MAVIC FIRMWARE AND DJI GO APP IDEA
1422 23 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EDMUNDO G JR.
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

As lot of people been talking the new firmware upadte .600 is causing problems for android users that randomly disconect the app and trigger RTH, causing few people to panic and hardm or lose their drones... others lucky knew how to handle the situation and changed to sport mode and regained control and landed safely.

Why ISNT DJI MAKING like personalize firmwares to people? i mean Make new firmware .600 only with mandatory features and let the people choose some add ones. that "Fixed wing " mode isnt something everyone like, i bet 80% of mavic users just tried that feature 10 mins and said oh ok cool and wont be planning on using it again. Adding those features force the app and your cellphone to comunicate, wich may force people to buy a newer stronger phone...
some people only want to take pictures and have fun ( used to be capable to do with budget phone). just a tought i had let me know if that could be possible or no

2017-4-21
Use props
EDMUNDO G JR.
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

i rolled back to .550 everything good, I dont like the nfz limit
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The firmware doesn't allow you to choose what you want and don't want.
You're free to use the Feedback feature in the Me tab from the home page and give your suggestion.
2017-4-21
Use props
EDMUNDO G JR.
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-21 12:37
The firmware doesn't allow you to choose what you want and don't want.
You're free to use the Feedback feature in the Me tab from the home page and give your suggestion.

I know it doesnt let you chosee, thats what im talking about to come just the mandatory by dji , and let us add more features if we want to so the firmware wouldnt be that bulky and force us to get stronger and faster phones with cpu. also it work harder on the app it would be easier for programmers somehow. i wish i could explain myself  
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

EDMUNDO G JR. Posted at 2017-4-21 13:02
I know it doesnt let you chosee, thats what im talking about to come just the mandatory by dji , and let us add more features if we want to so the firmware wouldnt be that bulky and force us to get stronger and faster phones with cpu. also it work harder on the app it would be easier for programmers somehow. i wish i could explain myself

I totally understand what you mean, that's why I gave you the Feedback info and you can send your request to them.
2017-4-21
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

If you think it is difficult to put out bug free software that will work on a multitude of phone makes and models with countless apps , games and processing capabilities , add in that you want the firmware to be different according to what the user wants . LOL
2017-4-21
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

It would be nice to count with a "lite" Android application and its corresponding firmware.

I still remeber using DJI GO 3.1.2 with .300 firmware, that allowed me to use my T280 Samsung tablet.
2017-4-21
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I bet you NOT. I flew the FIXED WING for more than 8 hours and it is still a blast. Doing these KAMAKZI DIVES are so awesome. I am perfecting the dive and then I will try taking pictures and videos and see how they look.
2017-4-21
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

The user always has the choice to just use the features that they want. The most probable cause of crashes on the android phones/tablets is more than likely due to other apps that are running at the same time and android firmware updates.
2017-4-21
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-21 13:18
I totally understand what you mean, that's why I gave you the Feedback info and you can send your request to them.

Hi Ken.

I don't know where to post this elsewhere but this is related to firmware.
There are some threads that are saying that you are "forced" to update to the latest version for warranty reasons.

If I have a stable fully functional Aircraft on version -X why should I update?

Can you comment on that pls?

2017-4-21
Use props
fansbf741e0c
New
France

Hi , i'm new here.
I get my mavic pro Tuesday , and total time of flight = 0 !
everything was ok when i connected the controller to my Galaxy A3.
But ... i was stupid enough to accept the update !
After this the controller was blocked at Connecting and it was not possible to connect it to my phone or made the pairing with the drone.
Now , i have bring back the mavic to v01.03.0400 but the controller stop update at 20%.
then the usb sound is disconnecti / reconnecti and after 1 or 2 min it tell me Update failed ...
I have try all what was on every tutorials (not only one time)
So now , when i start dji assistant 2 and connect the RC it tell me about some firmware incompatibility between some modules and devices , i say  ok to update.
At end it tell me Update is OK , but the RC stay in Connecting mode when  i retry , the pairing doesn't work too , i have to wait like 5 to 10min  in Connecting mode up i hear the sound
when i press C1,C2,Record ... when i then press shutter it just made the same sound and don't come in pairing mode
I then have search the log ...
here is what happens before the firmware stuck :

[14:32:53][UpgradeManager      ] set date time to device success!!!
[14:32:53][P4Device2           ] SN : 08XJDCN00101YV
[14:32:57][WebGetter2          ] recv server ack...
[14:32:58][UpgradeManager      ] get nfz version timeout!!!
[14:33:16][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= UPGRADE FAILURE: push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x040603
[14:33:16][upgrade1860Ex       ] ======================= Time :  78.60 second
[14:33:16][DiagMsg             ] push upgrade failed status, error code: 0x040603
[14:33:16][UpgradeMgr          ]    Dm368_ground(1) result false
[14:33:16][UpgradeManager      ] WebActionResult:
[14:33:16][UpgradeMgr          ] upgrade_pack_file_data time used: 61.431 Second
[14:33:16][UpgradeMgr          ] enable_upgrading_flag: false

Well , i just hope i don't give DJI 1500 Bucks for a non flying drone ...

And for be sure it's not coming from my internet connection , i have made  direct connection with Ethernet cable , no Wi-Fi for be sure ...

Is someone here who can help with this issue ? or is DJI doing a new firmware and not a crapware this time ??

Cheers.

2017-4-21
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

try to use Galaxy S phones ... S5 ..ceap phone works the best
2017-4-22
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-21 22:04
Hi Ken.

I am anxiously waiting for DJI Ken comment on this 1.
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-21 22:04
Hi Ken.

You do not have to update if you choose not to. If there is an accident that would have been prevented if you had updated then if probably wouldn't be a warranty repair. But if there was a crash due to something with the aircraft and had nothing to do with firmware then I would guess it would be covered under warranty. I would think it would be a case by case basis. BUT, I am tech support and not customer service so it's best to have them clarify it for you.
2017-4-22
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-22 13:08
You do not have to update if you choose not to. If there is an accident that would have been prevented if you had updated then if probably wouldn't be a warranty repair. But if there was a crash due to something with the aircraft and had nothing to do with firmware then I would guess it would be covered under warranty. I would think it would be a case by case basis. BUT, I am tech support and not customer service so it's best to have them clarify it for you.

Hi thanks Ken.

Then I know a little bit more and some follow up questions if that is OK even if you are tech support :-)I don't know if a software update makes things better or not? Normally I would say yes go ahead and update but in this case there is some concerns.

I´ve been reading a lot about firmware upgrades here in the forum any many persons that have problems with the "new" version of software and they then decide to rollback and it works again.  Most likely it works for a bigger number of persons that are not here writing about their succes with upgrades.

This makes me wonder at least. Do I dare to upgrade or not? If I have an Aircraft that works (I had .400 before I had to send it in for blur issue) and that worked perfectly for me, no warnings one small incident (without any bad outcome) with cinematic mode which I then avioded since I don't trust that mode after that happening) but basically a perfect experience otherwise.

Next question is about release notes but related to the software, sometimes (most of the times) the information about what is in a new release is kind of thin I would say. In my oppinion this is valid for ALL software that comes from DJI related to the Mavic at least, ie. both Aircraft and APP.  The release notes are basically two or three "one liners" which makes it hard to fully understand what has been corrected and what "new features" that have been added. It's very often a guessing game if this and that have been fixed. I base this on what information you cand find here in this forum and on the official DJI homepage.

So the questions are:

1. Are DJI adding more corrections then we can read about in the release notes or not?
2. Can you ask the correct persons/staff to evaluate a little bit when they are writing the release notes.

As an example from your colleague Thor

Mavic Pro Release Notes

Date : 2017.04.05
Firmware : v01.03.0550
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.6
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.5

What’s New?

1. Optimized the RTH function.
2. Improved hovering performance.

In what way is #1 improved here? Is consuming less battery, is it hovering in a smarter way when you have.... or?

I hope you see my point. I think we all would benefit from a little deeper explanation.

Happy flying.

2017-4-22
Use props
Darth Mavic
New
France

Hi ,
After 3 other days of testing to try to get the Mavic RC to work , its just a disaster .....
I come now to the end of my patience limit and before a Mavic go kiss one of my Wall i just put it in the box and send it back to Amazon for get my 1500 bucks back.
I will really think about next time i want buy something DJI is doing ..
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-22 21:41
Hi thanks Ken.

Then I know a little bit more and some follow up questions if that is OK even if you are tech support :-)I don't know if a software update makes things better or not? Normally I would say yes go ahead and update but in this case there is some concerns.

I am sorry, what's issued in the release notes is all that you will see.
2017-4-24
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-4-24 13:03
I am sorry, what's issued in the release notes is all that you will see.

Hi.

Can you then understand the worries about upgrading or not? We are left "hanging" with to little information as I see it.

Do you think it is possible to extend the information in the future?
I think it would be less question here about thing like this.

Happy flying
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-24 13:16
Hi.

Can you then understand the worries about upgrading or not? We are left "hanging" with to little information as I see it.

This is the information they provide to you. I don't think it's going to change.
2017-4-25
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-24 13:16
Hi.

So......If we upgrade fw and have a crash and the firmware likely would have prevented such a crash then we can expect a WARRANTY replacement because DJI's firmware notes were incomplete.  In other words, customers cannot be held responsible for when we have little to no info on what changes/improvements are made with the firmware!  
2017-4-25
Use props
AndrewF403
lvl.3
Flight distance : 543110 ft
Ukraine

dronist Posted at 2017-4-21 20:08
I bet you NOT. I flew the FIXED WING for more than 8 hours and it is still a blast. Doing these KAMAKZI DIVES are so awesome. I am perfecting the dive and then I will try taking pictures and videos and see how they look.

Have you posted videos somewhere? I would like to see!
2017-4-25
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

For me, I'd rather have the bells and whistles in the DJI GO app than in the phone.  I'd vote for a "smartphone-lite" configuration which eliminates all the crap processes the providers and advertisers dump on the OS.

Actually,  I fully intend to spring for a CrystalSky when available.
2017-4-25
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AndrewF403 Posted at 2017-4-25 09:22
Have you posted videos somewhere? I would like to see!

i will. am on the road these few weeks.
2017-4-25
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-4-25 08:11
So......If we upgrade fw and have a crash and the firmware likely would have prevented such a crash then we can expect a WARRANTY replacement because DJI's firmware notes were incomplete.  In other words, customers cannot be held responsible for when we have little to no info on what changes/improvements are made with the firmware!

That's the way I see it to, since we don't get enough information about what is changed there might be cases where you can't anticipate the actions somehow
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules