Third party 12v chargers
1318 3 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Been away from forums for a while and seems in that time a load for 3rd party accessories have sprung up for the mavic.

Just wondering what trickery the official 12v volt Mavic charger has that the 3rd party options don't don't.

Happily used a generic 12v charger on my mac, but wouldn't want to upset the Mavic batteries. As far as I can see both the official charger and the 3rd party ones, output around 12-13v at 6amps and have low voltages and overheating protection.
2017-4-20
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I have one for my Phantom batteries and it works just fine.
2017-4-20
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Mike,
        Personally I would not use a 3 party charger for these reasons :
The Mavic batteries are lipo's they consist of 3 four volt cells , when charging the DJI charger keeps the cells voltage Balanced across all 3 cells and automatically turns off when the rated voltage is reached.
A 3 party charger can or may not be able to Balance the 3 cells , only charging 1 and triggering the charger to turn off --- The worst thing you can do to a multiple cell Lipo battery is not to balance the cells it causes shorter life span and can lead to major battery failure ( Burst into Flames ) not good for your house
I only use the recommended chargers for all my RC equipment
FlySafe-FlyFree        
2017-4-20
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

I thought the controller was in the battery not in the charger, hence the intelligent battery name, this looks the case with the AC adapter.

Anyway, probably not worth it as you say, was just curious.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules