2607 23 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paultolliday
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263271 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, Not sure im posting this in the right place but i have a problem, my phantom 3 pro all of a sudden looses RC signal at around 40 meters, i have full signal at 35meters then nothing at 40, it is up to date with firmware etc, previous flights have been no problem flying to max heigh and distance, nothing has changed no updates or changes to the software. i have tried re linking the remote and re calibrated IMU, compass etc but still loosing signal replidly once its over 35 meters, any ideas anyone ?

Paul
2017-4-22
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Have u tried another area, if not, try
2017-4-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Might have better luck posting in the P3P forum rather than the P3S forum
2017-4-22
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-4-22 08:50
Have u tried another area, if not, try

hi thanks for the reply, been flying in the same field every time
2017-4-22
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-22 09:01
Might have better luck posting in the P3P forum rather than the P3S forum

thanks sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area, first time I have posted a question, I will try the P3P forum
cheers
Paul
2017-4-22
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Good luck Paul, but try another spot!
2017-4-22
Use props
MitchG
New
United States

I've had the same issue with my phantom 3S.  Has anyone found a solution. I've tried everything that I came across!
2017-4-23
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

MitchG Posted at 2017-4-23 13:17
I've had the same issue with my phantom 3S.  Has anyone found a solution. I've tried everything that I came across!

I started noticing signal loss with altidude as well after the update and I use a copper windsurfer.  I will re-link the RC and see what happens.  But I bought my Brother a P3S and he hasn't updated his firmware and doesnt have problems with signal loss
2017-4-24
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

MitchG Posted at 2017-4-23 13:17

I started noticing signal loss with altidude as well after the update and I use a copper windsurfer.  I will re-link the RC and see what happens.  But I bought my Brother a P3S and he hasn't updated his firmware and doesnt have problems with signal loss
2017-4-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Was the altitude over 40 meters? And the aircraft is up to date with what version of firmware ? My copter has the version 1.8.0 of firmware and i had not an issue like that to now. I did not modify the RC  and AC at all. Today i have flown above 40 meters altitude with nearest 200 meters in distance. The status bar was solid green on the Go app.
2017-4-24
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

update: been out with phantom today and after trying absolutely everything and still only getting 40 meters range, (no difference if it was up or away form me) I decided not to fly it and just place it on a table in the middle of the field and walk backwards away from it, and it was still only 40 meters then total signal loss, both RC and Vid feed, so last thing I tried was using my old iPad that I first used when I got the phantom and was still running ver 3.1.2 go app and to my surprise I got over 170 meters with not signal loss ! so tomorrow I am going to fly it and give it a proper test but looking very hopeful at the moment.
2017-4-24
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I wonder if a P3P is more unstable as a P3S. What Firmware do you have installed on the P3P ? 1.9.x ??
2017-4-24
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have 1.9.10 on the phantom, was going to try to roll it back but that seems impossible
2017-4-24
Use props
fans5fb3963e
New
South Korea

i have same problem. signal lost at 30meter. how can i get the not updated ver?
2017-4-24
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Upgrade your antenna,U won't regret it.....
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try resetting the RC to see if this helps:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Try manually relinking the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2017-4-24
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5fb3963e Posted at 2017-4-24 15:20
i have same problem. signal lost at 30meter. how can i get the not updated ver?

I Followed this on youtube to roll back the go app
2017-4-24
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know I will prob be kicked off for these comments but I'm just so p**sed off with this error and I'm spending hours on line trying to find a fix and finding 100's of posts about similar problems and I just think that JDI should be sorting this out, there are loads of people having the same problem for what ever reason, there must be some common thread causing this. I'm in the process of getting qualified and intend to start a business using drones but I now find I'm spending more time looking for an alternative drone other than a JDI one that is reliable. im spending tomorrow testing my drone to see if the latest fix for the problem that I have found after hours of googling fixes the problem, but the fact is the drone should be fit for purpose, I should not have to spend days googling the symptoms of a problem it should work as its supposed to . sorry if this is a bit of a rant and sorry that it does not help anyone, just very angry that I have spent 1000's on drone, ground school, exams,  equipment etc and now the bloody drone decides not to work for no apparent reason
2017-4-25
Use props
iFlyMyDrone.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

I had a similar problem recently. Suddenly, the camera would go black and DJI Go said the craft was disconnected. Immediately, I took my hands off of the sticks until I could sort things out. To my surprise I was still able to control the craft and land it. The solution was to calibrate the IMU. This took a few minutes but took care of the problem. Give it a try.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans3c7722c7
New

Australia

try different location and make sure the tablet and remote is fully charge
2017-4-27
Use props
fans3c7722c7
New

Australia

500m D and 500m H no problem for me. im having the same problem before and now its gone. i just have to downgrade to a lower firmware and bring it back to the latest firmware problem was soved
2017-4-27
Use props
fansa47bc5bf
New
Flight distance : 292073 ft
South Africa

Have you solved the issue yet. Exactly the sane thing happening to me. I was wondering if you could help me? I have a Phantom 3 Standard that I have had for 3 months now. It has worked flawlessly since day one. A few days ago I took it out to fly and it wouldn't fly further than 50 meters without totally losing signal and returning home. I thought it could be interference in the area so I tested in other locations that I know that it performs perfectly and still no luck. I had not changed a single thing from the time it worked perfectly until it stopped working. Ive now tried re-pairing the controller, recalibrating the IMU, the gimbal and the controller. Ive installed the latest version of the DJI GO app and updated the firmware and still no luck. Do you perhaps have any idea what could be wrong?
2017-4-29
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep thats the same thing that happened to me, I have tried re linking, updating, down grading to old firmware and back up to latest, all to no avail, still unable to fly more than about 60 feet before I loose signal, tried different locations different antena angles nothing makes it work, and if you spend a few days looking through forums etc it seems there are 100's of people getting this problem but there is no one answer to solve it and DJI don't seen to want to help cure it. the only  thing that work for me was pairing my Inspire remote, once this is done the problem goes away, so its definitely a controller problem but, the same as you nothing changed to cause it to start playing up, no updates not been dropped etc etc. my plan now is to try a 2nd had controller and if that don't work go buy a drone  that is not a DJI  
2017-4-29
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

final post on this subject, found the problem to be 1 antenna dead, fitted after market antennas but found right hand side antenna is dead from the main pcb so makes no difference which antenna is plugged in, to that side I still get no transmission signal from that side. to confirm I placed drone 10 feet away screwed on left antenna and got 100% signal, then screws same antenna on the other side and zero signal. so 3 month old controller now going in the bin since opening it up has voided the warrenty
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules