Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P vs MAVIC (Distance Experiment, Unexpected Result)
1191 3 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9ecb62f3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59711 ft
  • >>>
France

IN ENGLISH :

Hello,

Sorry for my bad english (Google Translation)

This weekend I tried for the first time my Phantom 4 Pro.

The test took place on a fairly flat and clear golf course.

The driving experience was pleasant but I found some video quality problems that are subject to a separate thread

Be that as it may, my son had a Mavic.

We did, each in our turn and not at the same time but a few minutes difference, signal range tests and, to our surprise, the Mavic gained significantly against the P4P each time.

This is all the more surprising given that, depending on the technical characteristics, the P4P is deemed to be able to go further.

For security and terrain configuration reasons, we limited the experiment in a reasonable way, but already for the Mavic and the P4P, it went much further than I would have imagined and I am amazed with the result both.

However, I find it amazing that the return video was constantly quality on the Mavic whereas for the P4P, 80% of the same journey, it began to deteriorate strongly and there was even an episode of cut total for a few seconds .

On both devices, the updates were made as well as the IMU, Compass, etc. calibrations.

We also tried on the P4P, in 2.4 then in 5.8 without noticeable difference.

Again, the distance was more than enough for me, but I just wonder about intellectual curiosity.

What do you think ? Ideas ?

Cordially.

Jacques.

IN FRENCH :

Bonjour,

Désolé pour mon mauvais anglais (traduction Google)

Ce week-end j'ai essayé pour la première fois mon Phantom 4 Pro.

L'essai a eu lieu sur sur un terrain de golf assez plat et dégagé.

L'expérience de pilotage a été plaisante mais j'ai par contre constaté quelques problèmes de qualité vidéo qui font l'objet d'un l'objet d'un thread distinct.

Quoi qu'il en soit, mon fils avait pour sa part un Mavic.

Nous avons fait, chacun à notre tour et non pas en même temps mais à quelques minutes de différence, des tests de portée du signal et, à notre grande surprise, le Mavic gagnait chaque fois de manière significative contre le P4P.

Cela m'étonne d'autant plus que, selon les caractéristiques techniques, le P4P est réputé pouvoir aller plus loin.

Pour des raisons de sécurité et de configuration du terrain, nous avons limité l'expérience de façon raisonnable mais, déjà, pour le Mavic comme pour le P4P, cela allait beaucoup plus loin que je ne l'aurais imaginé et je suis épaté du résultat des deux.

Pour autant, je trouve étonnant que le retour vidéo restait constamment de qualité sur le Mavic alors que pour le P4P, à 80 % du même trajet, cela commençait à se dégrader fortement et il y a même eu un épisode de coupure totale durant quelques secondes.

Je précise que sur les deux appareils les mises à jours avaient été effectuées de même que les calibrations IMU, Compass, etc...

Nous avons essayé aussi sur le P4P, en 2,4 puis en 5,8 sans différence notable.

Encore une fois, la distance était plus que suffisante en ce qui me concerne mais je m'interroge juste par curiosité intellectuelle.

Qu'en pensez-vous ? Des idées ?

Cordialement.

Jacques.

2017-4-21
Use props
fans9ecb62f3
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Sorry, can not edit my message. Read above :
However, I found it amazing to find the Mavic for the P4P, 80% of the same PATH, it began to deteriorate strongly and there was even an episode of cut total for a few seconds.

2017-4-21
Use props
SLVSRFR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274052 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed that my Mavic has way better range, especially in urban areas. My Mavic would have HD video signal and rarely lose signal. However, that's pretty much the only aspect that the Mavic beats the P4P in, besides portability of course.
2017-4-21
Use props
fans9ecb62f3
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Thank you for this feedback that confirms my observation.
Given the difference in size of both devices and especially their remote controls, it is still amazing.
Cordially.
Jacques.
Merci pour ce retour d'information qui confirme donc mon constat.
Compte tenu de la différence de taille des deux appareils et surtout de leurs télécommandes, c'est tout de même étonnant.
Cordialement.
Jacques.

2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules