Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FLIR Vue Pro Integration on Inspire
2402 1 2017-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UsIjYyLQ6hOu
New

United States

I have been utilzing the FLIR Vue Pro 640 Thermal Imaging Camera on my Inspire for several months and am not yet pleased with my set-up or workflow.

How are others using this type of product on their Inspire and what is your post workflow?

My set-up...

I have an Inspire 1 and have mounted the FLIR Vue Pro to the bottom of the copter using a GoPro mount. While I can angle the FLIR Vue Pro at a variety of angles, I am typically doing roof inspections and air it straight down. I incorporate a Lumenier TX5G6R mini 600mW Transmitter (powered by 2 9V batteries in parallel, for increased battery life). The FLIR Vue Pro is powered from a USB phone battery. An issue with the camera mounting set-up is that it is not steady (i.e.: it is not on a gibmal, but as I typically take stills this usually is not an issue.) I use the TV F408 Monitor/Receiver to view the FLIR Vue Pro images on the ground

Since I have no method of controlling the FLIR Vue Pro camera in the air, I use my Bluetooth connected phone on the ground to initiate camera still captures at 1 second intervals.

Questions...

1. Is there a way to control the camera shutter while on the ground? How do I do this?  THE PROBLEM with my method is that I come back with hundreds of photos of a roof when I only need 10-20.

2. For those using the 1 second interval timer to capture stills... how do you sort these in post to find the ONEs you want. Since I am usually taking close-ups of the roof, it's hard to know (remember) where the Inspire is positioned for each shot. I "could" start at a higher elevation and work myself down... but taking a photo of WHAT I want would be preferred.

3. I typically shoot "white hot" with the FLIR Vue Pro and change the color pallete using Flir Tools. Is there a way to change the pallete on "ALL" images at once?

4. Is anyone using a gimbal to steady the FLIR Vue Pro on the Inspire?

Thanks for any assistance or tips. I know the XT is a much easier solution, but I don't have $12K to spend on that unit.

Dave
2017-4-22
Use props
fansac69e051
lvl.1
Flight distance : 549564 ft
United States

Dronebase has a few options. The Vue pro mounted with a 10xExmor RGB on a single single where pics are synchronized and even GPS-logged with a separate gps besides DJI. All this and it plugs in Bird like any other cam for 2500 I think. Also separate gimbals for each cam if you want. Check them out
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules