Notice camera has a "warm" vignetting
1757 17 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

Hey all ,
I just bought week ago my very first drone, the mavic.
while i learn about its magic , i come from dslr world i know how to set camera and all, i notice when watching the stuff on the big screen i see the camera has strong warm vignetting just in the center of the image and no matter where i fly or if i pan it always stays there, ive tried to set diffrent wb modes and still the same,
i can post here footage so you could tell me if this is camera problem or user error.
this gets way worse when its going to color correction & grading.
i have the lastest update on the mavic.

This are the camera setting.
sunny wb
style - custom -1 , -2-, -2
nd filter (even without nd filters this are the same reasult )
1/50
Cinelike - D
lens is clear, nothing on it.
Please look at the trees ahead you can clrealy see the "warm" in the center of the footage and sideways is "cold" even why i pan around its still the same center point.
the camera is fully manul nothing is auto.

Any ideas ?

2017-4-19
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Lisi actually did it and fixed her/his shots. I suggested a alpha mask as each sensor will be different, but what she did looks great, way to fix the red spot. It should work fine even on video.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 9020&fromuid=429792
2017-4-19
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-19 16:57
Lisi actually did it and fixed her/his shots. I suggested a alpha mask as each sensor will be different, but what she did looks great, way to fix the red spot. It should work fine even on video.

I read it about 3 times i didnt understand what she did to fix it...
2017-4-19
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

Dorsap Posted at 2017-4-19 17:08
I read it about 3 times i didnt understand what she did to fix it...

Oh took me some time to understand (its 4:20am)
any way, ill try that tomrrow and i will post updates too see what happen
2017-4-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It's a consequence of the very short flange distance of the Mavic camera, it's explained in the DJI engineer's PDF file linked to in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75707-3-1.html
2017-4-19
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-19 17:25
It's a consequence of the very short flange distance of the Mavic camera, it's explained in the DJI engineer's PDF file linked to in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75707-3-1.html

i didn't understand alot from it, its comes when small lens camera like mavic,
but as thehippoz comment its about doing camera calibartion can fix it ?
p/s sorry for bad english.
2017-4-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Dorsap Posted at 2017-4-19 17:29
i didn't understand alot from it, its comes when small lens camera like mavic,
but as thehippoz comment its about doing camera calibartion can fix it ?
p/s sorry for bad english.

Yeah, it's a property of the camera and you'll notice it more on some scenes than others.

There are strategies for compensating for this like the one thehippoz pointed you to, which was new to me and something I want to look into myself. Other schemes use masking techniques to selectively compensate for color cast and brightness levels.

Me, I kind of like the vignetting effect when the color cast isn't so obvious, but then I use a fair amount of vignetting in my photographic work, so...
2017-4-19
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-19 16:57

Just checked it, the fix she mention cannot be found in my menu.
2017-4-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Dorsap Posted at 2017-4-19 17:44
Just checked it, the fix she mention cannot be found in my menu.

I think the poster was talking about a lens calibration feature that would be used in an app that then makes Lens Profiles for photog apps like Lightroom. Don't know if you can use these in your standard nonlinear video editing apps, maybe something like After Effects? Would like to hear how Lisi responds.
2017-4-19
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Mine seems gone on .600.  Anyone else notice this?
2017-4-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-19 18:26
Mine seems gone on .600.  Anyone else notice this?

It's lessened for me as well for DNG, though if I bump saturation it becomes evident, which is what you'd expect. I haven't tried a white wall test, yet.
2017-4-19
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-19 20:05
It's lessened for me as well for DNG, though if I bump saturation it becomes evident, which is what you'd expect. I haven't tried a white wall test, yet.

im also in the latest update, still tried today almost all style and picture modes, all the same.
big yellow in the mid .

disappointing.
2017-4-20
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Dorsap Posted at 2017-4-20 04:47
im also in the latest update, still tried today almost all style and picture modes, all the same.
big yellow in the mid .

I'll make a mask for mine probably this weekend, post on how to do it. I use adobe products though, be using photoshop. Got things have to get done next couple of days though.
2017-4-20
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-20 07:40
I'll make a mask for mine probably this weekend, post on how to do it. I use adobe products though, be using photoshop. Got things have to get done next couple of days though.

Thank you for your help
Will it work on premire pro cc ?
2017-4-22
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Dorsap Posted at 2017-4-22 15:46
Thank you for your help
Will it work on premire pro cc ?

Yeah it should. Lemme get on that now.

Edit-
Didn't get a good shot but shoot your whitewall like Lisi did, in photoshop > Image > Adjustments > Gradient Map, Select Black and White or use the gradient editor if you want.

Save that file as your base. Open your image as a new layer. Select the gradient map layer you just made and open channels > Load channel as selection. Select inverse if want the white removed.

Now select the picture layer and Layer > New > Layer Via Copy. The new layer created on top of the original is altered with the selection taken out. You can now color dodge, use opacity on the new layer over the original. Or adjust the original with the red masked if inverse. Should work for video too in premiere.
2017-4-22
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-22 15:51
Yeah it should. Lemme get on that now.

Edit-

First of all huge thanks for helping,
i did as you said and i did it until i stuck in the second phrase i didnt understand how do it , sorry for being annoying, basically did new layer on top with the gradient but from there i didnt understand where to processed   
2017-4-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
United States

Dorsap Posted at 2017-4-23 12:13
First of all huge thanks for helping,
i did as you said and i did it until i stuck in the second phrase i didnt understand how do it , sorry for being annoying, basically did new layer on top with the gradient but from there i didnt understand where to processed

Oh channels is on a tab right next to your layers box.
2017-4-23
Use props
Dorsap
lvl.2
Israel

thehippoz Posted at 2017-4-23 12:26
Oh channels is on a tab right next to your layers box.

i didnt succeed doing the process , i'm taking my mavic to the warranty   hope for replace the camera or something because its really annoying and making footage really unusable at all.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules