3068 28 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just conducting a poll to find out if anyone has or is using the Fixed Wing Mode on the Mavic.  Also looking to see if you would use it more if the goggles were available.
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 232 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

52.59% (132)
21.51% (54)
9.56% (24)
3.98% (10)
0.80% (2)
9.96% (25)
1.59% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-4-21
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'd probably use it fairly often if it didn't lock the gimbal into a fixed angle with FPV mode. But yes, in its current form it seems to be intended for use with the goggles or something.
2017-4-21
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Can't wait for the A-10 version of the fixed wing mode.
2017-4-21
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

I tried this feature out a few times, but when in sport mode, the image (presumably the camera/gimble) jumps up and down. I should point out that it works flawlessly in non-sport mode.

Thoughts?
2017-4-21
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

I tried it,....it's oke but don't think i am ever gonna use it.
It feels more like a gimmick then something you really need.

2017-4-21
Use props
fans4c136e57
lvl.2
United Kingdom

When the goggles finally do arrive then the fixed wing mode will come into its own,.  But as someone already pointed out,there will need to be an update to fix the camera problem when in sport mode using fixed wing.
2017-4-21
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

It would be cool if I could find a way to keep the props out of the video.
2017-4-21
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guys... You have to give it time and a lot of space. Believe me it is a blast. With every 20 minutes or so the props showed up at the most for a few seconds when you do a really hard upward yaw.

Imagine the old RC where you fly for few seconds and hit a tree or a wall because you could not stop, with this baby you can be a really BAD ASS KAMIKAZE, diving and turning and at the last second, you take your finger off the throttle and this baby is back to being a hover master...one second tops!
2017-4-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It is a pity that your poll focused on goggles. I think the fixed wing mode at the slower end of the speeds is brilliant for video as you have a guaranteed constant speed.
2017-4-21
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

If you could lower the gimbal at least up to 15degree's for normal flight it would be good, it's pointed to high for a good view in most scenarios.
2017-4-22
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

I used it, had issues when in s-mode and for this reason downgraded to .0400: if no issues i would be using it each now and then but not for vids.
2017-4-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-4-22 06:48
If you could lower the gimbal at least up to 15degree's for normal flight it would be good, it's pointed to high for a good view in most scenarios.

Exactly: by forcing the Mavic into FPV with the gimbal stuck at a fixed angle they greatly reduced the usefulness of this potentially very nice feature. But I suspect that the OP is correct in implying that the reason they did this is because it's specifically targeted for use with the goggles, just as the use of the initially mysterious "propeller cage" option eventually became clear.
2017-4-22
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

Goggles 23 Apr 2017.You heard it here.

2017-4-22
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-21 21:34
It is a pity that your poll focused on goggles. I think the fixed wing mode at the slower end of the speeds is brilliant for video as you have a guaranteed constant speed.

Jenee2,
If and when the goggles come out, you set up a poll of your own on this subject.  It was more or less to see how many people have tried it out or not.  I have a feeling that it is there because the goggles are soon to follow.
2017-4-23
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-22 13:02
Exactly: by forcing the Mavic into FPV with the gimbal stuck at a fixed angle they greatly reduced the usefulness of this potentially very nice feature. But I suspect that the OP is correct in implying that the reason they did this is because it's specifically targeted for use with the goggles, just as the use of the initially mysterious "propeller cage" option eventually became clear.

DroneFlying,
I was more or less to see how many people were using/testing it.  I kind of have a feeling...as you stated...that something is to follow.  Thanks
2017-4-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

ProQuad Posted at 2017-4-23 17:13
Jenee2,
If and when the goggles come out, you set up a poll of your own on this subject.  It was more or less to see how many people have tried it out or not.  I have a feeling that it is there because the goggles are soon to follow.

I follow what you are saying but there is already a setting for goggles. No one has said if both can be used together.
2017-4-23
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-22 13:02

Yes I didn't care for that either,  however the effect in video is not bad and I might do some more recording using the basic FPV mode and keep control of the gimbal.
2017-4-29
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Wondering if DJI is having fun with us?

If I want to fly fixed wing, I'll take one of my fixed wing planes and fly a trip. The other is like eating bearnaise sauce made of powder from a bag, it does not taste, smell or have consistency like the real product made from bottom with fresh raw material.

Have I tried the fixed wing mode ? Yes, after two minutes it became too boring.

Regards Leif.
2017-4-29
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Ihave a p3s at mo but I'm awaiting a Mavic pro as for the Fix Wing I'm looking forward to trying it..
2017-4-29
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

There have been several comments regarding FWM in Sport Mode and how the image jumps/stutters up and down.  Same problem here.  Does anyone know if jittering up and down has this been addressed by DJI?
2017-5-1
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

I can not test it, because my drone won't install the upgrade to FW .0600 :-(
2017-5-1
Use props
Elohir
New
Flight distance : 18675 ft
South Korea

I have just bought my Mavic 1 week ago and sometimes when I start it, I can see a messahe wich ask me if I wanna try this mode.
2017-5-12
Use props
Elohir
New
Flight distance : 18675 ft
South Korea

I have just bought my Mavic 1 week ago and sometimes when I start it, I can see a messahe wich ask me if I wanna try this mode.For now I never did it.
2017-5-12
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am using the FIXED WING more than the regular flight mode. It is really fun. I always point the gimbal down and no problem with the props. The dive shoot is especailly neat when you are up high and dive straight down while shooting!
2017-5-24
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why don't you have option for "ooohhh no not another poll"
2017-5-24
Use props
RedChops
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215213 ft
United States

It's a kind of cool mode, I've tried it a couple times. I feel like I'd have way more fun with it if I had a real giant field to use to play around with. As it stands, I quickly run out of room in my decently large yard while flying.
2017-5-24
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

tested once ...woks fine....i like`it
2017-5-25
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried it. Not for me.
2017-6-23
Use props
namja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86112 ft
United States

It's pretty cool but from what I hear, it's really cool with goggles on.
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules