I need help with DNG files
1169 5 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GhStRdR2k
New
United States

So I took some pics today to try and put together a timelaspe shot and neither of the two programs I have (Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Pinnacle Studio 20) will open the DNG files I shot. Adobe gives me an error "No Media Data" and Pinnacle just doesn't see them.
Is there an option on the Mavic that I missed? I would rather not have to use JPEG for my projects.

Thanks

2017-4-19
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Aren't Premier Pro CC and Pinnacle Studio video editing programs?  I googled DNG and its an adobe format.  Maybe you need to open with Photoshop or some other photo image editing software......
2017-4-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You don't want to use DNG files -- those are for editing. You should open the DNG files in a photo editing app, make the changes you want to make and export as the JPG that your other apps expect. Most photo editing programs will let you batch process files to make this easier. Hope this helps.
2017-4-19
Use props
GhStRdR2k
New
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-19 17:34
You don't want to use DNG files -- those are for editing. You should open the DNG files in a photo editing app, make the changes you want to make and export as the JPG that your other apps expect. Most photo editing programs will let you batch process files to make this easier. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I have figured that out. I did find a freeware program called RawTherapee that seems to be working well to convert my files.
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GhStRdR2k Posted at 2017-4-19 17:51
Yeah, I have figured that out. I did find a freeware program called RawTherapee that seems to be working well to convert my files.

It works nice for a free one!
2017-4-19
Use props
jerome42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

I think Adobe Premiere Pro requires Camera Raw to be installed too because Adobe Photoshop requires it.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules