Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3. 4K flyaway
668 3 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial Pic. Lvr
New
Flight distance : 40541 ft
United States

So after a month, many calls and much hold time.   I was informed that the flyaway was due to weak signal at the beginning and that I could get 30% off of a replacement.      I had 9 satellites and full bar strength when signal loss, with 0 response occurred at 354 ft altitude, and 689 ft. distance.     I have recommended DJIs products to many before this incident, and really enjoyed it up until I had to see how customers are treated after the sale!!   Very disappointing outcome!
CAS-525187-L2B3R1 CRM:0463000001991

2017-4-21
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

You should post your logs so people can examine it.  The drone should have recorded the home point if you had waited long enough.  When disconnected it should have returned, unless you either set it to land.
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, the Data Analysist team could not completely verify the cause of the incident. From what they noticed, the unit went 22 seconds into the flight, past the take off point, before it had enough strength and satellites to establish a home point. The flight records were inconclusive due to the flight record ending abruptly without a noticeable reason. Because the root cause could not be determined, they would not be able to apply the full warranty to the claim. They do want to assist with getting you back in the air, but providing a discount on a replacement unit is the best they can do with the information that's provided.
2017-4-21
Use props
Drone2621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225292 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-21 15:24
I'm sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, the Data Analysist team could not completely verify the cause of the incident. From what they noticed, the unit went 22 seconds into the flight, past the take off point, before it had enough strength and satellites to establish a home point. The flight records were inconclusive due to the flight record ending abruptly without a noticeable reason. Because the root cause could not be determined, they would not be able to apply the full warranty to the claim. They do want to assist with getting you back in the air, but providing a discount on a replacement unit is the best they can do with the information that's provided.

Sounds a bit harsh to me . If you cant establish the cause that would indicate a malfunction in the drone . No pilot error is proven to the point of voiding his warranty ?.  Not sure what the consumer protection laws are in America but if a company told me .We don't know what went wrong there for you have to pay and your warranty is void I would seek advice.

Why would I buy a drone direct from DJI when I can go through Amazon are lots of other outlets who give the customer the benefit of the doubt in these cases . And a 30% discount on a new product when the customer does not  know why he lost the last product is bit of a joke.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules