2456 7 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ro Man
New
Flight distance : 75909 ft
Ireland

Hi all.
I have an issue with my Phantom 3 Standard.
I cant fly it further than 100m verticaly nor horizontaly. Loosing signal then RTH will bring it back.
I got range extender from Argtek and did fit it in instead of standard antena.Surprice surprice no difference at all.
100m and boom signal lost...
I use Samsung Galaxy S5 and DJIgo app.
Thought it may be a phone so tried with other phone (Lenovo K6),same result.
Any ideas?
Thank you.
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a video on antenna orientation, make sure you are in an interference free area and if you still can only get 100M then you may want to send it in for evaluation. But if you've made modifications then it is not under warranty anymore.
And you have "Enable Max Distance" disabled correct?

2017-4-21
Use props
Ro Man
New
Ireland

Hi Ken.
Antena positioning is correct. As you said it is out of warranty as instead of hassle with long re evaluation and return process I choose upgrade that should help and solve the problem.But it didnt. My bad
I tried on various locations .....same result.
Is there anything else I can do?
2017-4-21
Use props
Ro Man
New
Ireland

So tested again today and played a bit with anthenas positioning.
Looks like distance range improoved now as I did 250m (set distance limit for now). Only problem remain at altitude.
Tried several times.Change my distance from drone and anthenas positions too but 50m plus and signal problem.
Screenshot_2017-04-23-16-45-16.png
Screenshot_2017-04-23-16-44-36.png
2017-4-23
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263271 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ro Man Posted at 2017-4-23 10:13
So tested again today and played a bit with anthenas positioning.
Looks like distance range improoved now as I did 250m (set distance limit for now). Only problem remain at altitude.
Tried several times.Change my distance from drone and anthenas positions too but 50m plus and signal problem.

I Have the same problem, signal goes from 100% at 30 Meters zero % at 40 to 50 meters, flew my inspire in the same field today and 500 meters was no problem at all, landed it and launched the phantom and 45 meters away it lost signal and returned home. have tried everything to solve it but no joy. hope you get yours sorted
2017-4-23
Use props
PabloFC
lvl.1

Spain

I have been having the same issue with my P3S since I bought it. I have tried everything and the problem is still there without getting any better. The only thing that has allowed me to improve the range a little bit is a homemade windsurfer range extender. It allows me to go from 100m to about 180-200m. I know that it is not something good to hear, but it is what it is. If you find any other solution that works, please let me know about it.
Regards
Pablo
2017-4-25
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

PabloFC - I would open the RC and check to make sure the cables from the antennae are firmly attached.  I've heard of more than one instance where they were not well seated to the board.  I know that when I added Argtek ants I noticed the stock ants were loose, not snapped down, with only the silicone holding them in place.  

Environment has a lot to do with things, on stock antennae I was only able to hit about 1200 feet at home because I'm in a low area, and surrounded by trees.  Even with the Argtek mods, flying at home I'm lucky to hit 3000 feet, there's just to much ground clutter and earth in the way.
2017-4-25
Use props
Ro Man
New
Ireland

Did a little diy Windsurfer now from Pringles and reflective foil etc.
Paid a lot of attention to antenas positioning while flying.
Switched off Satelite positioning.
Caliberate controller and compas and boom I did 350m distance. Bit scared to go further...
However I still have dificulties to go beyong 150m up.
Range did increased but considering that I have added Argtek and Windsurfer still makes me wonder how DJI got away with adcertising range vs real having such a variance.
Kind of happy out now so will keep playing and may add further updates if related.
Screenshot_2017-04-25-20-41-05.png
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules