Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji mavic battery does not fit exact
5490 35 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonah11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261450 ft
Netherlands

The battery that was already in the mavic fits perfectly, but the two from the fly more package dont click into place right away. Does anyone else has this problem? Is there a way to fix it or should i return the batteries?
2017-4-19
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

That's strange. Do the other batteries look ok? No swelling etc? Maybe you could upload a picture to illustrate.
2017-4-20
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

Never heard about such an issue... Should click right on unless there is some packaging/protection stuff on it. I would return
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

jonah11 Posted at 2017-4-20 01:32
This is a photo with the fitting battery.

2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-4-20 00:45
That's strange. Do the other batteries look ok? No swelling etc? Maybe you could upload a picture to illustrate.

This is a photo with the fitting battery.

This is a photo with the non fitting battery.
IMG_5619.JPG
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

jonah11 Posted at 2017-4-20 01:32
[view_image]

Other photo
IMG_5620.JPG
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

2017-4-20
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Germany

That should never happen. If the batteries look the same from the bottom - just on basic visual inspection - I'd say you need to send them back for replacement. They are 90 euro a pop so makes sense. Sorry to see this happen to you :/
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-4-20 01:39
That should never happen. If the batteries look the same from the bottom - just on basic visual inspection - I'd say you need to send them back for replacement. They are 90 euro a pop so makes sense. Sorry to see this happen to you :/

Oké thank you,
When i send it back do I only send the battery or the entire package including the drone?
2017-4-20
Use props
fansc2962bbc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Thats very interesting and alarming . Could this be the cause of some incidents with drones suddenly falling like  a brick from the sky ?
2017-4-20
Use props
rnrnrn
Second Officer
Germany

jonah11 Posted at 2017-4-20 01:40
Oké thank you,
When i send it back do I only send the battery or the entire package including the drone?

Just call them. You have the service center in the Netherlands - I'm sure you should start the ticket via DJI website (if you bought from them) or ask your dealer to arrange for you. Or just follow whatever they tell you at the service center. I'm not sure how to find the contact details - you'd need to google that.
2017-4-20
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Yup, seems odd that the other battery doesn't clip properly.
Maybe this is related to some of the thread here where suddenly the bird just dropping off of the sky for no reason.
2017-4-20
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be quite odd for someone to not notice that the battery doesn't fit.
2017-4-20
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

jonah11 Posted at 2017-4-20 01:40
Oké thank you,

I would say just the battery. Did your FMC come with another battery, for a total of three? Did the other additional battery do the same thing?

My reasoning is because the battery which came clipped into the drone body works just fine. There seems to be a problem with the locking mechanism of the other battery(ies).

Furthermore, if you send the drone back with the battery, it can take quite some time before you get it back.

Good luck.
2017-4-20
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Jonah,
         Send them back --- it looks like the battery expanded --- the cells are stacked one on top of the other
this would be the first sign of battery expansion
Don't even attempt to try to fix it or Fly with them
FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-4-20 04:07

I agree -- but it wouldn't be the strangest thing I've heard of a pilot doing. If nothing else, one good thing that's come of the loose battery reports is that I've now gotten into the habit of making sure I hear the "click" and visually checking to make sure the battery appears to be firmly and completely seated.
2017-4-20
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 04:29

I agree -- but it wouldn't be the strangest thing I've heard of a pilot doing. If nothing else, one good thing that's come of the loose battery reports is that I've now gotten into the habit of making sure I hear the "click" and visually checking to make sure the battery appears to be firmly and completely seated.

DronFlying,
                I do the same as you --- sometimes when I go to put my Mavic down on the ground right B4
flight I accidently wind up hitting one of the battery lock buttons causing it to unseat on one side --- I'm
always on the lookout for it triple checking the battery seating B4 I fly  
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-20 04:45
DronFlying,
                I do the same as you --- sometimes when I go to put my Mavic down on the ground right B4
flight I accidently wind up hitting one of the battery lock buttons causing it to unseat on one side --- I'm

Yeah, that's my personal favorite thing about a forum like this: learning from the mistakes of others. And that in turn is why I hate to see people get beaten up when their mistakes are uncovered: because it discourages others from being honest and open and robs us of the benefit of their experience. Besides, what I might consider a foolish mistake may be perfectly natural and understandable to someone else.
2017-4-20
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 04:56
Yeah, that's my personal favorite thing about a forum like this: learning from the mistakes of others. And that in turn is why I hate to see people get beaten up when their mistakes are uncovered: because it discourages others from being honest and open and robs us of the benefit of their experience. Besides, what I might consider a foolish mistake may be perfectly natural and understandable to someone else.

Drone,
         I find nothing understandable about a person coming on the form posting nonsense by making up a story why there Mavic crashed when there Flight Data says something different altogether --- Then you have the one's that try to relate there Crash story to coincide with the Flight Data, They always mess-up and get Busted some do but not all deserve to get beaten up lollllll   
2017-4-20
Use props
SkunkWerxs
Second Officer
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-20 05:05
Drone,
         I find nothing understandable about a person coming on the form posting nonsense by making up a story why there Mavic crashed when there Flight Data says something different altogether --- Then you have the one's that try to relate there Crash story to coincide with the Flight Data, They always mess-up and get Busted some do but not all deserve to get beaten up lollllll

I flew my Mavic into a flagpole yesterday ( for real ) the dam flagpole jumped out at me lollllll
No damage to the Mavic -- I noticed when I crash my Mavic I seem to be doing it when I'm in
reverse motion  Go Figure ?   loollllll
2017-4-20
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 04:56

Then you have the perfectly natural foolish mistake such as:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-78579-1-1.html

Guy spilled beer on / in drone.

Don't drink and drive.

Don't drink and DRONE.

Especially if it is cheap beer.

2017-4-20
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

From your videos, it appears the top half of the battery has come loose.  It appears to fit correctly and even lock into place, but the top cover is obviously loose and can be raised.  Return the battery by contacting either the dealer that sold it or DJI directly.  Good catch and worth looking at our own batteries... just in case!
2017-4-20
Use props
fansebe7d662
lvl.1
United States

Speaking of battery what kind of warranty do you get when you by the battery alone.?
2017-4-20
Use props
method007
First Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 04:29

I totally agree with you.  The reason I even mention it is that people began saying "maybe this explains....".  To that, I would assume, the person who experienced a problem of a Mavic dropping out of the sky mid flight would likely also remember the big gap in their battery compartment.

Of course, that's just conjecture.  
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-20 04:14
Jonah,
         Send them back --- it looks like the battery expanded --- the cells are stacked one on top of the other
this would be the first sign of battery expansion

How can two batteries be expanded before i even flew with them?
I did actually fly with them and it did work, From now on I will stop flying with those batteries,
thanks for the advice
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-4-20 04:12
I would say just the battery. Did your FMC come with another battery, for a total of three? Did the other additional battery do the same thing?

My reasoning is because the battery which came clipped into the drone body works just fine. There seems to be a problem with the locking mechanism of the other battery(ies).

Both additional batteries from the fly more combo don't click in right. The batteries from the fly more combo look exactly the same as the normal battery.
2017-4-20
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

jonah11 Posted at 2017-4-20 07:07
I did actually fly with them and it did work, From now on I will stop flying with those batteries,
thanks for the advice

They certainly shouldn't be, but maybe there was a manufacturing defect or maybe they were damaged in transport. Were there any odd / different creases on the two bad ones compared to the good one?
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansebe7d662 Posted at 2017-4-20 06:43
Speaking of battery what kind of warranty do you get when you by the battery alone.?

Mavic batteries have a 6 month 200 cycle warranty.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, here is the link to send the batteries back.
https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-20 07:13

They certainly shouldn't be, but maybe there was a manufacturing defect or maybe they were damaged in transport. Were there any odd / different creases on the two bad ones compared to the good one?

No, they looked exactly the same, probably something in transport.
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-20 07:16

Can i send it through this link when I bought it via a local dealer?
2017-4-20
Use props
jonah11
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-20 07:16

The link says I have to send the drone, controller and battery together, is that really necessary?
I really want to keep flying....
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jonah11 Posted at 2017-4-20 07:18
Can i send it through this link when I bought it via a local dealer?

Yes you can.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jonah11 Posted at 2017-4-20 07:25
The link says I have to send the drone, controller and battery together, is that really necessary?
I really want to keep flying....

Yes, you can send only the two batteries.
2017-4-20
Use props
djiuser_ShroXG2ioSAe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25479 ft
Germany

I just bought a Mavic Pro Fly More Combo and have exactly the same problem.

The battery that came preinstalled on the Mavic Pro fits perfectly. But the two spare batteries don't lock in correctly on the right side. (Seen from behind)

The batteries seem to be from two different production runs, as the label on the spare batteries looks different. The serial number of the "good" battery begins with "093AE9C", while on both "bad" batteries it begins with "093XE9L".

2018-3-4
Use props
fansfba97273
New
United States

I own a mavic pro 2 and enterprise dual. The batteries are interchangable, the only difference is the enterprise dual has a heater for frigid flying. I have this issue and I can tell you, for me it was a very slightly swelled battery. The other three fit properly. I have a one year warranty on both machines, soi I will start the long, laborious process. Be extremely careful, you know what happens when losing a battery in mid-flight!!
2019-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules