Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Manual start up and Lift off
190 7 2017-4-20 20:43:24
StanfordWebbie
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 16655
United States

I know the manual is wrong in showing two sticks down and inward for shutting off my drone.  Instead, just the left stick down and hold.  But how about on the other end?  I've always started my drone using the DJI Go app auto take off.  But there must be some way of starting the motors and lifting off using just the remote?  Can someone let me know the proper procedure? Thanks in advance,

2017-4-20 20:43:24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 34239
United States

You would use the same CSC command (down + in) to manually arm the motors and push the throttle to take off.

Using the CSC for disarming the motors isn't necessarily wrong, but it's an emergency method to reduce the damage of an impending crash or if you need to shut them off immediately for any reason.
2017-4-20 21:00:58
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Hobbyist
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-20 21:00
You would use the same CSC command (down + in) to manually arm the motors and push the throttle to take off.

Using the CSC for disarming the motors isn't necessarily wrong, but it's an emergency method to reduce the damage of an impending crash or if you need to shut them off immediately for any reason.

Thanks for the response.  Two questions:
1.  What is "CSC"?
2.  You said "same command"  -  "down and in". There is no "down and in" on the phantom 3 Adv.  To shut off the motors, you only take the left stick straight down for 3 seconds.  Down and in is what is shown in the manual, but that part of the manual is incorrect.  
2017-4-20 21:15:01
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-4-20 21:15
1.  What is "CSC"?
2.  You said "same command"  -  "down and in". There is no "down and in" on the phantom 3 Adv.  To shut off the motors, you only take the left stick straight down for 3 seconds.  Down and in is what is shown in the manual, but that part of the manual is incorrect.

CSC = Combined Stick Command. DJI-Jamie is correct, the both sticks down and towards the middle is the CSC command, and is used to start the motors. It is not wrong, it should not be used however to stop the motors as it frequently causes the aircraft to tip over, smashing the props and perhaps doing even more serious damage. To stop the motors on landing, you are correct, the left stick down command is the safest.
2017-4-20 21:51:04
Use props
SimonH78
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 82029
United Kingdom

As Geebax mentions, you only need to hold the "left" stick down for a couple of seconds for the motors to stop when you land, also you can do this while its flying the motors WILL NOT STOP you jet get the maximum decent speed - it senses when its on the ground! - Then motors will stop.
The CSC is more the "ARM for lift off command" , dont use it when you land. Its more so you can't accidentally knock the throttle when your getting ready to go flying.
2017-4-20 22:14:07
Use props
RicardoGray
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 740877
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-4-20 21:15
1.  What is "CSC"?

Just so you know, you can start the motors by pushing both sticks down and to either the inside or the outside, then push the left stick up to take off. Both ways work fine. Seems to be a lot of talk about this ,but it is very basic.
2017-4-21 04:30:21
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 1020488
Australia

The manual isn't wrong.
It actually explains exactly what you are asking about.
Look in the section with the heading: Starting and stopping the motors.
2017-4-21 04:45:00
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Hobbyist
United States

Thanks folks.  Believe me, I did read the manual - cover to cover, and more than once.  And yes, I did do the CSC - just once - to stop the motors and had that same reaction that folks warn about.  The drone tilted hard to one side.  I then went online and found the warning to use only the left stick.  So, with that experience, I never dared to try using both sticks down and in (or out) to START the motors.  So, thank you all for the fast responses.  I'll be using your counsel when I fly today.  Have a great day and thanks once again.
2017-4-21 05:56:00
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next