Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung S8+ and Mavic
3787 12 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
strick2210
Flight distance : 119485 ft
United States

I just wanted to see if anyone that received their S8+ had any luck getting their phone to connect to the controller or Mavic? I'm not having any luck yet. It just says Disconnected in the DJI GO 4 app. I tried the phone cable and the cable that came with the Mavic. No dice. I'm probably just missing something. My S7 Edge worked without issue.
2017-4-19
Use props
Aerial Gopher
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

I will be getting my S8+ soon, Already ordered online and should be shipped to me within the week.  I will update you when i know.  But I was sad to read this.... I did nto know there were issues with it, and my s7 edge also worked flawlessly, but someone broke its screen.... and not so good for flying..
2017-4-19
Use props
strick2210
United States

Aerial Gopher Posted at 2017-4-19 21:50
I will be getting my S8+ soon, Already ordered online and should be shipped to me within the week.  I will update you when i know.  But I was sad to read this.... I did nto know there were issues with it, and my s7 edge also worked flawlessly, but someone broke its screen.... and not so good for flying..

I just received mine yesterday from the pre-order. I read some where on here that worked for Samsung (sounds like who he worked for anyways) that it was working with the Mavic. I will look into it further. I am on the latest firmware and DJIGO 4 app. I know a lot of issues have been popping up with the latest firmware. For a few hours I was having connection issues with my S7 Edge on the new firmware. Could be related.... I don't know at this point.
2017-4-20
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15295 ft
United Kingdom

A user claimed they had the S8+ working fine with the Mavic here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-90612-1-1.html

Might be worth posting there and see if they have any suggestions for you to get it working or sending a message to Asainz320
2017-4-20
Use props
strick2210
United States

I didn't have a lot of time to look into the issue before I posted this last night. My issue was due to my case blocking the cable just enough to not connect the phone to the controller. I need to modify the case a little to fix this. I had the same case as my S7 Edge. Didn't really think much of it last night. Problem resolved.

Update: I modified the case by just shaving a little bit of rubber off of the bottom part of the case and it works great now with the case on. You also don't cover up the dimming sensor in the corner of the phone with the case on and in the RC holder.

Here's the case I bought if you want to steer clear of this one: Spigen Neo Hybrid Galaxy S8 Plus Case
The case is fine, but you have to modify it just a little to make the cable fit or buy a new cable maybe.
2017-4-20
Use props
Aerial Gopher
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

strick2210 Posted at 2017-4-20 14:37
I didn't have a lot of time to look into the issue before I posted this last night. My issue was due to my case blocking the cable just enough to not connect the phone to the controller. I need to modify the case a little to fix this. I had the same case as my S7 Edge. Didn't really think much of it last night. Problem resolved.

Update: I modified the case by just shaving a little bit of rubber off of the bottom part of the case and it works great now with the case on. You also don't cover up the dimming sensor in the corner of the phone with the case on and in the RC holder.

Does the Mavic Remote start charging the S8 when its plugged in like the s7 edge did?
2017-4-20
Use props
strick2210
United States

Aerial Gopher Posted at 2017-4-20 19:13
Does the Mavic Remote start charging the S8 when its plugged in like the s7 edge did?

Yeah I think it is. I get the charging symbol in the upper right over the battery icon. I also received a pop up when I first connected it saying something along the lines of charging will be slow.
2017-4-21
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Took my S8+ out for a quick flight last night.  It was straight out of the box (about 50 % charge), no SIM card installed.  I didn't have the correct cable to go to the side of the RC (didn't trust using the bottom RC connection) so I used the small adapter that came with the S8.  This meant that I couldn't insert the S8 into the RC holder correctly, so it was a bit awkward.  Flew for about 10 minutes with no disconnects or other issues.  Good luck.
2017-4-21
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

mine connected, but i have not tried to fly yet
2017-4-21
Use props
Johnny Hauan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1480 ft
Norway

Sorry for bumping a little bit old thread but how is the phone in bright sunlight? S7 Edge was not usable in sunny conditions but i read the S8 should be 18% more brighter.
2017-7-10
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

It's still not suitable for direct sunlight.  But is you use a shade, you can notice the difference. (my previous phone is S5  and I still use it sometimes).
2017-7-10
Use props
Roger T
lvl.1
United States

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/Thinking about getting a Sprint Slate 8 to use with DJIGo 4 app and Mavic.  Currently using Iphone 5 with no problems except for small screen.  Comments please...[/img]
Roger _resized.jpg
2017-7-10
Use props
Roger T
lvl.1
United States

Thinking about buying a Sprint Slate 8 tablet to get a bigger window on the DJI Go 4 window.  Currently using an ipnone 5 with no problems except small screen view.  Comments please....
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules