Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
camera and video crashes the app when I use it!!
801 10 2017-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hiddencolours 9
New

Indonesia

Hi all,

I recently bought a new DJI Phantom 4 as I was embarking on some travels through Indonesia. I wish I done some more reading first. Since i've had the thing I have had problems, mainly with just the camera (most important part). I am running a Phantom 4 on a Sony Xperia Z3+ through the DJI GO 4 app (i've also tried downloading litchi to see if that works but still not working). My camera works intermittently and I cannot film any footage in video as the screen becomes so distorted and glitched then just freezes all together! Very frustrating and a bit scary as I have no eye on the drone after this unless I can phsycally see it.

Is this a common problem or does anyone know how i can fix this??
If i wasnt in Indonesia id be sending it back for a refund.
2017-4-20
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you try with another device to see where the problem is? May be your phone cause the problem. Good luck
2017-4-20
Use props
Hiddencolours 9
New

Indonesia

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-20 17:11
Have you try with another device to see where the problem is? May be your phone cause the problem. Good luck

nah haven't tried different device yet, I will when I can get my hands on one.  seems there I a common problem with androids maybe I have to go back to using iPhone or pad.

cheers.
2017-4-20
Use props
bigmike0640
New
United States

Hiddencolours 9 Posted at 2017-4-20 17:41
nah haven't tried different device yet, I will when I can get my hands on one.  seems there I a common problem with androids maybe I have to go back to using iPhone or pad.

cheers.

I have this same problem. The video feed works great until I hit record and then it freezes. I've tried it with multiple devices, but I have the same problem with them all.
2017-4-20
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bigmike0640 Posted at 2017-4-20 17:48
I have this same problem. The video feed works great until I hit record and then it freezes. I've tried it with multiple devices, but I have the same problem with them all.

have you try to turn off the cache during video shooting
2017-4-20
Use props
Hiddencolours 9
New

Indonesia

hungdang Posted at 2017-4-20 18:03
have you try to turn off the cache during video shooting

I'll try turning the cache off this evening and let you know how it goes. I think I will downgrade the RC firmware to 1.6
2017-4-20
Use props
fans1fdd840b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8320 ft
  • >>>
United States

The same happened to me with the samsung tablet . I went to game stop bought a ipad mini 4 for a good price and have not had
2017-4-20
Use props
Hiddencolours 9
New

Timor-Leste

So I've tried to downgrade my RC software to 1.6 and now my app dji go 4 doesn't work at all and prompts me to just dji go and my drone now thinks its a phantom 3 pro and it is a phantom 4.
it doesn't work at all and I basically have no app function at all. I am currently in a East Timor where there Is no wifi for me to try reestablish the firmware to the current version so I can atleast
get back to taking still images. it looks like I have no choice but to buy an apple device so that I can run the app properly and have all the function I paid for. painful!?

does any one have these issue with the app when running an apple device??
2017-4-22
Use props
Hiddencolours 9
New

Timor-Leste

fans1fdd840b Posted at 2017-4-20 18:21
The same happened to me with the samsung tablet . I went to game stop bought a ipad mini 4 for a good price and have not had

so you say you haven't had any of these problems since you bought you Ipad mini?
2017-4-22
Use props
PhantomIzzy
New
United States

Hey! I'm having a similar problem with the new iPad (5) 2017. Dji 4.0 app glitches like crazy during flight while my iPhone 6s is perfect clear and smooth. You would think this new iPad would be fine! Btw I downloaded dji GSP and it's clear and smooth no glitches at all (but with the gsp app I can't edit/view my videos) any suggestions please?
2017-4-22
Use props
fansef1fdb98
New
Flight distance : 612316 ft
Brazil

Unfortunately, I had the same problem. Apparently, this happened after an update in the dji go 4 app. In the time when I bought my Z4, everything worked perfectly. I got suspicious of being a drone defect and almost triggered the warranty. But yes, it's a problem with Z4, which does not support the new versions of the DJI GO 4 app. This should be some hardware incompatibility problem, as far as I know, on other android devices the dji go 4 app works fine on other devices. The live stream to Facebook also does not work. Deactivating the video cache I can use the drone without having the screen frozen and without the signal to fall, but only works this way. I hope I have helped.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules