Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji needs to make a beeping noise if you are getting to low
1000 11 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse0809442
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1198491 ft
Australia

I was flying my drone over the ocean with the map up instead of the camera and I was to distracted trying to get though all the wind going against me to realise that I was holding down the up down stick which caused me to crash somewhere out at sea. I will probably be replacing it but if dji could make the remote beep a couple times if you are getting to close to the ground that would be great for the future. RIP my drone you are with the fish now.
2017-4-19
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am sorry for your lost.
2017-4-19
Use props
Delta Nine
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RIP little bird
2017-4-19
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Sorry you lost your drone, but let me understand, you flew your drone into the water and want DJI to be responsible for that. You let yourself become distracted and held the left stick in the lock down position to keep descending.  It's clear to see the height and distance on your DJI Go App on your device.  I think you are being harsh on DJI because you made a decision to fly your drone into the water.

The other day I flew my drone 90m or 290 feet below my launch point.  How would a beeping sound have helped when my drone was 3200 feet distance away 290 feet below home point.  Your drone has no idea if it is close to the ground and if you are flying over water other considerations need to be taken into account.  
2017-4-19
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss.
Distraction is a killer. My only crash to date was from distraction.
I was shooting some cool video of a goose that I was chasing with my drone and ran right into a tree.
I guess it served me right as I was scaring the &*#@ outta the goose.
The P4P (And perhaps the P4) do beep when getting close to whatever is below it.
Has nothing to do with actual altitude above sea level, but proximity to what is below.
Also front, rear and sides.... object avoidance they call it.
2017-4-19
Use props
microlinux
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear.

Another little buddy swallowed by the sea . . . we attack at dawn!
2017-4-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Captain
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss.  Would a beep have helped?  How "pressed" was your down lever?  If only a little, then yes, a beep might have awakened you.  But if you had a hard push on it, your likely would have been losing altitude at a very fast pace - too much to recover from if give a beep at, say, 20 feet above the water.  
2017-4-19
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1073100 ft
United States

Super bummer. Water hath no mercy! The night before my first over water flight, I dreamed that an owl knocked my P4 into the drink.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry for your loss. It's something that I could pass along to the proper team for further review.
2017-4-19
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I would get very annoyed if the application beeped every time I was landing. What might be useful is if the beep only occurred when the drone has significant lateral movement AND also getting too close to the ground.
2017-4-20
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 21:10
I'm sorry for your loss. It's something that I could pass along to the proper team for further review.

I was thinking this the other day when watching a P4P being landed by a stranger I encountered on a walk.

It could be annoying if done wrong, but I think it would be very good if it did a "beep beep .... beep beep .... beep beep." if you have flown out of range of the ultrasonic sensors (higher than 15m) and then drop back into range of the ultrasonic sensors, at the point when the ultrasonic sensors first detect the ground (between 10 and 15 meters).  It would then also do it if you flew too close to the top of a tree and the ultrasonic sensors detected the tree, or building etc.

Only problem I see with this is that there seem to be quite a few logs being posted where the ultrasonic sensors falsely detect the ground on occasion while they are up at 100 meters, that would become very annoying, but it would also tell you that there was a fault before the aircraft decides to turn it's motors off and drop out of the sky as it passes the 15m point!
2017-4-20
Use props
calls4u2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Great idea, using vps.. maybe wouldn't work over water and it would have to have a mute/cancel. Sorry it went bad on you, at least you good enough to accept responsibility and make a good positive suggestion.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules