Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor Rotation
5428 10 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vincent D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

The p4 motors don't appear to have a model number on them indicating CW or CCW unlike the p3 advanced. Have to replace a siezed motor. Any idea how to identify?  
2017-4-19
Use props
Roadstar1700
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1203484 ft
United States

I'm thinking the motors are all the same. They are a 3-phase motor and it depends on how you connect the wires that will determine the rotation. Reverse any 2 wires and the motor will run in the opposite direction.

I've never changed a motor out on a P4, but there should be markings on the motor and as long as you reconnect the wires the same way the motor should spin in the right direction.
2017-4-19
Use props
dlopilato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24101 ft
United States

The motors are different. They are either CW or CCW. I just broke a prop and the mount. The mounts are color coded either gray or black, so you'll know which one you need. The gray dots are CCW and black dots are CW.

I was looking for the parts and found this:
http://www.dronenerds.com/produc ... -pt-000358-dji.html
http://www.dronenerds.com/produc ... -pt-000359-dji.html
2017-4-22
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dlopilato Posted at 2017-4-22 14:25
The motors are different. They are either CW or CCW. I just broke a prop and the mount. The mounts are color coded either gray or black, so you'll know which one you need. The gray dots are CCW and black dots are CW.

I was looking for the parts and found this:

Or there's always the DJI Store. The mounts can easily be changed.
2017-4-22
Use props
dlopilato
lvl.1
United States

The OP needed a motor...they don't sell them at the DJI store. I bought the mounts on sale for $3 and $10 shipping from the DJI store.
2017-4-22
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

In my RePL course they were talking about parts of the aircraft on the first day. We were told they used to have different colour wires but now they are all the same and as stated above if the motor turns the wrong way then reverse any two wires. I assume that this was for DJI Products as that is what we are using but the material covers other aircraft as well.
2017-4-22
Use props
Quamera
lvl.3
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-4-22 14:42
Or there's always the DJI Store. The mounts can easily be changed.

So are the motors different or is it just the mounts. If you had broken a mount and had an old set of props it would be a good chance to upgrade to the P4P mounts and a new set of matching props. I understand the P4P mounts are fully interchangeable and more secure than the P4 mounts.
2017-4-22
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quamera Posted at 2017-4-22 19:32
So are the motors different or is it just the mounts. If you had broken a mount and had an old set of props it would be a good chance to upgrade to the P4P mounts and a new set of matching props. I understand the P4P mounts are fully interchangeable and more secure than the P4 mounts.

Everything I've seen seems to suggest that they are different. The one deciding factor for me is that if there is just a simple reversing of wiring then it is done in the motor or the tracking in the circuit board. The colour coded position of the wires is the same for all four motors. Unless this can be tested out the safest way would be to get the correct rotation type as listed.

I had thought that it might just be a case of change prop mount and wiring, but I've seen nothing at all to prove this.
2017-4-23
Use props
dlopilato
lvl.1
United States

Again, as shown in post #3, they are two different parts. Just buy the right one:

DJI Phantom 4 2312S Motor (CCW) Single Unit (Part 23)  SKU: #CP.PT.000358
DJI Phantom 4 2312S Motor (CW) Single Unit (Part 24) SKU: #CP.PT.000359

2017-4-24
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
United States

Ok easy answer is the motors with the black paiint on the prop quick disconnects are CW and of course white disconnects are CCW.

Thank all for your input
2017-4-25
Use props
Vincent D
Second Officer
United States

dlopilato Posted at 2017-4-24 05:54
Again, as shown in post #3, they are two different parts. Just buy the right one:

DJI Phantom 4 2312S Motor (CCW) Single Unit (Part 23)  SKU: #CP.PT.000358

Well that would have been easy if I knew that the black prop quick disconnect  were CW rotation. However, I had a seized motor so couldn't start the props. So I bought two motors  one CW one CCW that was the only way I could find out (by the labels on the motor packaging) the fact that Black is CW and White CCW. The motors have no model number or markings .
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules