Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flights not loading or syncing
2107 15 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taurus35
First Officer
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone know if there is a way to resolve this issue:

I have two flights within my Phantom 4 Pro list that always say "Map Loading", they also won't sync to the cloud. The green dot indicating a new flight disappears when I click on it & look at details but next time I start the app the green dots are back. The details inside the flight also show "Map Loading" but as you can see from the image below the maps are fully loaded.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Flight 1

Flight 1

Flight 2

Flight 2

2017-4-20
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Try this:
Set your device to flight mode and connect via Wifi.
Hope it helps...
2017-4-22
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-22 08:45
Try this:
Set your device to flight mode and connect via Wifi.
Hope it helps...

By Flight mode, do you mean connect to the aircraft? If you do then I have tried that on different occassions during firmware updates & pre-flights at certain locations & it has made no difference.
2017-4-22
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Flight mode on your DEVICE. Like what you are doing when you take your phone on a plane.
2017-4-23
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-23 00:23
Flight mode on your DEVICE. Like what you are doing when you take your phone on a plane.

Eric, thanks for your advice but this made no difference.
2017-4-23
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
United Kingdom

Anyone from DJI care to comment on this issue? I am getting more flights every time I fly that won't sync or be included in flight data.
2017-5-17
Use props
todor
Captain
Flight distance : 2172805 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

taurus35 Posted at 2017-5-17 01:50
Anyone from DJI care to comment on this issue? I am getting more flights every time I fly that won't sync or be included in flight data.

First of all, you have to be logged in into the app with your DJI credentials. Please check this out and then once logged in you may try to slide from right to the left some of your flight records. This will show the options to mark the flight as "Favourite" and "Trash" icon. If you select some flights as favourites and sync them, then these favourite flights should be shown on all your tablets and phones.
Remember that the flights are synced but not shown, because you do not select them as favourite flights.
Also if the app prints some error, please attach it here.
2017-5-17
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Just looked at mine...   
All flights had green dot and none said "map loading"
When I clicked on a flight, the flight display would show and the map would load/fill in
On exit back to the list screen, the green dot had disappeared

None of my flights are marked as favorites
2017-5-17
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
United Kingdom

todor Posted at 2017-5-17 02:42
First of all, you have to be logged in into the app with your DJI credentials. Please check this out and then once logged in you may try to slide from right to the left some of your flight records. This will show the options to mark the flight as "Favourite" and "Trash" icon. If you select some flights as favourites and sync them, then these favourite flights should be shown on all your tablets and phones.
Remember that the flights are synced but not shown, because you do not select them as favourite flights.
Also if the app prints some error, please attach it here.

todor,

Yes, I'm fully logged in. The issue is some flights are not fully recording all the flight data, I think because the ones with issues are ones where I switched to another app mid-flight & DJI GO 4 is not finalising the flight. I stop recording, close down DJI GO 4 & then start either Litchi or a Pano app I use. This never used to happen with my P3S. I have checked in the DJI GO app & those flights showing issues in DJI GO 4 are not showing at all after syncing. I tried marking one of the flights as favourites but it doesn't hold. Initially it shows as marked but if I go into flight & back out again the indication has gone.
2017-5-17
Use props
todor
Captain
Flight distance : 2172805 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

taurus35, I am using DJI GO app ant there the green dot shows me that the flight log is "new" (unopened) and if I don't mark it as favourite and sync the logs, than on my other device it is now shown. Once opened, the green dot from the log disappear on my screen. I have just one flight log with "Map loading" message, and when I open it and play it, than the map is loaded via Internet with it correct location. Now I don't have any "Map loading" messages, just a few with "No GPS", because these flights were indoor. But this is my dji go, not the 4th version. Maybe the GO4 have to be tuned reallyp.s. I checked your sceenshots again, and there are unopened ( green ) logs where is written "map loading". I hope they will show you the map once you open them.
2017-5-18
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
United Kingdom

todor Posted at 2017-5-18 22:37
taurus35, I am using DJI GO app ant there the green dot shows me that the flight log is "new" (unopened) and if I don't mark it as favourite and sync the logs, than on my other device it is now shown. Once opened, the green dot from the log disappear on my screen. I have just one flight log with "Map loading" message, and when I open it and play it, than the map is loaded via Internet with it correct location. Now I don't have any "Map loading" messages, just a few with "No GPS", because these flights were indoor. But this is my dji go, not the 4th version. Maybe the GO4 have to be tuned reallyp.s. I checked your sceenshots again, and there are unopened ( green ) logs where is written "map loading". I hope they will show you the map once you open them.

todor,
If you look at the second image it is one of those flights that says "Map Loading", the  map is there & is always there but it won't sync. You are correct that the green dots show new flights & they disappear when I view the flight but they just re-appear after I go back into the app or if I press sync they will re-appear but not sync.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-5-18 23:40
todor,
If you look at the second image it is one of those flights that says "Map Loading", the  map is there & is always there but it won't sync. You are correct that the green dots show new flights & they disappear when I view the flight but they just re-appear after I go back into the app or if I press sync they will re-appear but not sync.

When you attempt to sync, how far into the process are you getting before it fails? Which version of the Go4 app are you running? I understand that you would lose the unsynced flights thus far, but have you tried reinstalling the app to see if synching is restored?
2017-5-19
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-19 08:00
When you attempt to sync, how far into the process are you getting before it fails? Which version of the Go4 app are you running? I understand that you would lose the unsynced flights thus far, but have you tried reinstalling the app to see if synching is restored?

Jamie,
Thanks for your reply.
The sync doesn't fail at all, it just won't sync those few flights that say "Maps Loading" or I have one now that says "GPS". Flights from the same day as those that failed synced OK & flights since have synced OK. I am running the latest version of GO4 v4.0.8(2857). As I mentioned in a previous post above, I think these issues are being caused by closing down GO 4 mid flight & switching to another app. I don't know if there is a bug in the app which you can look into due to this or if there is a correct procedure of closing GO 4 midflight? Another thing I have noticed is that if I keep trying to sync the flight distance keeps increasing, one flight that was 78M was reporting 6000 odd M. This resets itself back to 78M on re-opening the app.
I don't see much point in reinstalling the app as most flights are syncing OK,  just 3 or 4 that won't. I was hoping there might be a way to trigger these flights to sync that you might know of so I don't lose them. These flights aren't so important but I don't want it to keep happening.
Cheers.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-5-19 11:55
Jamie,
Thanks for your reply.
The sync doesn't fail at all, it just won't sync those few flights that say "Maps Loading" or I have one now that says "GPS". Flights from the same day as those that failed synced OK & flights since have synced OK. I am running the latest version of GO4 v4.0.8(2857). As I mentioned in a previous post above, I think these issues are being caused by closing down GO 4 mid flight & switching to another app. I don't know if there is a bug in the app which you can look into due to this or if there is a correct procedure of closing GO 4 midflight? Another thing I have noticed is that if I keep trying to sync the flight distance keeps increasing, one flight that was 78M was reporting 6000 odd M. This resets itself back to 78M on re-opening the app.

When you open the flight to review it, the maps won't populate no matter how long you leave them? If these flights are from closeing the app, were they app crashes or voluntary back outs? If it's the latter, were you just closing the tab while in camera view or would you back out to the Equipment page?
2017-5-19
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-19 14:58
When you open the flight to review it, the maps won't populate no matter how long you leave them? If these flights are from closeing the app, were they app crashes or voluntary back outs? If it's the latter, were you just closing the tab while in camera view or would you back out to the Equipment page?

Jamie,
The maps are actually there, that's what's strange. If you look at the first two screen shots in the original post you can see the map but it still says "Map Loading", that's the same with all of them that fail to sync.
They weren't app crashes at all. I'm on iOS & from memory I believe I stopped recording, doubled tapped the home button to bring up running apps & then just swiped it away to close...the app was still in camera view. I used to do this with the DJI GO app with my Phantom 3 Standard & didn't get the same issues.
Cheers.
2017-5-20
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
United Kingdom

Since the latest DJIGO 4 update all flights are now syncing OK. Also the green dots are indicating a new flight are not returning after viewing a flight & re-starting app. The only thing that hasn't sorted itself is the location for two flights is showing "Map Loading" instead of map location from GPS but that's a minor issue.
Great work on the update DJI.
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules