Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with SSD
2993 11 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SerSigal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

Today I have bought the ProRes license for my i2. I followed the activation process with Assistant and everything went well.
Then I've turned on RC, aircraft and DJI GO 4, opened the video settings menu and selected 422HQ and tuned other settings.

Closed the video settings menu in the camera setting now appears SDD, 422HQ and the available space on the SSD (in CineLight the device is empty! I do not understand because it is 447GB and not 480GB  ...but this is not the problem now). Furthermore the sensitivity, as I've readed in another tread about last firmware 1.0.0330, is ISO500 for ProRes encoding.

I selected the video icon above the "record" button and a pop-up asked me if I wanted to record on the tablet because the SD Card is not available, accidentally I've confirmed. Result: now recorded on the tablet and not on the SSD.

Everything looks right but it seems that the SSD device does not exist. Can someone help me?

Setting ProRes...

ProRes setting

ProRes setting

Accidentally tapped ok...

Popup SD Card

Popup SD Card

Camera setting looks good...!(???)

Camera setting

Camera setting

2017-4-19
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congratulations on your I2 and ProRes license.

Have you tried formatting the SSD in the Inspire 2 using the GO4 App, down at the bottom of your first screenshot?

DJI locked the ISO for D-Log at 500 because that gives 18% gray and will allow the greatest latitude with highlights and shadows. Change the LOOKS setting from D-Log if you don't want the added dynamic range setting.

The error is about the H.264/H.265 recording into the micro SD card. You don't have the micro SD card inserted into the CineCore. Pop a micro SD Card in and the alert message will quit bothering you..
2017-4-19
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.4
Italy

Hi Daroga! Thanks for your help!
Yes, I've formatted the SSD with GO4 but, in my case, I think the solution is yours mention about H.264/H.265.
Unfortunatly I don't have the microSD. My i2 have been replaced by the Service Center in Holland few days ago and the micro SD have been forgotten on the old aircraft. I was thinking it wasn't necessary with the CINESSD on board, so I was waiting quietly to have the micro SD back but, if this is the issue, I'll buy another one as soon as possible. I can not wait to try this codec!
I'll be back for updates as soon as possible. Thanks again!
2017-4-19
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.4
Italy

Oh my G... drone! I did not imagine how complicated and time wasting it was to find, and buy, a supported micro SD! So I report here my experience for who, like me now, will look for a supported micro SD and will doesn't find it.
Well! After finding the i2 supported micros in the FAQ (https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info) I've searched on google ...without relevant results. What's wrong in my searches? I've sayd! So I look for the meaning of the acronimouses that distinguish them ...and I find this interesting informations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speeds Lucky man!
Now i can search for the appropriate microSD. ...Pay attention at the "Video Speed Class" (V30, V60 or V90) parameter, often not specified by the sellers proposing cheaper micro.

Now my problem is that I aven't finded the micros supported by i2 in my town, so I've buyed it on-line. Some days and I'll check my CINESSD/ProRes.
2017-4-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Go to a camera shop to get your micro SD card.
The SSD will not write without a microSD card. However, if that is full, it can still write provided your attached smart device has video cache available.
2017-4-20
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

SerSigal Posted at 2017-4-20 07:55
Oh my G... drone! I did not imagine how complicated and time wasting it was to find, and buy, a supported micro SD! So I report here my experience for who, like me now, will look for a supported micro SD and will doesn't find it.
Well! After finding the i2 supported micros in the FAQ (https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info) I've searched on google ...without relevant results. What's wrong in my searches? I've sayd! So I look for the meaning of the acronimouses that distinguish them ...and I find this interesting informations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speeds Lucky man!
Now i can search for the appropriate microSD. ...Pay attention at the "Video Speed Class" (V30, V60 or V90) parameter, often not specified by the sellers proposing cheaper micro.

Or

SanDisk Extreme Scheda di Memoria MicroSDHC da 64 GB e Adattatore SD, fino a 90 MB/s, Classe 10, V30 FFP

Samsung MB-MG64EA/EU Pro Memoria RAM da 64GB, Adattore SD

Samsung MB-MG128EA/EU Pro Memoria RAM da 128GB, Adattore SD
2017-4-20
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.4
Italy

Thank you Mike-the-cat! ...but... no traffic make me happy! I've bought a Samsung 32Gb from a german shop on-line and the micro will arrives in a couple of days.

Thank you too Daroga! Your proposals are welcome, but like just said, I've solved.
Just one thing about your post above: I really don't understand why the SD is necessary. It sounds like to buy a track with trailer and it don't run without the trailer. The only motivation I can think is that some data are stored in the SD, otherwise don't makes sense. But my way of thinking is wrong, despite my past experience as programmer says me that's odd enough. Don't worry, I'm just doing my programmatical considerations.
My thinking is that this strangeness could disappear in the future develope of the i2 (Dji are you listening?), or perhaps in the i3.
To much things of the i2 are yet mysterious for me. But in this case I embrace your thesis above, is the most reliable.
2017-4-20
Use props
Mike Yutkin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669715 ft
United States

SerSigal, I feel you. I was confused when I faced the same problem with i2. I was recording all day flying around the city and then I realized that I was recording with only SSD on board which means I wasn't recording at all (only on my tablet). Then I realized that only with MicroSD on board it's possible to write on SSD (DJI? really why?). I installed MicroSD card that was in i2 by default, reset camera settings and now I can record raw again, finally.. But Also I faced another problem now >>> http://forum.dji.com/thread-93608-1-1.html
2017-4-22
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.4
Italy

Thank you Mike! A further confirmation that the problem is the lack of the microSD.
Just arrived! ...now I have to find time to check out.
Like do you say: really why ...Dji?
2017-4-22
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.4
Italy

Checked! Everything works fine.

I've noticed that the videos stored on the CINESSD are also in the microSD, but in low resolution. This low-res video can not be opened in QuikTime and in VideoLAN they are shown badly. ...this on my MacBook Pro.
So, why to save the same videos another time and, furthermore, so unusable? Would not be better let it be an option? These are only more data to be processed by the system. Maybe in the future...? I hope.

Thanks to all who helped me.
2017-4-29
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
First Officer
Flight distance : 935135 ft
United States

The videos stored on the MicroSD are the same resolution (by default) but the bit rate is much lower. They are either in H.264 or H.265 where as the files on the SSD are in ProRes. If you want to see those files on a Mac (or any non-H.265 player) you will need to select H.264 on the right side of the options screen for videos in the Go app. Some people use the low bit rate videos for dailies or to give to people that don't want or can't support the ProRes files.
2017-4-29
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.4
Italy

Thanks for clarify Cobra.
I was not thinking about this option.
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now