Parachutes for DJI products
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans341ef4c3
New
Flight distance : 822792 ft
United Kingdom

I have been looking at various options of increasing safety and reducing the risk of damage to the expensive drones, like the Matrice series and my inspire two. As a U.K. CAA registered pilot, I'm looking at safety systems that can be incorporated to my >7kg rigs as mitigation to operate in congested areas and hopefully get better permissions to operate heavy lift drones whilst maintaining greater safety.

What I'm trying to say is. Does DJI have plans to develop technology to accessorise current systems or is it a case of incorporating 3rd party systems like Skycat (or other providers) to my drones.

What's DJIs position on this or endorsement on 3rd party systems.

Does anyone have advice or are currently using a parachute deployment system that works and is both easy and effective.

Andy
2017-4-19
Use props
Impulze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49774 ft
Sweden

They do have their own parachute (DJI Dropsafe) , works well with S1000 / A2. Easy to setup and use. Should be no problem using other systems as long as you can configure and deploy from your TX.
2017-4-19
Use props
Impulze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49774 ft
Sweden

They do have their own parachute (DJI Dropsafe) , works well with S1000 / A2. Easy to setup and use. Should be no problem using other systems as long as you can configure and deploy from your TX.
2017-4-19
Use props
E-Copter
lvl.2

France

Hi,

for using them sincea while, i recommend a pyrotechnical parachute ( much faster to deploy and better luck if machine is spinning..).
I use mainly Rebelspace or Galaxy parachutes, regarding Galaxy i donot recomment the cutoff system for the Esc's but i would recommend to use a main switch 200A from Jeti models for examplen all this coupled with a 869 MHZ remote ( or on the authorised frequencies in Canada).
One mportant thing is the attachment ofthe parachute on your frame: Parachute container can be a simple support, but the cords between parachute and machine must be strong and attached on stron g spots of your machine+ have an eventual safety cable ( metal) between machine and payload in case the payload support breakcs when the parachute deploys ( very intense instant pulling..).
If you doubt about the parachute systems, here is a link to a video i made a while ago with 7 meters of rope and parachute container pointing down at the moment i did depoy the parachute...
If you need any help, do not hesitate to contact me, i will share any useful information ( safety is a matter for all of us to ensure flight authorisations...)

and slow motion :

2017-4-19
Use props
djiuser_2hvoR1G
New

Israel

Well, a safety system with a parachute it is a great solution for expensive drones.Search for ParaZero, I ran into them at the last InterDrone. seems very professional
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules