Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware : v01.03.0600 - BAD?
1858 12 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6916e6f9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

I updated to .600 and found i was getting lots of glitches in the gimbal.

The glitches happend mostly when I was sliding left or right.  And it bascically happned anytime I went left or right.

So when I got home I did a IMU calibration (that went smooth).  The I did a gimbal calibration and it failed at 68% every time.
I did a number of reboots and IMU calibrations and no matter what I did at 68% it would fail with a gimbal error.

I then use the DJI assistant 2 and went back to firmware .550 and I was able to do a gimbal calibration no issues.  I then I did a test flight sliding left to right and everything was flawless.  I then went back to firmware .600 but this time did the install via the assistant 2 applicaion.  Again I would get gimbal calibration error if I tried to calibrate it at 68%.

So I went back to .550 and things worked fine again.

Anyone else had issues with the gimbal on firmware .600?

- Joe
2017-4-19
Use props
hungdang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In your case, I think you should contact DJI and send them the log file from Assistant 2, they can check it out for you. good luck
2017-4-19
Use props
srg
lvl.1
United States

>Anyone else had issues with the gimbal on firmware .600?

Yeah, you could say that.  I'd had my new Mavic for under 24 hours and had flown it a few times and it was great.  Went to install .600, had it fail several times, and once it succeeded my gimbal no longer worked.  I got a video stream from it but lost the ability to control it, couldn't record, change settings, etc.  Status showed as "gimbal disconnected"

Also lost the ability to use the SD card slot.

Tried flashing back to a diff version (.550, then .400), which also took many tries and didn't fix the problem anyway.  Tried diff SD cards, different mobile devices, different computers, relinked the controller, recalibrated IMU, and all the other steps support recommended. In the end, I got to send back my day-old Mavic I'd waited a month for, and now I wait for them to fix it.  Just arrived today, I'm suspecting I won't see it until the middle of May if I'm lucky.
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

srg Posted at 2017-4-19 16:35
>Anyone else had issues with the gimbal on firmware .600?

Nope you can't say that... I updated and so far I flew 7 batteries and tried everything under the sun and perfect as always...
2017-4-19
Use props
srg
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-19 17:54
Nope you can't say that... I updated and so far I flew 7 batteries and tried everything under the sun and perfect as always...

Lol ok bro.
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sorry! Didn't mean to RUBBBB IT in!  

BTW what OS are u using?
2017-4-19
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Yep thats why most of us have rolled back
2017-4-19
Use props
fans6916e6f9
lvl.4
Canada

I did contact DJI and sent them the logs. Once they found out that movie to .550 fixed it they just said hopefully the next firmware will work better fix you. I said are they aware of issues with 600?  And was not given a clear answer.
2017-4-19
Use props
srg
lvl.1
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-19 18:07
Sorry! Didn't mean to RUBBBB IT in!  

BTW what OS are u using?

Tried iOS 10, iOS 9, macos 10.11, macOS 10.12, Windows 7, Windows 10, and some flavor of Android that I don't know the specifics of.

Not the end of the world, but extremely frustrating. Once I get it back I doubt I'll be doing any firmware upgrades in the future, unless there's a VERY compelling reason.
2017-4-19
Use props
Eruben PC
New
Flight distance : 48255 ft
Dominican Republic

I have the same problem, my gimbal become crazy when i start up de mavic, and stay wrong saying that it is overload. What can we do?
2017-4-19
Use props
bombardier
Italy

rolled back too  because of gimbal issues
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

srg Posted at 2017-4-19 19:43
Tried iOS 10, iOS 9, macos 10.11, macOS 10.12, Windows 7, Windows 10, and some flavor of Android that I don't know the specifics of.

Not the end of the world, but extremely frustrating. Once I get it back I doubt I'll be doing any firmware upgrades in the future, unless there's a VERY compelling reason.

SRG,

I use IPHONE 6S+ and MINI4 with IOS 10.3.1.

I always update thru the app and never thru the ASSISTANT... Good Luck!

2017-4-20
Use props
fans6916e6f9
lvl.4
Canada

I was in contact with DJI support and they basically didn't care once they found out that going back to .550 fixed the issue.  I am not sure they are admitting .600 is bad but this whole new gimbal calibration system in .600 is not working at all for me.  I also sent them the logs but all they did was suggest I try calibrating again and as I already did it many times that was pointless.

Joe
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules