Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cached video from mobile device used as proxy files?
976 5 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was wondering if anyone has attempted using the lower quality video files that are cached to their mobile devices as proxy files in their video editors. I suppose if the files are stable (not currupted in any way) and exactly the same length as files recorded to the SD card on the quad, that this could work. I do realize the cached files would be in different dimensions/resolution though. Any ideas on this? I haven't tried it yet because none of my devices so far have been able to cache video while allowing me solid control and live video feed.

2017-4-22
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Not the files cached in my iPad, but I found possibly the same files in two versions in the SD Card, in different directories... and of course different sizes...
Video files in SD card.png
2017-4-22
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nice! That could save me a lot of time if I can bypass creating proxy files. The other reason I was looking at pulling files from the mobile device is because the mobile device can now record audio too. Having audio cues on the cached files would help sync quad video with other audio in our projects, provided the cached files are in sync with the videos on the quad.
2017-4-22
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-22 08:50
Not the files cached in my iPad, but I found possibly the same files in two versions in the SD Card, in different directories... and of course different sizes...

I just confirmed that I can access those THM folder files by enabling "show hidden files" in Windows.

Also confirmed, when the files cached to your mobile device have any glitches or interruptions, that the length of the files are affected. What I mean is, for example, if you record a 60 second video and your cached video "glitches" at any time during recording, then that cached file will have lost time, resulting in the cached video being slightly shorter than the high quality video recording to your quad. This means the more glitches you experience, the more out of sync your cached videos will be from your quad's versions. I assume that if your live feed is glitch-free during recording, then the two files will remain in sync but I have not been able to test this theory, as I always have glitches!
2017-4-28
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-4-28 11:10
I just confirmed that I can access those THM folder files by enabling "show hidden files" in Windows.

Also confirmed, when the files cached to your mobile device have any glitches or interruptions, that the length of the files are affected. What I mean is, for example, if you record a 60 second video and your cached video "glitches" at any time during recording, then that cached file will have lost time, resulting in the cached video being slightly shorter than the high quality video recording to your quad. This means the more glitches you experience, the more out of sync your cached videos will be from your quad's versions. I assume that if your live feed is glitch-free during recording, then the two files will remain in sync but I have not been able to test this theory, as I always have glitches!

Mhh, this sounds sensible. I haven't seen glitches so far, but this may be due to my very small flight record and the fact that I live in an interference-free area in the middle of nowhere in North Jutland (so much interference-free that we don't even have cellular phone coverage...) and haven't flown the P4P  very far...
2017-4-28
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-28 12:06
Mhh, this sounds sensible. I haven't seen glitches so far, but this may be due to my very small flight record and the fact that I live in an interference-free area in the middle of nowhere in North Jutland (so much interference-free that we don't even have cellular phone coverage...) and haven't flown the P4P  very far...

I'm beginning to believe I have a faulty quad or transmitter. I have had issues no matter what mobilde device used and no matter what settings I use in both DJI Go 4 and Litchi. Reducing the stress put on the device (like reducing to the lowest quality video, frame rate, and shutter speed, and disabling local video cache) improves things but I am seriously debating selling my P4P and going back to the P3P. Things are better in Litchi but still not as solid as they should be.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules