Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller battery life
2466 3 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Morning all,

Over the last few months, I've tended to average around 4-5 flights of my Mavic, before needing to charge my controller.  Normally this is plenty for a flying session, or a day trip out somewhere, although there have been a few occasions where it hasn't quite been enough, and I have had to either not fly, or seek refuge in a cafe or similar to charge it up a bit.

I've got a couple of trips planned this summer, where I certainly wont have access to mains power.  There's a chance I may have access to a 12v supply in a landrover, but it's not guaranteed.  I'll be borrowing a stack of mavic batteries for all the flights planned, probably around 12-15 in total...

What solutions are people using for charging the controller remotely?  I've seen the little adapter for plugging into a Mavic battery to provide a pair of USB power sockets.  Are these any good?

Also, does anyone have a way of powering the controller from a remote power source, whilst flying?

Cheers
Andy
2017-4-20
Use props
koliaest.mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294180 ft
United Kingdom

You can use the adapter which turns Mavic's batteries into the powerbank, that's true unless you would wish to use all of the available batteries So I'd recommend just grabbing a good powerbank with you (I like my xiaomi, but there are plenty of other brands/offers on the Internet).
2017-4-20
Use props
Gmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

Simian Power Bank 10400 MAH. 3 year warranty. These are water resistant and cheap. Great quality. Can charge the controller a couple times with one charge.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 2?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-4-20
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

I would also reccomend getting a few power blocks.......you are probably going to need to charge your device you are running as well.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules