I'm a little concerned with the Mavic's bulges...
2136 11 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

I had this out of the box, but they seem to be getting worse.

I'm approaching seventy flights, all of which have seen the aircraft perform absolutely flawlessly.

I can now feel sone slight bulges on the front face too, hence the reason for the concern.

Build date is 20 Jan 2017.

Used for circa nine weeks.

What do I do?
DSC_0039.JPG
2017-4-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Huh, are those where the gimbal cover's front slots are underneath?

If so, have you been carrying the drone nose-down in a bag/case? Wonder if bumps and vibration during transport are responsible?
2017-4-22
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'm not sure what information anyone can provide beyond what was already covered here and here, but if it still flies fine I wouldn't worry about it.
2017-4-22
Use props
n03l
lvl.4
Netherlands

My Mavic Pro had the same (see post: http://forum.dji.com/thread-90374-1-1.html)

DJI told me to return it if I did not feel good about the bumps "stress cracks?".

I returned it, and 3 weeks later I received a new Mavic Pro (old one was build in November, 17th 2016. The new one in March, 14th 2017)
2017-4-22
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Mine has the same bumps (since new). I have flown it since November and it hasn't gotten worse but I am keeping an eye on it.  I kinda hate to return it and be without my Mavic for a while.
2017-4-22
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-4-22 11:20
Huh, are those where the gimbal cover's front slots are underneath?

If so, have you been carrying the drone nose-down in a bag/case? Wonder if bumps and vibration during transport are responsible?

I should have been clearer, I had this problem straight out of the box.

I guess I'll keep an eye on it given i have circa ten months warranty left and make a decision in four months or so.

It's been superb and I don't want to risk getting a replacement that may disappoint.
2017-4-22
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Touch them with a black marker and you will have a MAVIC with CUTE eyebrows like this...

OR

You can give him an angry eyebrows and he will look like this... {:4_173:}

Your choice!
2017-4-22
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-4-22 18:44
Touch them with a black marker and you will have a MAVIC with CUTE eyebrows like this...

OR

The best idea yet!
2017-4-23
Use props
FF6022
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can't actually see what I'm looking at. I know it's the front top of the Mavic but can't see the issue. Try one with different lighting?
2017-4-23
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

FF6022 Posted at 2017-4-23 02:12
Can't actually see what I'm looking at. I know it's the front top of the Mavic but can't see the issue. Try one with different lighting?

He's talking about the two light gray ovals (displayed almost vertically in the photo in this thread) near the front edge of the top of the Mavic. DJI will normally do a warranty replacement for this but the OP indicated in one or both of the other threads I linked to earlier that he can't send it in.
2017-4-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

From Lemon to Lemonade! Always...
2017-4-23
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-23 03:54
He's talking about the two light gray ovals (displayed almost vertically in the photo in this thread) near the front edge of the top of the Mavic. DJI will normally do a warranty replacement for this but the OP indicated in one or both of the other threads I linked to earlier that he can't send it in.

No, not to DJI Europe.

In fact, DJI are so often silent on this I have no idea of the process of warranty when buying in the 'wrong' global region, as a result of the UK being starved of supply for over three months.

I've assumed, if I must return it, it'll go back to DigitalRev in China.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules