Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using the 4K (Gen2) Amazon Fire TV box to play 4k footage
178 2 2017-4-21 09:10:36
DarrenE
Hobbyist
United Kingdom

I'm curious to know if anyone uses an Amazon Fire TV box to stream their 4k/2k content?

I can't see a reason why it wouldn't be great, but real-world experiences count for a lot when you're looking to buy things

We need to upgrade our TV so reckoned we may as well go 4K - at the moment my Raspberry Pi-based Kodi player won't cope with flight videos greater than 1080p - it'd be nice to see some of the other recordable resolutions too.

I thought the new Amazon box might be a reasonable solution - I can put Kodi on it and stream flight videos through it..

2017-4-21 09:10:36
Use props
Cobra44Magnum
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 182036
United States

I do not have an Amazon Fire TV box but I bought a Sony 65" 4K TV a little over a year ago and it includes Android TV. I plug a USB drive (thumb drive or external hard drive) into the side and use the Video app to play my videos. I didn't like any of the streaming solutions at the time so this was a big reason that I bought this TV. I can also connect a computer/laptop to it and play 4K videos from it. Another option is to play 4K videos from my XBOX ONE S with an external hard drive.
2017-4-21 12:23:48
Use props
DarrenE
Hobbyist
United Kingdom

Thanks for the feedback - I hadn't considered TVs with Android built-in. That's very useful
2017-4-21 23:10:13
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next