Help No Video Downlink Phantom 3 Pro
2925 11 2017-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ac08308
New
United States

Hi I have tried every possible thing to figure out why i have no video downlink on my P3 Pro. If anyone has had this issue and fixed it please help.... If not I need to know if replacing the gimbal (https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... smid=A2MJ42GE4S6AAG) Will fix this issue..... Everything on this drone works, I can move the gimbal record video, Take photos. The only thing that doesn't work is the video downlink, all it shows is a black screen..... Thanks.

-Roy
2017-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There are a number of factors that affect the video display. The first is the OS, whetrher you are using Android or iOS. Simple truth, you will have a much greater chance of success if you buy an iPad and use that than you will with Android devices.

Which device do you have?
How are you connecting it?
Can you see the app on the display scrteen, showing aircraft status?

2017-4-21
Use props
Lilroy916
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-21 21:58
There are a number of factors that affect the video display. The first is the OS, whetrher you are using Android or iOS. Simple truth, you will have a much greater chance of success if you buy an iPad and use that than you will with Android devices.

Which device do you have?

I have tried it on a Samsung Tab E which says nothing, I have tried it on my Iphone SE which says no image transmission, And i have tried it with an lg v20 which says nothing just displays a black screen. On all the OS's it has full signal for RC and Video transmission.
2017-4-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Lilroy916 Posted at 2017-4-21 22:32
I have tried it on a Samsung Tab E which says nothing, I have tried it on my Iphone SE which says no image transmission, And i have tried it with an lg v20 which says nothing just displays a black screen. On all the OS's it has full signal for RC and Video transmission.

So you can actually see the DJI Go App on the device screen? If so, that means the connection to the RC controller is OK. Things to try are changing the cable for another.
2017-4-21
Use props
Lilroy916
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-21 23:28
So you can actually see the DJI Go App on the device screen? If so, that means the connection to the RC controller is OK. Things to try are changing the cable for another.

Ok, I have took it out and unplugged and plugged it back in to no luck.
2017-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Lilroy916 Posted at 2017-4-22 09:12
Ok, I have took it out and unplugged and plugged it back in to no luck.

Help us out here, Can you post a shot of what you do see on the display of your phone/tablet?
2017-4-22
Use props
Lilroy916
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-22 14:55
Help us out here, Can you post a shot of what you do see on the display of your phone/tablet?

Sure......
2017-4-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

OK, so the only thing missing is the live view from the camera. I would try sending the aircraft to DJI to fix. You can replace aprts yourself, but it is safer to have them do the work.
2017-4-22
Use props
Lilroy916
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-22 15:57
OK, so the only thing missing is the live view from the camera. I would try sending the aircraft to DJI to fix. You can replace aprts yourself, but it is safer to have them do the work.

Ok so my Question is, the only thing I need to replace is the gimbal correct? (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZW0J9VE/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza)
2017-4-22
Use props
Riddler
New

United Kingdom

Hi
I too am having problems recently (since 15th April) with the WIFI signal. Up until April 15th everything was working just fine. Now when I switch on the aircraft and the Remote controller I don’t get a PHANTOM3_XXXXX WIFI signal to connect to.
I can fly the aircraft with the controller, and I can tilt the camera up and down, but I can’t connect the app.  Is the PHANTOM3_XXXXX signal produced by the aircraft or the remote control?  Which item has gone wrong? Or is there a recent update that I have not made?I have a Phantom 3 Standard and a Samsung Android Phone. As I say, it was all working perfectly a week ago.

2017-4-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Lilroy916 Posted at 2017-4-22 19:30
Ok so my Question is, the only thing I need to replace is the gimbal correct? (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZW0J9VE/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza)

That's an expensive way to fix it. There are huindreds of possibilities for why the signal is not working. And if the replacing the gimbal does not fix the problem, you are out $350
2017-4-23
Use props
fans01ed2aaa
New

United States

Lilroy916 Posted at 2017-4-22 19:30
Ok so my Question is, the only thing I need to replace is the gimbal correct? (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZW0J9VE/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza)

I suspect the gimbal is just fine, if you can record video and take still photos that record fine on the SD card then the camera and gimbal are working properly.
Where to look after that, I'm unsure.   It could be a transmission problem between the aircraft and the controller for the video downlink or it could be a software issue between the controller and your tablet/smartphone.   I suppose the easiest next troubleshooting step would be to uninstall and re-install the DJI GO app and see if that helps.   If not then you might need to send the old bird in for DJI to have a look-see.   
2021-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules