Photo Resolution
919 10 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kabeeo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261824 ft
United States

So I took a decent picture that I submitted to a local mag. They loved it but said the resolution is not high enough to publish. I can't figure out if there is a way to increase resolution. I take in Jpg + RAW. Anybody? And of course when I try to upload it here it tells me the file is too big ! Thanks.
2017-4-22
Use props
DrewW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

Did you send the original photo to them in its original resolution? If you increase the resolution its going to decrease the image quality. Its easy though, do you use photoshop?
2017-4-22
Use props
GeoffN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89564 ft
United Kingdom

DrewW Posted at 2017-4-22 09:54
Did you send the original photo to them in its original resolution? If you increase the resolution its going to decrease the image quality. Its easy though, do you use photoshop?

If you increase the resolution its going to decrease the image quality.

don't quite understand that one?
2017-4-22
Use props
Simon Child
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

Process your RAW file and when you save it to jpeg save it at the original size with no compression. That is the file they need, not a down-sized or compressed jpg.
2017-4-22
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. I do use photoshop. Ill give that a try. Thanks
2017-4-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The max resolution for the Standard camera is 4000×3000.
If you have reduced your image size you will have reduced resolution.
You cannot increase resolution beyond that of the camera (unless you want to turn your image to mush).
What were the pixel dimensions of the image you sent?
2017-4-22
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-22 15:10
The max resolution for the Standard camera is 4000×3000.
If you have reduced your image size you will have reduced resolution.
You cannot increase resolution beyond that of the camera (unless you want to turn your image to mush).

The image on my Mac is 4000 x 3000. Is it possible that the e mail program makes it smaller?l
2017-4-22
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Many email programs will automatically resize images. It usually does not do that if you attach the file instead of just dropping it into the content.
2017-4-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I would ask how you sent the file to the magazine. Take a look at your sent emails and examine the specs on the file you sent. As Cabansail says, if you simply dropped the file into the content, it would have been resized, if you want it to stay the same, the best method for large files is to use Dropbox to get them to someone else.
2017-4-22
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-22 16:01
I would ask how you sent the file to the magazine. Take a look at your sent emails and examine the specs on the file you sent. As Cabansail says, if you simply dropped the file into the content, it would have been resized, if you want it to stay the same, the best method for large files is to use Dropbox to get them to someone else.

I did drop it into content in the e mail so that's probably what happened. I just put it into Google Drive so we'll see if that helps. Thanks everybody.
2017-4-22
Use props
Kabeeo
lvl.2
United States

For anybody interested the Google Drive thing worked perfectly. Maybe my first photo publication!
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules