Phantom 4 take Inclined angle shots.
576 7 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joaquin4
lvl.1
Mexico

Phantom 4 take Inclined angle shots, you can see this in the horizon, the same for the video, why?
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

By 'inclined', do you mean that the horizon is not level? If so, this is a known issue with the Phantom 4 series.
2017-4-19
Use props
joaquin4
lvl.1
Mexico

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-19 18:00
By 'inclined', do you mean that the horizon is not level? If so, this is a known issue with the Phantom 4 series.

Thanks, And, What I can do?
2017-4-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI's stock response is valid - perform an IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface, then do a gimbal calibration. That sets the IMU sensors and the gimbal mechanism to a clean baseline setting which it'll make decisions based on.

If the horizon still gets out of whack, try hovering, do a 360 degree yaw, and wait for a few seconds - this helps it to realise that the gimbal may not be level and correct it again. The alternative it to adjust the off-set manually on-the-fly - you can do that using the RC and C2/wheel sequence, or the 'Adjust Gimbal Roll' feature in the DJI GO app. I use the last, after turning gridlines on so I have a guide to show me when the camera is level (and when it's not).

Otherwise, I note the horizon levels are better on my P4P after the most recent firmware update (released last week). Others haven't reported this though...
2017-4-19
Use props
joaquin4
lvl.1
Mexico

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-4-19 19:00
DJI's stock response is valid - perform an IMU calibration on a perfectly flat surface, then do a gimbal calibration. That sets the IMU sensors and the gimbal mechanism to a clean baseline setting which it'll make decisions based on.

If the horizon still gets out of whack, try hovering, do a 360 degree yaw, and wait for a few seconds - this helps it to realise that the gimbal may not be level and correct it again. The alternative it to adjust the off-set manually on-the-fly - you can do that using the RC and C2/wheel sequence, or the 'Adjust Gimbal Roll' feature in the DJI GO app. I use the last, after turning gridlines on so I have a guide to show me when the camera is level (and when it's not).

Thanks, I hope it works!
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

joaquin4 Posted at 2017-4-19 18:43
Thanks, And, What I can do?

Are you noticing this when flying straight away, or when you're flying at an angle or rotating? Are you on the latest firmware?
2017-4-19
Use props
joaquin4
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 20:54
Are you noticing this when flying straight away, or when you're flying at an angle or rotating? Are you on the latest firmware?

In the straight away, yes, I have the latest firmware.

Tomorrow I make another test with all your suggestions.

Tanks
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

joaquin4 Posted at 2017-4-23 20:59
In the straight away, yes, I have the latest firmware.

Tomorrow I make another test with all your suggestions.

Please keep us posted.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules