing no matter what your doing. On top of that. Dji made everybody who owned a mavic switch to the go4 app.. which in itself was garbage. So with the updates and having to switch to the go4 app the mavic is useless other than for about 5m of flying.

The DJO Go 4 app managed to crash probably 30 times and had about 10 disconnects in the last 3 hours I used it. As there was no improvement since Dec 2016 wrt the stability of this app, I gave the Litchi app a try. I used Litchi for about 5-10 flights now and I did not have a single crash or disconnect with it. Maybe you want to give other apps a try too.
2017-4-28
Use props
1Acomputer
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Go 4.0.7 also crashes after a few minutes of flight on Samsung Galaxy S6 Android 7.0. Before with Android 6.0/6.1 it was ok.
2017-5-1
Use props
fans649ac432
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1490 ft
Brazil

I was flying calmly with my mavic when it seems to me that I lost the signal and the control. The mavic eventually crashed into a tree. Could someone help me to learn more about my problem? How do I know what might have happened?
2017-5-1
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-25 09:29
Ok let me know how it goes.
I cannot get your email, you can PM it to me.

I tried to upgrade my Mavics firmware a couple of times but got different errors on the same package, do you know what has gone wrong?

Got this from the log-files yesterday:

[19:51:58][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= UPGRADE FAILURE: upgrade prepare failure, ErrorCode: 245
[19:51:58][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= Time :  22.61 second
[19:51:58][DiagMsg             ] upgrade prepare failure, ErrorCode: 245
[19:51:58][UpgradeMgr          ]    Lb_dm3xx_sky(1) result false

I also got another failure message a few days ago:

[18:20:32][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= UPGRADE FAILURE: push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x020106
[18:20:32][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= Time : 701.96 second
[18:20:32][DiagMsg             ] push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x020106
[18:20:32][UpgradeMgr          ]    Lb_dm3xx_sky(1) result false

two different trys, two different errors but obviously the same package...

Tried DJI Go 4.0.7 Android in Airplane Mode and with disabled Video-Cache! -> no success - App shows "AC Disconnected" right after starting the motors. Have downgraded to 4.0.5 everything is fine again!
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-2 11:49
I tried to upgrade my Mavics firmware a couple of times but got different errors on the same package, do you know what has gone wrong?

What happens when you try to upgrade with Assistant2 ?
2017-5-2
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-2 14:53
What happens when you try to upgrade with Assistant2 ?

Same as before. Stuck at 57% then Mavic performs two reboots and DJI Assistant shows error 0x020106.

Last time I tried to upgrade via DJI Go App it stuck at 74% and after that I tried to finnish the upgrade via DJI Assistant 2 but this time it also got stuck at 74%. Then it reverts to .0550 and after that the upgrade to .0600 got stuck at 57% again.

I can not believe it is an hardware/software error, because all other firmware versions run well without any issues. Except that .0600 upgrade fails all the time. Btw I read many other drone forums and many other people have the exact same problems. It feels like you have a 50:50 chance that the upgrade is compatible to your Mavic.

I have also tried to reinstall DJI Assistant 2 and DJI Go App and even used some different usb-cables and SD-Cards with no success. Alwas stuck at exactly 57%.
2017-5-2
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

rsands Posted at 2017-4-25 18:47
I think video caching is a big problem with this and recording sound as well.  The phone works fine but as more and more video is recorded in cache on phone it starts to freeze and then becomes unstable.  It seems like a memory leak when caching video locally and then the phone is struggling to keep up.  S7 Edge was working fine until latest update, now it is a mess.

I also thought it is the video cache, but since 4.0.7 the app doesn't crash anymore. But it still doesn't work... Now the app looses connection to the aircraft (message "Aircraft Disconnected") immediatly after launching the propellers. As long as I stay on the ground the App seems to work...

Anyways, I will stick with 4.0.5 until every problem has been fixed.
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-2 15:16
Same as before. Stuck at 57% then Mavic performs two reboots and DJI Assistant shows error 0x020106.

Last time I tried to upgrade via DJI Go App it stuck at 74% and after that I tried to finnish the upgrade via DJI Assistant 2 but this time it also got stuck at 74%. Then it reverts to .0550 and after that the upgrade to .0600 got stuck at 57% again.

OK, I've reported your issue and will let you know.
2017-5-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-3 06:56
OK, I've reported your issue and will let you know.

I have tried something else:

longpress the 3-bars in DJI Go App and perform an Upgrade that way. I got to 79% and then it has failed - but my Mavic wanted to activate?! Can you check whether my Mavic is registered twice? Because this time I didn't enter the DJI Care Refresh Code. I hope I didn't broke something :-(
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-3 10:54
I have tried something else:

longpress the 3-bars in DJI Go App and perform an Upgrade that way. I got to 79% and then it has failed - but my Mavic wanted to activate?! Can you check whether my Mavic is registered twice? Because this time I didn't enter the DJI Care Refresh Code. I hope I didn't broke something :-(

Your Mavic should have been activated before a firmware update.
Can you post screenshots.
And activation of a new Mavic has nothing to do with Care Refresh.
2017-5-3
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-3 12:31
Your Mavic should have been activated before a firmware update.
Can you post screenshots.
And activation of a new Mavic has nothing to do with Care Refresh.

Yeah my Mavic was activated a couple of weeks ago. My flight time was around 4,5h until now. But yesterday it suddenly prompted me to activate it again. The App has shown the exact same dialogue as on the first launch. So I have activated it again. I don't know what has happened and sorry, I forgot to take some screenshots :-(
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-3 22:59
Yeah my Mavic was activated a couple of weeks ago. My flight time was around 4,5h until now. But yesterday it suddenly prompted me to activate it again. The App has shown the exact same dialogue as on the first launch. So I have activated it again. I don't know what has happened and sorry, I forgot to take some screenshots :-(

That is very strange, I've never heard of one being activated twice.
2017-5-4
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

Ok, so I downgraded my Nexus 6 to Android 6.0.1 and  now have zero problems with the app. I took it to the montians this weekend and flown few full batteries and used different modes. No frezzes or crashes.  At least yet.
I know, that not everybody have spare phones laying around to use it exclusevily for piloting, but if you have one it maybe worth trying to downgrade to Android 6.
2017-5-4
Use props
PolishPorsche
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38796 ft
United States

I flew two batteries yesterday, the android DJI Go 4 app running on my S7edge crashed 3 times................Never once has the Litchi app crashed..................Now my real concern is............how is this going to work with the goggles.................Do the goggles require the App to be running on the phone to work? Or can you leave the android phone at home and fly the mavic with just the goggles and RC?....................Last thing we need is android users flying using the goggles and then the app crashes, and the goggles go dark and then what?  

Concerned Pilot.........
2017-5-4
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-4 07:47
That is very strange, I've never heard of one being activated twice.

I have not seen this, too, until now :-P

Don't know what has happend. Maybe a network problem while getting the activation status? I have finnished the activation process and it seems to be okay. My only concern is that it lost my Care Refresh Status, too.
2017-5-7
Use props
astronautangel
New
Flight distance : 55466 ft
United Kingdom

I use a Note 4 which is on the list of supported devices. The app crashes so often I now fly with only the RC.

Will test with iphone 6 tonight and if it fails - returning this expensive toy.

2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-7 23:11
I have not seen this, too, until now :-P

Don't know what has happend. Maybe a network problem while getting the activation status? I have finnished the activation process and it seems to be okay. My only concern is that it lost my Care Refresh Status, too.

If you email djicare@dji.com they can straighten it out for you.
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

astronautangel Posted at 2017-5-8 05:14
I use a Note 4 which is on the list of supported devices. The app crashes so often I now fly with only the RC.

Will test with iphone 6 tonight and if it fails - returning this expensive toy.

On your unsupported device you have developer options and USB debugging enabled?
Also, make sure no other apps are running in the background and you phone has plenty of memory.
2017-5-8
Use props
Luc96
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
Jersey

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-19 11:42
You can't go by App store reviews, which IMHO are worthless for apps of any level of complexity, but it's clear from monitoring this forum that Android users are frustrated both by missing out of features iOS users get first and the inability to use their device of choice.

You can choose to roll the dice and try to use unsupported devices, but you shouldn't blame DJI if the device doesn't work for you.

I agree its not wise to use unsupported devices, however both my Galaxy S6 Edge and Galaxy S8 Plus have this exact issue. I didn't have the same problem on the old app (for my P3 Advanced) It must be something to do with the new app and both OS Marshmallow and OS Nougat.
2017-6-23
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

App on Apple isn't that great for iPad Air, no issues using iPhone 7 but have switched to iPad and every time I'm in the air at some point all the camera stats on the screen turn to N/A for a few minutes and then details come back, so it's not all sweet using apple either tbh.
2017-6-23
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

4.0.5 is the solution for me too.  I rolled back to that and no problems.

So those who say buy an Apple phone, or clear cache or you don't have enough memory or your phone is not on the approved list are all speaking BS.

This problem is squarely at the feet of DJI app developers.  They are the ones who need to go out and buy one of every phone available and make sure the app works.  DJI certainly has made enough money off Mavics for that to happen.

The problem is in the app writing, not the devices.
2017-6-23
Use props
jeffmossy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 798409 ft
United Kingdom

I was also having the same problems with my Samsung S6 , so I got a acer 7" tablet and it  has never disconnected since
2017-6-23
Use props
fansbfd5c290
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93337 ft
United States

Turned the video cache off and no more issues.
2017-6-25
Use props
Ferks
lvl.2
United States

Just for the heck of it, unplug the side cable and plug one into the front USB to your phone using a better cable, I heard the stock cables are not too good and can cause issues like you are seeing.
2017-6-25
Use props
fans3932fcbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26719 ft
United States

gkordowski Posted at 2017-4-19 12:13
You can buy "old" Nexus 2013 - very cheap on e-bay, it works very good for me (I've got similar disconnection problems with my phone) and it is on DJI list.

I'm running a Motorola Nexus 6, and the app performance is extremely laggy... Trying to take multiple bracketed exposures, by the 3rd set the app would become so unresponsive that if I pressed the shutter button it would take 5 or 6 seconds for the app to respond. This makes professional use impossible. I'm hoping it's not just the mavic.
2017-7-5
Use props
fansde02453e
New
Flight distance : 13809 ft
Italy

Good morning
I'm new to the forum
I also had problems with dji go 4
Then I,
off
With mavic turned off
Menu ...
Cache Locally Wen Recording OFF
Record Audio With Video Cache OFF
Now flying without problems
Probably weighs too much for phones.
I with honor 6 android 4.4
2017-7-5
Use props
fansde02453e
New
Flight distance : 13809 ft
Italy

Seen on youtube
2017-7-5
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

fans3932fcbb Posted at 2017-7-5 10:18
I'm running a Motorola Nexus 6, and the app performance is extremely laggy... Trying to take multiple bracketed exposures, by the 3rd set the app would become so unresponsive that if I pressed the shutter button it would take 5 or 6 seconds for the app to respond. This makes professional use impossible. I'm hoping it's not just the mavic.

It's not your mavic.  Whatever you do, don't send it back for this issue.
2017-7-5
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

I was lucky and noticed all the android issues when I bought the Mavic, I wasn't too pleased, but decided to fork out for a iPad mini 4, never had a glitch or failed firmware upgrade. I can see why folk are annoyed tho, after forking out $1000 only to find constant issues really ruins the fun factor.
2017-7-5
Use props
DickDrippy
New
United States

Car147 Posted at 2017-7-5 11:49
I was lucky and noticed all the android issues when I bought the Mavic, I wasn't too pleased, but decided to fork out for a iPad mini 4, never had a glitch or failed firmware upgrade. I can see why folk are annoyed tho, after forking out $1000 only to find constant issues really ruins the fun factor.

Yeah, it's pretty embarrassing pulling this thing out in front of a bunch people after telling them you spend $1200 on something  that won't connect because it has issues with android and have to ask who has an iphone.
2017-7-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules