Less Stable since Last Update
508 5 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kemosaby
New

United States

I've flown 3 times since the last update.
Each time my Mavic has drifted a little instead of the stable hovering I used to enjoy. And even a very light breeze causes it to really fight the wind with a back & forth movement. It's just a mild breeze and not strong gusts. Prior to the update this type light wind had no affect on it. Now I'm afraid to fly it!
Anybody else notice a lack of stability since the firmware update a few days ago?
2017-4-21
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nope nothing here. Depending on how high you are wind gust can vary widely from the surface. What you can do is when you take off, just take off for about 3 feet, move the AC IN ALL DIRECTIONS and then see if you notice any drifting  it it did then look at your sensors, IMU and COMPASS ansee the readings. You might need to re-calibrate both. COLD IMU on a 100% leveled surface and then calibrate compass away from metal and interference and try the ssame thing again. Good Luck!
2017-4-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I always calibrate the compass after a firmware update and never had a problem. I figured that since some of the settings get reset after a firmware update, then perhaps the compass might as well.
2017-4-21
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-21 21:51
I always calibrate the compass after a firmware update and never had a problem. I figured that since some of the settings get reset after a firmware update, then perhaps the compass might as well.

I have never updated my software so out of curiosity does the app tell you to calibrate after upgrade or do you just do it?
2017-4-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Flybee Posted at 2017-4-21 22:02
I have never updated my software so out of curiosity does the app tell you to calibrate after upgrade or do you just do it?

No it doesn't tell me to calibrate the compass. I have never calibrated anything else but as I said, I just thought that it may have been possible for the compass settings to be reset after a firmware update so that's why I do it. And it is so easy and quick to do.
2017-4-21
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-4-21 22:07
No it doesn't tell me to calibrate the compass. I have never calibrated anything else but as I said, I just thought that it may have been possible for the compass settings to be reset after a firmware update so that's why I do it. And it is so easy and quick to do.

OK, Thank you Jenee 2 i'm so afraid of this thing since my Aircraft have been performing so good and I have never updated nor calibrated it in any form what so ewer.

Now I read this about warranty issues if not on the latest version so it makes me start thinking on the "procedure" as such.

Happy flying
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules