Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another DJI Repair (Or lack there-of)
902 6 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
codylerephoto
lvl.1
United States

Told days before I sent the drone in I should expect a 10 day turnaround time with current conditions.

Sent my drone in and it was "delivered to the front counter" on Thursday, March 30. It didn't show received until April 5th....which is funny, because it was delivered 5 days prior.

Next step, allow what a day or two it said for damage assessment? Nah, try until April 14th. Payment was made for the repair immediately once the invoice was delivered. Allow 3-4 working days for repair...well, we are on day 4, and I bet I won't see it for many more.

I have contacted support via live chat and they simply say "We will put it on a priority", which means, "we will do nothing about this, but make you think we are".

If I ever do see the need for a drone repair, it is not coming to DJI. The amount of business I've had to turn away from being drone-less could have bought me a new P4P by now.
2017-4-19
Use props
codylerephoto
lvl.1
United States

And in the event that I get asked, CAS-534702-Q3C9S8
2017-4-19
Use props
Steve818
New
United States

I used to be a supporter  and advocate of DJI until my recent experience with the repair team and customer service.  I sent in my phantom 4 pro because it malfunctioned and crashed into my toy hauler. I had just purchased this new drone and it was my third flight. I sent it in for a warranty exchange but the repair team said it was pilot error. Here's what happened: I calibrated my Compass and I turn on my drone as soon as the Drone turned on it went full speed on sport mode forward and crashed into my toy hauler. The drone did not even elevate at all. I pulled back on the stick trying to stop it but it still didn't respond. The repair team is telling me that  I pressed forward and the drone crashed into the wall, thus its my fault. Look, I am a very experienced pilot. I have been racing and flying all types of drones for years now. I also fly 3-D helicopters which are far more advanced then flying drones. I did not press anything after I turn the drone on. It absolutely makes no sense for even a beginner to press forward on sport mode without elevating. I tried to explaining this to customer service agents and they don't understand that it's not possible unless I purposely wanted to crash my drone.  In order to fly a drone you must lift off first. And the flight log of the drone doesn't show that the drone elevated. Yet they still assume that I pressed forward which I didnt. My drone is still currently with DJI repair team and it's almost 2 months now. I can't believe a multibillion dollar multinational company like DJI will treat customers like this. I still think DJI has the leading edge in consumer drone technology. I just don't understand why they don't take responsibility on a faulty drone. I have spent over $4000 on DJI products already.  I am not trying to get away from my $400 repair bill. This specific drone is a liability for me. I fly a lot and can't take the risk of something like that happening again and potentially hurting somebody. Clearly this drone has some internal issues. But Dji keeps failing to find the problem and finds it easier to just blame the pilot. Here is my case number: CAS-462687-G9L2Z3
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Steve818 Posted at 2017-4-19 17:08
I used to be a supporter  and advocate of DJI until my recent experience with the repair team and customer service.  I sent in my phantom 4 pro because it malfunctioned and crashed into my toy hauler. I had just purchased this new drone and it was my third flight. I sent it in for a warranty exchange but the repair team said it was pilot error. Here's what happened: I calibrated my Compass and I turn on my drone as soon as the Drone turned on it went full speed on sport mode forward and crashed into my toy hauler. The drone did not even elevate at all. I pulled back on the stick trying to stop it but it still didn't respond. The repair team is telling me that  I pressed forward and the drone crashed into the wall, thus its my fault. Look, I am a very experienced pilot. I have been racing and flying all types of drones for years now. I also fly 3-D helicopters which are far more advanced then flying drones. I did not press anything after I turn the drone on. It absolutely makes no sense for even a beginner to press forward on sport mode without elevating. I tried to explaining this to customer service agents and they don't understand that it's not possible unless I purposely wanted to crash my drone.  In order to fly a drone you must lift off first. And the flight log of the drone doesn't show that the drone elevated. Yet they still assume that I pressed forward which I didnt. My drone is still currently with DJI repair team and it's almost 2 months now. I can't believe a multibillion dollar multinational company like DJI will treat customers like this. I still think DJI has the leading edge in consumer drone technology. I just don't understand why they don't take responsibility on a faulty drone. I have spent over $4000 on DJI products already.  I am not trying to get away from my $400 repair bill. This specific drone is a liability for me. I fly a lot and can't take the risk of something like that happening again and potentially hurting somebody. Clearly this drone has some internal issues. But Dji keeps failing to find the problem and finds it easier to just blame the pilot. Here is my case number: CAS-462687-G9L2Z3

We hear your frustration, Steve.  I'll help to look into your case.
Could you please let me know your DJI account email? Did you sync the flight records from DJI GO app?
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

codylerephoto Posted at 2017-4-19 14:48
And in the event that I get asked, CAS-534702-Q3C9S8

I can comprehend your feelings, if I were in your position, I would feel just as you do.
I have added a note to your case and brought it to our management.
We will help to get it solved as fast as we can.
2017-4-19
Use props
codylerephoto
lvl.1
United States

And as expected, we are still just sitting on 'under repair' almost 2 weeks after the invoice was paid. The 2-day complementary shipping they're giving me is worthless when they're 3 weeks behind schedule. This will be my final DJI product ever.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

codylerephoto Posted at 2017-4-24 08:53
And as expected, we are still just sitting on 'under repair' almost 2 weeks after the invoice was paid. The 2-day complementary shipping they're giving me is worthless when they're 3 weeks behind schedule. This will be my final DJI product ever.

I've responded to you on another thread.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules