Unknown.jpeg
2017-4-21
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flight time on Phantom 4 really should not be advertised as only 28 mins when it's lighter than the Phantom 4 Pro and can also use the higher capacity batteries.
2017-4-21
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The P4A doesn't make any sense to me.
The 5.8GHz option is not available. Since there are so many signal issue threads that option should be standard.
Tripod mode is still there but the side sensors (infrared) are not. And all you save is $150.

The mighty gods are hard to understand.
If they could only come up with a drone without tilted horizon!!!
2017-4-21
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Something I have never been clear on.. The 1080 resolution of the built in screen, does that equate to the signal it receives from the Phantom as being 1080? If not, then why such a high resolution screen? Couldn't it be made even cheaper if it were 720p? I know some people would say they don't want a 720p screen, but I wouldn't mind if it means I have a screen I can see in bright sunlight that won't overheat when the temps are above 85 and dim down even further..
2017-4-21
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-21 12:20
The P4A doesn't make any sense to me.
The 5.8GHz option is not available. Since there are so many signal issue threads that option should be standard.
Tripod mode is still there but the side sensors (infrared) are not. And all you save is $150.

You cripple a product just enough to deferentiate between it and the slightly superior product. Then you can get the retail price down to a purchase point that more people are willing to invest. In turn, it's human nature that those same people convince themselves, if they are going to invest almost as much on the lesser product, that they should pay that small premium to get the best product that tech level has to offer.

Nah. I'm just kidding. I made all that up. I hope that's not how conspiracy theories get started.
2017-4-21
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-21 12:26
Something I have never been clear on.. The 1080 resolution of the built in screen, does that equate to the signal it receives from the Phantom as being 1080? If not, then why such a high resolution screen? Couldn't it be made even cheaper if it were 720p? I know some people would say they don't want a 720p screen, but I wouldn't mind if it means I have a screen I can see in bright sunlight that won't overheat when the temps are above 85 and dim down even further..

Perhaps media viewed on the screen can take advantage of the 1080, even though the video stream shows at a lower resolution. Does that make sense?
2017-4-21
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-4-21 13:53
Perhaps media viewed on the screen can take advantage of the 1080, even though the video stream shows at a lower resolution. Does that make sense?

I understand that, but it isn't really that much of a difference on that small of a screen..
2017-4-21
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-21 18:29
I understand that, but it isn't really that much of a difference on that small of a screen..

I agree with you on that, but look at how crazy people go over (even slightly) increased resolution on even just phone-sized screens. That little difference likely means more to others than it means to you and me. That's still just my theory though.
2017-4-22
Use props
DrewW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

Going from the P4 to the P4Pro. The difference in signal is so much better that I would never recommend anyone get the advanced. I can go really far distances with a great connection. I literally have no video break up ever and had a lot of breakup before with the p4.
2017-4-22
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Ireland

@DrewW, Do you think this has anything to do with the mobile device you used with the P4 and the built in screen with the P4P?
2017-4-24
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

I am loving my P4P.. :-)
2017-4-25
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

FuZZyPiLOT Posted at 2017-4-24 10:29
@DrewW, Do you think this has anything to do with the mobile device you used with the P4 and the built in screen with the P4P?

The remote is completely different from the P4.. I have both of them and fly both of them with my Iphone7 Plus.. The remote even on 5.8Ghz is more powerful without the breakup I had on my P4. That being said - the device you use on the P4 wil have a harder time if it is under-powered especially when the signal becomes weak and there are more errors in the video signal.. Same is true for the P4P, but if you are going to spend 1600 dollars on something - pair it with something that is just as powerful. This is the biggest mistake everyone makes.
2017-4-25
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United States

@Mobilcams - Thanks for the solid advice. I hope to get the Crystalsky Monitor soon, so hopefully this will help the ongoing video issues i am getting.
2017-4-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the easy to follow comparison of these models.  My P4P is working nicely.

Rich
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules