DJI Refresh Sydney review & process
824 6 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans01dd4a2b
lvl.1
Australia

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly give an everyone an overview of my experience with DJI refresh , Overall amazing experience with 14 days turnaround

I will test if everything is working properly tonight ,
With all the reviews online I was skeptical about the process and thought I wont have my drone for a month or 2 months . However  a turnaround of 14 days which had 2 public holidays in there is quite impressive

Timeline & Process

Friday 7th April - I crashed my drone at 4pm Start looking on google and reviews and get worried that this fix might take a while
Friday 7th April - Emailed DJI support (they opened a case within the hour) *For fellow aussies you cannot submit a request online , you need to email DJI Support and provide the following Shipping Address , Phone Number , Email Address: DJI Product:  Daler name or DJI , Order Number:  Brief Description of  damage: ,  Do you have DJI care:  , Date of Purchase:
Sunday 9th April - Collection notificiation from TNT (they advise you they will pickup drone from you and details you need to fill out) - take your SD card out (I didn't but they still managed to give me back my SD card in the new/refurbished drone
Monday 10th April - Drone collected
Wednesday 12th April - Drone recieved and accepted
Wednesday 12th April - Email to notify damage being assessed
Monday 17th April - (public holiday) Repair quote - impressed that they were working a public holiday
Monday 17th April - I emailed and advised that I would like to use DJI care -
Tuesday 18th April - Revised quote recieved for $139 AUD instead of full repair cost
Tuesday 18th April - Payment made for $139 AUD
Thursday 20th April - Advised that drone shipped out
Friday 21st April - Drone recieved

Hope this helps
Cheers

2017-4-20
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

Good to know!  Being a fellow Aussie I was wondering what the situation would be for repairs should the unthinkable happen!
2017-4-20
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

May be your Mavic has been sent to DJI repairer in Melbourne or Sydney.
They gave you back your SD card and quick turn around i.e. they are good repairer and good customer supporter.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry about your crash.
Thanks for sharing your repair experience with us on social media, nice to know it went smoothly and you received the done back in time. Your feedback provides us motivation to keep going, really appreciate it.
Hope it performs fine and you will have a great time on flying the done.
2017-4-20
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

I have to say, when I sent my Mavic in to the Melbourne centre for repair last year, the turnaround time was pretty quick. I think Australian's must just be lucky to have a better service center than the Europe and the US seem to have. Or maybe it's simply a matter of having a smaller population to service.
2017-4-20
Use props
Adimavic
lvl.1
Australia

Yes Hungdang it was sent to the repair center in Melbourne .
Just switched on everything and re-linked RC ... patiently (impatiently) waiting for batteries to charge so i can take it out flying
2017-4-20
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yup, we are lucky to have a good service center and good people working there.
Enjoy your hobby mate
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules