Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Progamable interface/gui/api fpr Ronin
3982 15 2015-3-3 16:26:57
pjenness
Beginner
New Zealand

Hi

Im looking at the Ronin Gimbal and 90% sure its what I want to buy, but am curious about the input options

I see it has the hand controller which is fine for live movement and framing, but is there any way to setup a custom move via software or some interface.

For exampl if I wanted to use it as a time lapse motion control, where I want a very slight slow move (potentaill over 1- hours)  it will be impossible by hand but would need some sort of programmable interface.

Ive googled and looked thruthe forums but havent found any thing yet.

Any options available.

Thanks!!

-Paul

2015-3-3 16:26:57
Use props
DJI-Dboy
Intern Pilot
Hong Kong

Hi,
It's an interesting idea.
I just wonder during the 1 hour operation, where will you fix Ronin on?
From my point of view, the first method is fix ronin on a stepping motor whose rotating speed can be programmed. And Ronin can follow the movement via Smooth-track.
Another is applying APP SDK for DJI's website:  http://dev.dji.com/
2015-3-3 21:47:16
Use props
Holx
Student Pilot
Germany

A motion control software would be great vor vfx purposes.

Fixing the ronin in upright modus via an adapter on a tripod.

And a software making it possible to program a paning move, and replaying it identically, or scaling it for timelapse purposes.

Would be a shure buy for me

Holger
2015-3-4 04:44:20
Use props
darrin
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 306242
United States

I'm trying to figure this out too, wanted to introduce myself! New around here!

Adding the Ronin into my motion control system and finding a method for programmable camera moves is on my list...
I can think of some options .. going to test..
hacking  remote bluetooth channels via laptop
trying to control hooks in a program like dragonframe
ardunio /bluetooth/ sliders via IE lighting DMX controler.( programable)

I have nine axis motion control system in progress with the Ronin acting as my pan tilt and roll.
I can rig the system as DC - for real time moves and has some programmable options.
Or rig it as Stepper system for programmable moves ramping moves etc.. with 3-5 different software options.

I believe they are using servo motors and looking for stepper/servo crossover..
open to ideas and collaborations!!
cheers
Darrin Nupuf
2015-4-3 11:50:06
Use props
Edward Martins
Beginner
Kenya

i thinking the ronin to be a 3 axis motion contol
2016-4-23 14:51:11
Use props
Strelle
Beginner
Austria

Push!!!

Genau danach suche ich auch
2016-4-24 08:49:32
Use props
werner.daehn
Student Pilot
Austria

The DJI SDK is for flight controllers, not the Ronin. I am in the same boat, would like to remote control the Ronin-M with absolute angles.
2016-4-26 04:51:25
Use props
olders.liam
Hobbyist
Canada

The movi by freeflysystems has timelapse mode come on DJI. Also I now have an MX but I can't find the option GPS module they clearly speak of.
IMG_4042.PNG
2016-9-13 19:27:30
Use props
gt3rs
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 85361

+1 Would be really cool to have an SDK or additional functions like timelapse etc....  Also the possibility to build a Mimic style controller only whit a phone should be doable
2016-9-15 01:31:20
Use props
Iradavic
Beginner
Croatia

cmon DJI

WE NEED TIMELAPSE MODE..

I have a ronin MX and i create timelapses with phisically adjusting the dji controller to make it move across one hour

i feel like a dumbass when i see the Movi has that option whitin the app..
2016-11-7 02:15:43
Use props
fans6e6a0058
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 66835
  • >>>
Canada

I too would be very interested in this feature and it seems completely in DJI favour - they would be then also marketing the Ronin to photographers not just videographers.  Place the Ronin on a tripod , set up the timelapse in camera, set up the motion timelapse movement in Ronin and press go (twice) so to speak...DJI what are you waiting for?
2017-1-5 05:43:16
Use props
fans386c87f2
Student Pilot
Argentina

fans6e6a0058 Posted at 2017-1-5 05:43
I too would be very interested in this feature and it seems completely in DJI favour - they would be then also marketing the Ronin to photographers not just videographers.  Place the Ronin on a tripod , set up the timelapse in camera, set up the motion timelapse movement in Ronin and press go (twice) so to speak...DJI what are you waiting for?

They won't make a Fw update, instead they will make another ronin that has that feature built in. Even if the current ronins can run the features correctly
2017-1-5 11:14:33
Use props
fans5d68f3aa
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 123107
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My interest is in using the Ronin MX for ground based photospheres. An SDK/API must already exist as used by the assistant apps for iOS/Android. Publicly releasing it would be of great use DJI ;) The only work around I can currently see is to use the mobile SDK for drones and hook it up to the A3 flight controller, which isn't a cheap work around or easy if a drone needs to be carried around everywhere.
2017-3-8 01:04:19
Use props
lamy
Beginner
France

Please Dji ! Should not be so hard to add Timelapse mode on the application and it will be VERY VERY VERY APPRECIATE !!!!!!
2017-6-8 07:03:03
Use props
liondor
Hobbyist
Romania

please DJI ..invert mode on Ronin M
2017-6-14 19:51:06
Use props
1v4r
Beginner
Norway

The lack of a timelapse feature even as a payed software upgrade puts shame on DJI. This feature would add great value to the RONIN product series and would be beneficial for all users of the products with little to no cost for DJI. To ignore this obvious feature appears unimaginary at best but I rather suspect a miserly and cheap marketing decision that in effect prevents an easy implementation of this feature by third parties. I hope DJI will realize their fault and that they will endeavor to correct this flaw in an otherwise great product.
2017-7-18 05:56:37
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next