Older Versions of Go Apps ( List NOT downloads )
8040 27 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I found this page with older versions of the Go App, those with a PC will need to load I tunes to the computer and then update from here .  Be sure to delete the Old version of the Go app as well.  I had never seen this before  so I  cant tell you if it will be perfect , but those who get old systems may need these files  to comunicate Between the RC with Older versions of FW  and the Go app device .  Then once you get communication update to the latest versions accordingly .
These are just a list of version history and wont let you download, I was misinformed from amother member on another thread, this is just  for the order apparently ....rats !!!

https://www.ipa4fun.com/history/34619/

donnie

2017-4-21
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow! That's quite a find Donnie, thanks!
2017-4-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

nice post Donnie

This could come in handy for some folks running older FW, but it looks like DJI will require you to be using the latest version of the Go App for some of the newer aircraft FW

Rich
2017-4-21
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Advocate Posted at 2017-4-21 09:17
Wow! That's quite a find Donnie, thanks!

I have been asked in the past for it and could not find it and then today I just happen to come across this gem .  It will help those who are stuck with older FW .

donnie
2017-4-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-21 11:52
nice post Donnie

This could come in handy for some folks running older FW, but it looks like DJI will require you to be using the latest version of the Go App for some of the newer aircraft FW

Yes , I have had some users who have been given or purchased older systems and need the Older versions of the go app in order to communicate between the RC and go app device .  So  yes I agree the latest Fw on our systems will require the latest Go app's .

donnie
2017-4-22
Use props
Mike Yutkin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669715 ft
United States

Hey Donnie,
I'd appreciate if you can share a link for previous versions of 4.0.x app!
2017-4-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-22 06:09
Yes , I have had some users who have been given or purchased older systems and need the Older versions of the go app in order to communicate between the RC and go app device .  So  yes I agree the latest Fw on our systems will require the latest Go app's .

donnie

Hi Donnie
I understand ... I  was not criticizing you at all and thanks for posting this. Some users need to update equipment that has been setting around..  others want to live in the past   

So..... are you getting any closer to buying the Inspire 2?  

Rich
2017-4-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-22 22:08
Hi Donnie
I understand ... I  was not criticizing you at all and thanks for posting this. Some users need to update equipment that has been setting around..  others want to live in the past   

I am on the fence .......so close to doing it .....

donnie
2017-4-23
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-23 02:23
I am on the fence .......so close to doing it .....

donnie

Donnie
I was on the beta testing team for the Inspire So, as you are  aware after updating for 1.81 AC and 1.6 RC there was no going back...  (this fact was not shared by DJI in the beginning of the beta test or I just missed it)  
Donnie, I believe software advancements are much better now and I can tell you that it fixed more things than it broke. DJI must continue to roll out changes in the NFZ maps and other requirements too. This is done using the FW and Go App. I am a senior member of the AMA supporting our hobby for over 50 years and DJI has launched a joint drone program with the AMA.  I really think this is all going in the right direction .
you would not regret updating your Inspire.

I am still not ready to buy the I2 and might wait..

All the best
Rich
2017-4-23
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Switzerland

I wonder if there's an old version of the pilot app around?  lol.... I'm glad I didn't jump on the I2 bandwagon.  Transport Canada has recently changed the rules making it hardly worthwhile to fly a drone recreationally.  That change has me seriously considering selling my I1.
2017-4-23
Use props
Roger45
lvl.1

South Africa

Which hardware won't work with the latest dji Go, is the older Go software mainly meant to be compatible with older tablets and phones ?
2017-4-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Roger45 Posted at 2017-4-23 11:22
Which hardware won't work with the latest dji Go, is the older Go software mainly meant to be compatible with older tablets and phones ?

Mostly its just for those who have older systems  ( Inspire 1 systems ) that have not been updated.  For example I had a member who  bought an Inspire 1 on e bay that had only been updated once  they were at version 1.3 on the RC and AC . When the member bought it he tried to hook up the new go app to the RC transmitter  but no joy , the newest updates to the go app would not communicate with the RC  at 1.3 so I was advising  him to  load the old version of go app and then try  to get to the new versions of FW and then update to the new go app and the latest FW for the RC and AC.
Many members are having issues with old RC fw and trying to update , I have seen this quite a bit lately , the funny part is DJI phoe help tell them to update the aircraft to solve the issue .  If the RC trtansmitter wont connect to the Go app how are they supposed to update the RC ?  and phone support had no answer, by the time I got involved the RC had been reset a number of times and  the Thumb drive for updating  ( works in a pinch but only should be used in emergencies and then  can only update to 1.6 ) would not even work so this particular member had to send it in to DJI for repair .  

donnie
2017-4-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-4-23 08:20
Donnie
I was on the beta testing team for the Inspire So, as you are  aware after updating for 1.81 AC and 1.6 RC there was no going back...  (this fact was not shared by DJI in the beginning of the beta test or I just missed it)  
Donnie, I believe software advancements are much better now and I can tell you that it fixed more things than it broke. DJI must continue to roll out changes in the NFZ maps and other requirements too. This is done using the FW and Go App. I am a senior member of the AMA supporting our hobby for over 50 years and DJI has launched a joint drone program with the AMA.  I really think this is all going in the right direction .

Yes , this was just for those who have systems that were Never updated or only updated once or twice then put away .  The latest go apps wont communicate with the RC if it is still on version say 1.3. on the RC transmitter so in this case I  would get the old go app and then  update  the RC  as far as it would go  , I would try to get to at least  RC  version 1.58 on the RC  then load the new go app and update to the latest RC firmware , this of course would only be done AFTER THE  AIRCRAFT WAS UPDATED

I may just go ahead and update to the latest , for the longest time I was up to date on everything then DJI kept sneaking things in and I just thought I would stay put for a  wee bit .  

donnie
2017-4-23
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Mike Yutkin Posted at 2017-4-22 10:29
Hey Donnie,
I'd appreciate if you can share a link for previous versions of 4.0.x app!

Sorry Mike , I dont have that one , go to your search engine like Yahoo and look around, some member may have an older version that you could get .   

Good Luck

donnie
2017-4-23
Use props
Roger45
lvl.1

South Africa

Thanks Donny, i did read your reply on the thread i started, thanks for the thorough reply.
Should i need to upgrade i will definitely go through this thread again

Can you tell me if i would have any fly away problems with the 1.6 aircraft and 1.3 transmitter firmware

You say some people have issues with old RC fw ?

2017-4-24
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Roger45 Posted at 2017-4-24 00:26
Thanks Donny, i did read your reply on the thread i started, thanks for the thorough reply.
Should i need to upgrade i will definitely go through this thread again

More than likely you will NOT have fly away issues , but the update to the RC on version 1.5.8 made the encryption  less vulnerable to hack and mostly less likely for interference .

Yes old RC FW sometimes does not work well with the latest go apps .  

donnie

2017-4-24
Use props
Roger45
lvl.1

South Africa

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-24 04:26
More than likely you will NOT have fly away issues , but the update to the RC on version 1.5.8 made the encryption  less vulnerable to hack and mostly less likely for interference .

Yes old RC FW sometimes does not work well with the latest go apps .  

Are you talking about rc signal interference being made more robust ?
2017-4-24
Use props
Roger45
lvl.1

South Africa

Interference against atmospheric conditions or interference against surrounding wifi signals and someone attempting a hack on your signal ?

If it's more robust against the just mentioned perhaps oi should upgrade the rc to 1.5.8 and leave the aircraft on 1.6, but then you say 1.5.8 is having problems with the latest go app version...mmm...tough one..
2017-4-24
Use props
Roger45
lvl.1

South Africa

Interference against atmospheric conditions or interference against surrounding wifi signals and someone attempting a hack on your signal ?

If it's more robust against the just mentioned perhaps oi should upgrade the rc to 1.5.8 and leave the aircraft on 1.6, but then you say 1.5.8 is having problems with the latest go app version...mmm...tough one..
2017-4-24
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

Hello Donnie,
I'm not sure if anyone has tried downloading any of the older Apps from the site you have graciously offered, but I have found that once an an older GO app version is selected, you are then taken to the most recent version of the Go App.  Maybe it's some issue specific to my desk top computer.
I was curious if anyone had successfully downloaded an older version from the list provided, to save to a file folder for possible use later?

EG. from the site.   You are about to download the DJI GO v2.8.3 for iPhone and iPad: DJI GO  is a free and Useful Entertainment app. Live HD View and On Screen  Flight Parameters ... Download & Try Now (127.41 MB) >
2017-4-24
Use props
Roger45
lvl.1

South Africa

sorry abut the double post, the system was giving problems, it's just strange i've never heard of a firmware upgrade in my 17 years of rc, that would make a transmitter and receiver signal more robust.
2017-4-24
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2017-4-24 08:37
Hello Donnie,
I'm not sure if anyone has tried downloading any of the older Apps from the site you have graciously offered, but I have found that once an an older GO app version is selected, you are then taken to the most recent version of the Go App.  Maybe it's some issue specific to my desk top computer.
I was curious if anyone had successfully downloaded an older version from the list provided, to save to a file folder for possible use later?

I will double check this , my understanding was it would load to I tunes, I will give it a try later today , thanks for the heads up.

donnie
2017-4-25
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Roger45 Posted at 2017-4-24 05:02

I will get with you later today , busy day at work , but will get back to you, as  soon as I can .  

donnie
2017-4-25
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

No biggie,  Yea, I was thinking the older F/W versions may be offered thru a third party, iPa4Fun (EasyPDFCombine), and  
a company called (myway) Not sure what the hitch if any is there.   : )

Thanks,
Al
2017-4-25
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Roger45 Posted at 2017-4-24 05:02

I will get with you later today , busy day at work , but will get back to you, as  soon as I can .  

donnie
2017-4-26
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Roger45 Posted at 2017-4-24 12:24
sorry abut the double post, the system was giving problems, it's just strange i've never heard of a firmware upgrade in my 17 years of rc, that would make a transmitter and receiver signal more robust.

Its not more robust per say  but the encryption has changed making it harder to get interference from other systems on or near same frequency in the 2.4 range ,  and therefore a better signal .  
also I am not sure whre the problems start on the older FW and latest go app , I personally have never had issues and this could all boil down to user error or mebers using the wrong go app device .  I di contact a rep a t Dji ( Dji Jamie ). and he did confirm that older versions of FW will not " Jive" ( technical term I use  )  well with the latest go apps but he was not sure when the " Non Jiving " would occur .  Like I said I would just paly it safe and update to the latest FW, and as the matter of fact I am goign to update to ALL the latest FW as well.  I am no certain that the gremlins are pretty much worked out and I know the sytem limitations that are imposed and they do not effect me in any way . ( limitations like , the No fly zones,  camera minor glitches etc. "

donnie
2017-4-26
Use props
HartD
New
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-4-23 14:33
Mostly its just for those who have older systems  ( Inspire 1 systems ) that have not been updated.  For example I had a member who  bought an Inspire 1 on e bay that had only been updated once  they were at version 1.3 on the RC and AC . When the member bought it he tried to hook up the new go app to the RC transmitter  but no joy , the newest updates to the go app would not communicate with the RC  at 1.3 so I was advising  him to  load the old version of go app and then try  to get to the new versions of FW and then update to the new go app and the latest FW for the RC and AC.
Many members are having issues with old RC fw and trying to update , I have seen this quite a bit lately , the funny part is DJI phoe help tell them to update the aircraft to solve the issue .  If the RC trtansmitter wont connect to the Go app how are they supposed to update the RC ?  and phone support had no answer, by the time I got involved the RC had been reset a number of times and  the Thumb drive for updating  ( works in a pinch but only should be used in emergencies and then  can only update to 1.6 ) would not even work so this particular member had to send it in to DJI for repair .  

Hello I was reading this and it sounds very similar to my position.  I have a dual remote inspire 1, I updated my dji go app and my RC would not connect anymore. I spent a bunch of time on the forums and  decided I needed to update my firmware.  I was successful i updating my AC to v1.11 but I cant seem to update the firmware of the controller.  I was able to download the v1.6 onto a usb key but It never seemed to update. I have tried to reset it using the 4 button trick multiple times but it does not seem to be resetting. If you have any suggestions I would be very grateful.
2017-10-9
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

HartD Posted at 2017-10-9 08:50
Hello I was reading this and it sounds very similar to my position.  I have a dual remote inspire 1, I updated my dji go app and my RC would not connect anymore. I spent a bunch of time on the forums and  decided I needed to update my firmware.  I was successful i updating my AC to v1.11 but I cant seem to update the firmware of the controller.  I was able to download the v1.6 onto a usb key but It never seemed to update. I have tried to reset it using the 4 button trick multiple times but it does not seem to be resetting. If you have any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Have you tried to rollback the FW ?  sometimes that is the best thing to do and then try to update again from there.  I will provide a link with a video .  BE sure you have  a solid wi-fi connection the Go app device before starting .
One of these two should work .   Need to get the RC to 1.7.8  to match the 1.11 on the AC

also going to give a link on the  proper way to use the USB drive to update to 1.6.  after that You MUST update using the Go app device using wi fi .  
RC update via Thumb drive for version RC 1.2 OR  Blue Light onRC

donnie

2017-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules